Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 14,091 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced business I’ve worked for them for a long time in different stores and depts A lot of changes have happened throughout time the training side is very good
I would not recommend this job. Management is poor and the place is full of gossipers and some backstabbers. Please try not to make friends with coworkers.
Pros
Decent pay, good banter, work is generally easy to understand
Cons
Customers do not socially distance, backstabbing colleagues, management is poor
Easy as anything. Quick to learn. Nice customers. Free uniform. Training. Free drinks and toast. Large staff room. Loads of lockers. Pleasant staff. Good rate of pay.
Pros
Finish early
Cons
Not enough hours
The managers and older staff pick on the youngers and the work load is so unevenly distributed based on this. I would never go back personally. The company does the most they can to save money and the lower paid workers end up being the ones to lose out so they can meet their target. Very stingy and no respect for the workers.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Most things
Conscientious hardworking reliable and flexible capable of working independently on my own devices have always enjoyed working in retail work there’s so many opportunities with thirty years experience and skills have always had a good connection with customers, friendly and polite and helpful Towards customers the work is so rewarding and challenging no today’s are the same in retail work, Good Customer Service’s Enjoy interacting with customers customers,
Nice store to work in. Manager was a good guy, friendly and considerate. Put in the effort when it was needed. Most of the team made working there a good experience and felt like a good team spirit.
Pros
Good people, rarely boring, don't need the gym after work
Cons
Short breaks, small staff room
I was a picker & packer at Tesco warehouse here in MK. The workplace was fast paced organised productive & even fun at times. I didn’t agree with the 20mins beak for lunch throughout a whole 8 hour period and it was the reason I left due to not being able to eat efficiently for the job in these 20min, meaning I was regularly getting disciplined for coming back into the store floor 10/15 mins later than expected. Otherwise My experience at Tesco warehouse was certainly a positive one. The work was not the problem it was my preferences didn’t meet my job
Pros
Free safety equipment. Good place to build communication skills & learn to work under pressure.
Cons
Not a long enough lunch break
I worked for Tesco for 3 years and would definitely recommend it anyone who is looking for a good environment to work in. Pay was great and management was fantastic.
Pros
Sick pay
Cons
The decades of change in retail is emence from enjoying working every day with fun at work and great people too an environment of I want it done yesterday and the pressure of delivering in all aspects of the job there's not many Smiling now.
Pros
Great benefits with length of service
Cons
Lots of unpaid O/T because it's expected.
I applied for this chance one day.I was walking past my local store and thought I would take a cv in by chance.A month later I received a call from the Store Manager,inviting me for an interview.I received a job offer by telephone several days later.From the day I started,I felt that I fitted in.The management were very good.I enjoyed my time working,even though it was only a temporary contract.I would highly recommend working for the company.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tesco?
Working in this warehouse has been the worst experience of my life. Toxic environment back stabbing . Stealing. Managers having affairs. One rule for one and another for foreigners. I've aged 20 years in 10 months. U must have thick skin . And don't care attitude. Unfortunately I had mine ripped apart.
Applied for delivery Driver role but they gave it to someone internally and asked me to work in click and collect. Physically demanding job with short staff so in order to get a break you had to work yourself an hour in front to allow your break without falling behind. Drivers left and I asked to apply for those roles but no one wanted to replace me at my job so no joy there.
Pros
Money was fine.
Cons
Breaks could be tricky, pedantic management, didnt seen to be scope for advancement.
I really enjoyed working for Tesco and I would recommend the company to anyone who wants to work there. The people are great and fun to work with, but you do have to be fit to work there.
Pros
Although you had to pay for the meals, they provided hot meals such as breakfasts an dinners.
Cons
The hours were long, but the benefit were ok, such as a pension, and access to a union rep if you needed one.
There are lots of things to do any you are not set on one thing all day the staff is lovey and everyone is very friendly and they are willing on training you on new things
Staff are absolutely amazing, couldn’t find better people to work with but there is a lot of favouritism with management which impacts overtime allocations.
Pros
amazing colleagues
Cons
Bad management
The colleagues at my store are really friendly we are like a family. When I started working for the company in 2016 it was a much better place to work than what it is today. So much as changed and I think this have been going on for years. Heath and safety in the place isn't taken seriously. The company as some silly policies which makes no sense to follow but they won't follow them one minute but then another manager comes along and now the job needs to be done completely different than before or it will be a disciplinary. Like push eight trolleys using a strap now and we are expected to keep up with the customers even if we are on our own on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However I still see that they allow other people from other departments out on trolleys with no steel toe caps or managers out in the mornings before a trolley person comes in working with no hi vis on.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, 10% discount, breaks generous
Cons
Management, inconsistent hours, staff shortage
It is job, warehouse is not easy unload cages, fill truck with empty cages, next truck comes in repeat, also multi skilled. Which I found was unfair I help out on the tills but I did not get it back when needed. Very cold during the winter. You will have to sign contract with hours,set in stone for the year days off etc when looking for jobs in tesco see the days off suit your life at home first. Management watch sick days like a hawk, basically they say you have not worked your contracted hours that is how they pull on
Pros
Good canteen, depending on store, some excellent mangers, some very bad if your face fits
Cons
Some women just gossip and get away with it, public, a lot of lazy staff
I worked at Waltham Cross fulfilement on a 12 weeks contract. I had never done night shifts or this type of work. On day 1 there is absolutely no training or buddy system, the management dont talk to you or give you any feedback. It is highly disorganised, they use agency staff who come in and have fun (and allowed to do so) or working at zero speed! After 3 months my contract would be renewed only if I worked at the week end ! I got out! Worse place I ever worked! 1 person was covid positive who never wore a mask and they tried to keep it quiet but had to send 8 people home one evening for isolation ...as it got out ! TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS OR REPLACE THEM ! the only person who impressed me was their supervisor who was the only one who knew what he was doing and treated the staff with respect.
Cons
I enjoyed working for Tesco. I liked interacting with the other staff and customers. I preferred working on the checkouts to the delicatessen as there was a lot of washing up to do
Pros
Time flies!
Cons
Rsi
Not a great company to work for. Expected to work lots of shifts, no care for work/home life balance. Management rarely on there own department and be prepared to spend more time on checkouts or picking for home delivery then anyone other department, regardless of what contract says! Worst place ive ever worked and worst years of my life!
The job itself is good and fairly simple, customers can be hit and miss, you either have great customers that make your day or you have customers who make the rest of your day miserable.Management are good, helpful and understanding
Pros
Colleague discount card
Cons
Customers
  1. Employee reviews