Terminix

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Not great

The company have no manpower to maintain the portfolio they have. As much as the company are trying to cement their name in the UK from the US, it’s just not happening. Moral is low, techs jump ship at the first opportunity, not even working their notice. The pay is poor and nothing special, supermarket workers get more with a lot less pressure. If you want to break into the world of pest control, this company isn’t it, simply due to the lack of techs to support and management that couldn’t organise a p**s up in a brewery. The company won’t last in the UK

Pros

Van for personal use

Cons

Pay is low, management support is poor

Poor training, support and development. Average terms and conditions but very regimented and over reliant on gimmicks.

An average pest control company that offers little in the way of training and development.Think they have reinvented the wheel because they use a lot of apps and portals.Wages are decent but not much in the way of work togetherness and culture.Over reliant on tech.

Pros

Decent wages, van and mobile.

Cons

Poor training, culture and management.

Not a fun place to work

Management always wanting more. No amount of sales is good enough. Favoritism for people who have been there longer. Expect to do 40,000 plus miles in your first 6 months of being given a company car. Private mileage taxed. Micro managed daily. Tracker on your phone and in your car called Truce. Hours of work are long 60 hours a week for bad wages. Selling pest control isn't hard but management always telling you how to sell the products when they haven't even sold it themselves on the road or face to face with a customer. Competitions run for money to achieve sales but management never pays out. Meetings over and over again for nothing but to tell you we need more sales. Mark my words you won't last a year given that the monies you earn are not paid until the 15th of the following month.

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

Long hours, No family life, Bad Management, one day off a week.

I liked working on location, learned such a lot in a very short time. Some I remember to this day.

I started here as a rounds technician. Mainly focused on bird work. Management ok always out on location. Work long hours to get the job done. Have some good friends. This company was going through a change, during my training period. Now this company is called Ecolab.

Pros

Average

Cons

Average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement
  • Terminix
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?