Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 14,430 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,155 reviews

it was good

good job security, fun colleagues, some managers are a bit uptight but overall good work environment. if you get to know your colleagues, working becomes fun.

Great place to work for various reasons.

This is one of the best places I’ve ever worked! The hours are flexible, so I finish around 12pm which means I have the rest of my day to myself. Everyone is kind, including management and the place is very well ran, always looking after their staff with fun competitions / prizes & bonuses or pay rises at busy times. I love it here and can see myself staying with the business for the foreseeable

Pros

Supportive management, good pay

Peterborough DC

The worst place to work for. They pay you pocket money but they want from you everything. They will never understand your family needs and treating you without respect. All you are there it's just a number on their files, nothing more. Clerks and management aren't humans, so much hate from them against the person which is on the other side of the desk.They make promises during your interview just to get you in, once you're there, your life belongs to them.

Pros

Other place to work

Falkirk Pharmacy

This pharmacy is truly the worst place to work. The pharmacy manager is extremely lazy and most days complains about working , the patients and other staff.As for discretion, forget about it.This is a very busy and understaffed pharmacy with very volatile customers. They rely on locum pharmacist and are understaffed with a very high staff turnover. You are often left with locum pharmacist that have never worked for Tesco before and its your responsibility to babysit them. Very poor training coupled with a stressful working environment with no support. This is not a healthy place to work.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Constant overtime

Fun Workplace but Management isn't the best

A fun place to work but a lot of the older staff who have been there longer aren't friendly at all. Some of the managers weren't very kind and were very unprofessional. Staff complaints and serious issues weren't taken seriously and were dealt with really unprofessionally. The pay and benefits are great however if you're looking for a job to pay the bills/rent then it's not the one as they have loads of staff but very little hours.

Pros

Benefits/Discounts

Cons

Management and Lack of professionalism

Head down / eyes front.

Just go in. Do your shift. Come home. Repeat. Short sharp bursts. If you have a decent management team you might just enjoy it It can be monotonous, so you have to like people. Skills are rewarded, and there can be flexibility with shifts . Pays not bad , discounts for staff are always useful, but it can be a bit like being at school.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Wild hours.

Bad management

Never in all my years have i been in an induction and been told watch who you talk about as it could be the persons relative by the people conducting the induction. Then your just treated as a number and expected straight away to know what your doing and if there was management well lucky if i seen them twice the whole time i worked there never again

Pros

Cons

Managment and insuffient training

Poor management

If you like to suck up to management and willing to work ridiculous overtime and please the manager then this job is for you. However, if you have any type of commitments that make it hard to always do the extra mile then you might as well not bother applying. The rugeley store is struggling due to the way it’s poorly managed, people are leaving from all over due to this. The checkouts are always calling out for people to jump on a till as always short staffed so adds pressure to others. Be careful of the supervisors.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Group chat none stop, supervisors pester

Nice busy place

Lots of jobs but they tend to be for older people with mortgages in Crawley or foreigners. Not a lot of work these days and the till are hard work self service. I wouldn't work at Xmas again because they use you and so do sainsburys especially in Crawley.

Pros

Nice canteen, busy proactive place

Cons

Not for some people, get laid off after xmas

Good pay - Awful management

Working in Tesco as a General Assistant was good at first, but as time went on it wasn't hard to see how bad the management was. Showing favouritism to certain colleagues while ignoring the other staff. They would ask you to work a shift that night as you were leaving from your shift the night before. They would speak to the female colleagues like they were below them, while piling on more work for the hard workers, letting other colleagues slack off.

Pros

Good pay, when they would get it right.

Jobs at Tesco

See more jobs

Fun work experience

I was in school when I was given the opportunity to work at Tesco for a week. It wasn’t my first choice and wasn’t the career path I wanted but they made me feel extremely welcome and I loved it

Pros

Staff discount

Great department

Difficult to progress if you didn't want to move out of your area of expertise into another area. This led to people being promoted into jobs they had to experience of and therefore you, as the subordinate, were teaching the manager. The point behind this was to create generalists and leaders, but it didn't encourage people to develop their own skill set.

Pros

Canteen, parking on site, staff discount, pension scheme

Tesco provide excellent service for customers, providing goods opportunities for staff

Tesco take over the company that I was working I work in 3 branches of Tesco witch I enjoy as I enjoy my job I get on with my work colleagues I have one bad experience with one manager I didn't like but that wouldn't stop me recommend Tesco as a good company to work for.

Loved my work colleagues but not management

Always changing your work hours, you had no choice you had to work what they gave you, most of the managers are two-faced and they don't appreciate hard working loyal employees especially the ones who have worked for the company over 10 years!! Avoid!!!

Cons

Stressful job.

Replenishment, customer service.

I've been working at Guildford Supers. and my experience wasn't good.You have to work hard. Management only care about relatives, friends and play pool.The company is good but it all depends on the people you work with.

Pros

Working 4 days, good money, colleagues

Decent workplace

Decent place to work manager I had was great got along with some of the guys there but overall decent place to work but hard work but had a decent manager overall and some of the guys I worked with are great people and will help you if needed

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Different days had to plans ahead for outside meeting mates on days off

Horrible place to work

Management and supervisors largely ignored you, unless they had something negative to say. Spoken to as if you were a child (I’m in my 50’s ) I was on a temporary contract and felt as though the permanent staff resented you being there because you were taking their overtime. Although, when they could go early they did ,while we stayed to finish the work .

Pros

Reasonable pay and staff discount

Cons

Bad management and unfriendly permanent staff

Friendly and welcoming staff

Great team spirit with welcoming staff. tea room with tv and pool table prior to covid restrictions free tea, coffee ,squash ,fruit, toast. Variable job roles avalible no day is the same

Pros

Free collegue shop

Cons

Weekend work

lovely place to work in

I have been working for Tesco for 3 years now and I have nothing negative to say. The management is great and the staff are lovely. It is a great job to start off one's career in retail. There are also opportunities to progress within the company.

Driving delivery’s

Been there 2 and half years wouldn’t say it’s the best but wouldn’t say it’s the worst in my opinion is not a forever job and sooner or later u get tired of it

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long hours and more time the managers don’t have a clue what there doing

Not the best supermarket to work for.

Managers didn’t treat colleagues with any respect. Lacked skills themselves and expected their team to pick up after them. Expect you to work over time with very short notice, but when you request holidays with plenty of notice they would reject them.

Pros

Discounted canteen

Cons

Long hours. Managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7K
5.7K
4K
1.3K
1.4K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Tesco with

• Tesco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?