Tesco
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Tesco

Tesco Employee Review

na

Hours were perfect. Early start early finish.If you have a family this is the place for you and you dont need to worry about them only you have a nice wage at the end of the week.Thye pay weekyl not like other omapanies paying monthly

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun job

Delivery driver. Fun job, fast-paced. Heavy lifting is the main downside.You're well looked after, everything is straightforward. Lots of opportunity to pick up extra shifts.
Same role

overloaded and isolated

poor communication throughout the branch with senior staff, they moved me from temporary contract- permanent without informing me and I only found out when I handed my notice in. first shift as a driver was meant to have an experienced person in the passenger seat but they didn't give me anyone. I finished that shift 2 hours late getting back to the store at gone midnight. stressful job which is sold as an easy going, stress free job.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

long hours, poor communication, poor management
Same location

Getting more cutthroat by the day

If you're smart with the overtime, you can make a good amount of money quite quickly. However, due to the cutthroat nature of retail, job security is very poor at all levels of in-store employment. Redundancies made from self service, reduction in staff, restructuring, and "simplification" meant for me that it was no longer financially viable as overtime dried up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tesco with

Learn about Tesco in popular locations

• Tesco
  • na
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?