TES Global

TES Global Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

Enjoyable

I did enjoy my time at TES. Good colleagues and will miss them but targets got increasingly harder to attain and became virtually impossible to reach.

An inspiring and happy environment to spend 11 years in

I spent 11 years working as the Senior Receptionist for TES. I looked after a team of 2 other part time receptionists and we worked well as a team. Daily duties included answering a very busy switchboard and redirecting calls to the relevant person or department. Calls came from all areas from professionals in the Education sector to members of the public needing advice. Sometimes placing calls to the relevant areas could be challenging but we always did our to help get people through someone who may be able assist. Other duties included meeting and greeting, booking meeting rooms for both external and internal events and organizing catering as required, ensuring meeting rooms and all AV & IT equipment was in working order on a daily basis. Ensuring administration process for issuing staff security passes was kept up to date and monitored closely. We all also provided ad-hoc cover for the Office Services department if anyone was on annual leave or sick. I was also responsible for ensuring both Fire Warden and First Aider's qualifications were kept up to date and arranging training when needed. I also had responsibility of ensuring that all staff completed Desk Assessments online and also carried out desk assessments myself, liaising with both the Facilities & HR Managers to ensure records were kept up to date with ongoing cases. Generally I was very happy during my years at TES. My team were wonderful.but we all went through a difficult time in 2018 when there were a lot of structural changes in the business due to many Commercial and Operational departments being -

Free-roam working

For the period of time, I was with TES, I felt like it was a great company to have been involved during 2019. It was a great experience to be involved with a company that had aims and objectives into changing the future of education and is known quite amazing for its services it provides to those that work within the education sector. It's a great company as it's both based in London and Sheffield, and also has the benefits of work roaming to areas, not working at a default location that is truly an employee's (unless you have accessibility requirements). I felt my contribution for the period of time I was there had been commendable for helping in terms of creating and providing resources that those who want to be in the process of becoming teachers. My only critique of working for TES is it's job security, depending on the sector you work, if you're in an FTC (Fixed-Term Contract), there is a great chance the contract might be extended or not renewed, therefore this job might not potentially provide long-term employment. So a good heads-up for those wanting to work for TES.

A learning curve

Working at TES was an interesting one. The people in your section was nice to work with but people in higher ranking roles liked to micromanage your work and your ethics. Longside the heavy amount of in-office gossip, making nearly 80 employees redundant and the lack of empathy for employee’s personal life, it’s certainly a place you will learn a lot about. My one piece of advise would be: keep yourself to yourself.

Pros

Salary, Lunch hours

Cons

Back biting, micromanaging

Rudderless

I have worked at TES global for a number of years, and the circus finally ended for me in August 2018 where they told 80 employees they had been made redundant, the company in my opinion has gone downhill over the years, where in-house managers and corporate bigwigs do not seem to know where the end of their nose is sometimes.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Productive and place to work

TES Global is a wonderful company to work. The staff are very friendly and there is a culture of constant learning and improving one skills. I must say I learnt quite a lot working at TES, and I wouldn't mind working for them again.

Dead man walking

A once proud bastion of the education industry with a long and deserved reputaion as the de facto industry standard publication for teachers and administrators bought to its knees by its latest owners intent on monetiising assets that were once free and a total disregard of the journalistic aspect in favour of a digital sales platform. The Company has declined to the point where its it is being relocated to Sheffield to cut costs, alienating its work force to the point where there is a significant brain drain resulting in the only team with any confiidence is now the web engineering force. To further cut their losses the owners (TPG) are now selling off the most profitable arm: Times Higher Education futher depreciating both the reputation and value of the Company. A very sorry tale.

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits for existing staff.

Cons

New staff contracts significantly less attractive

Could be so much better

Bad management with little or no consistency and bad communication with staff. Really great customers. Can be long hours, but you earn well at the moment. Appointment making is tough, but when you are in front of these customers it is brilliant.

Pros

the customers

Cons

management

fun place to work

only her on a 2 week contract so cant comment but from my little time there they had a great work life balance a friendly close knit team however takes them quite a while to warm to you.

Very fun, rewarding work place

I only worked for this company briefly but it was an amazing experience/place to work. The wage, working hours, perks and the people make for a wonderful place to work and build your career.

Pros

Great hours and free perks

Good people in the main but needs work!!!

Great people in certain areas. A traditional publisher that is desperately trying to reinvent itself as a digital player but is hampered by internal processes and systems. Will never create the efficiencies required to run a truly digital business given these constraints.

Pros

free breakfast and drinks

Cons

senior management

Fast-pasted and fun place to be

TES Global is a rewarding and exciting place to be. Great innovators with a passion for what they do. Accessible and inspirational leadership.

Pros

Great culture

nice job.

great company. shame was only temp contract. good salary. Great management and fun work place. Was nice to be able to call people who actually WANTED to speak to you and hear what yu had to say. Was obviously kept in the dark for a long time over whether my contract would be extended or not.

Pros

salary

Cons

too far to travel

An effective and energetic workplace

A typical day at work would include sifting through a large number of websites and collecting pertinent data or calling to enquire about collected data. I was able to learn how to quickly and accurately collect data, to communicate effectively over the telephone and how to use Salesforce. The management was communicative and competent whilst my co-workers were hard working and friendly. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job were both on the phone. It could sometimes be a challenge communicating with certain individuals but developing a good rapport with people was satisfying.

Good team, well managed organisation

I worked on a temporary basis for a small team within a larger education sector organisation. The organisation overall was well-run, a good building with excellent facilities which made the working day comfortable. The work was well-managed and the team were friendly and hardworking.

Pros

free tea coffee, fruit, cereal. Comfortable staff lounge. Central location

Cons

office slightly below ground with only a view of people's feet walking past!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TES Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement