Tesla

Tesla Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom34 reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,201 reviews

Great job while it lasts.

Full of broken promises and a real lack of support and promotion unless your face fits. Expected to go above and beyond without any praise given. Extremely long hours and very little support from management only criticism. You are expected to know everything and if you fail your a quickly picked up. Worked there for many years and treated very bad.

Pros

Great technology

Cons

Long hours, stressful and poor management

Overall is good

Can provide you good experiences in the intern role. For internships, you get paid with a relative high salary comparing to other firms, and you’ll get opportunities to build up your own portfolio through participating in different projects.

Insights into Tesla

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Stress anxiety

Use to be good but gone down hill to many responsibilities when all you want to do is fix cars but instead you’re parts service advisor and a mentor to apprentice

Stressful with difficult to reach targets.

If you are single and young Tesla is probably a great place for you to work, but if you have a family or need any kind of routine then avoid the place at all costs. Constant changes to working hours are to be expected.

Pros

Industry leading technology.

Cons

Impossible to get into a routine. Expected to do the job of a technician, service advisor, parts advisor. If you just want to repair vehicles, this is not the job for you

Terrible place to work

Tesla is a terrible place to work for. There is a lot of gossip and politics. No culture at all. Employees are very unhappy and tired trying to keep up with the impossible expectations. If you don’t stick with the specific group of people you will not be valued at all. No respect or recognition for hard work. Management is adding tasks without increasing pay and pay is very low according to the responsibilities you have to do. Changes are made very quickly so it is impossible to adapt and make things work. Management is not supporting at all, hiding from customers and blaming lower staff members for mistakes. You feel like they looking to catch you on something to make them look good and this is what unfortunately has happened to me. You are very likely to be depressed after few months of working there. Customers are complaining and you have to deal with angry people on the phone and face to face with no support from management. Salary is also not paid on time and if there is any deductions there is no clear communication. The only positive aspect was interesting technology, Tesla mission and shares that company is offering to starters. However in my opinion mental health is more important than this and I will say NOT TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE VERY UNHAPPY AND STRESSED TO THE LIMITS!!

Pros

Shares

Shockingly bad place

Management and health and safety are shockingly bad incompetent and rely on workers who work excessive hours to make a decent living wage terrible place to work for.

Pros

Cons

Long hours poorly paid

Poor management

Tesla can be a great place to work dependant on location and management. The Birmingham site is ran extremely poorly.management is ignorant and disrespectful.Progression is based on popularity not ability.The salary is good but you will be talked to like dirt.Not what you would expect from this brandDisappointing experience

Pros

Future tech

Cons

Little men in charge

Fun & great staff morale

This company really rewards your hard work and acknowledges if you want to progress further. Training is brilliant, you will need to be motivated. And to be able to think on your feet quite often, being customer faced you have a lot of questions constantly.

Pros

Learning about the new electric economy

Cons

Constantly cleaning the hand marks on the cars lol

Model 3 line installation

I've been to Tesla two times for the Model3 and ModelY installation of robot production lines and loved every minute of it,from empty floor space to a complete lines state of the art equipment to produce the finest electric cars

Pros

Free Breakfast

Cons

Long Hours

Great workplace great team

Strange managerial structure managers at upper level casually dressed no corporate uniform.Different management mindset of any dealership I have worked with

Pros

Innovative class leading vehicles

Cons

Strange management structure

Fast paced

Within the job, I learned how to manage/juggle multiple tasks at once and it taught me how to plan and effectively execute all tasks within due time. Everything is fast paced, management steer you in the right direction and the perks of the job are that you get to drive the luxury cars.

Only part time

This was part time stand management for the powerwall. I had two staff. Waa taking customer queries and talking about the product. It was a short term job covering at the Nec. Fun and quite relaxed.

Very good place to work

A very good place to work although the money definitely don't match the work. It's a 24 hour production line, very fast paced building MRI scanners for cancer research and sending them to hospitals and abroad.

Worse management

After leaving a steady job, I joined Tesla thinking I'd be treated fairly and be respected for taking initiatives. But the management I was working under had too much politics and favouritism. The service manager hated customers and always used to make people follow his orders even though it wasn't a good decision for the company. I complained to HR but nobody took an action. Ended up resigning.

Tesla must come first....

You just be prepared to give up everything else in your life in order to satisfy Tesla - if you don’t, you’ll be consigned to the ‘not working hard enough’ category. Working 70 hours + a week, massive turnover of staff, dictatorship at the top telling you to achieve impossible things to name a few. Don’t even think about leaving on time during quarter end, and don’t mention the poor build quality of the cars, just fix them but you’ll be measured on how many cars come in for fixing. Nothing will be great, and senior management are under pressure to get results so will push you to get them. If you do as you’re told and you suck up, you’ll get a promotion and/or payrise. Disagree and you’ll be out in a matter of months. Sickness and stress is high, standards impossible to reach. The company is aiming way too high and is built on rocky foundations, with huge debts and liabilities meaning recruitment freezes are common whilst money’s wasted elsewhere. Think hard before joining.

good variety of work

friendly staff good atmosphere. every day is different with a wide variety of electrical work, main roles there are production. i learnt a great deal and they're happy to progress knowledge within the company.

Loved it friendly good company to work for

I would work for them again no problem professional nice working inviroment good training overtime pension holidays very fair and understanding interesting work great variety

Great company great work colleagues

I really enjoyed working for Tesla Make big mistake at work paid high price instant dismissal. No managerial back up or understanding of my circumstances.

Pros

Very decent work colleagues

Cons

Liberal Management structure

Good company, great benefits. One team, one dream! Can't fault Tesla, the teams are great and the management works hard to keep everything moving smoothly. Good mixture of work backgrounds makes for an interesting day at work, big personalities with lots to bring to the table.

Fun workplace, poor work/life balance

A typical day would consist of capturing fresh leads from customers who walk in in the showroom, as well as managing office time which is used to follow up on existing customers. We have to hit certain weekly KPI's. This job has taught me a lot about time management, how to interact with different people in order to reach a positive outcome (a sale). The culture is very young and dynamic, the oldest member of our team is 29. Hardest part of the job is maintaining motivation as there is not a huge deal of responsibility given to product specialists, therefore you have to regularly fight against boredom. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get when you have completely turned someones view of an electric car and persuade them to buy one. Also the cars are pretty awesome to drive!

Pros

Fantastic product, fun team, flat structure

Cons

long hours, poor work/life balance due to weekend hours, lack of progression

Not a company with a future

No wonder we haven’t made a profit and have a high turnover of staff. Looking elsewhere as my face doesnt seem to ‘fit’ anymore and you have to be part of club and sacrifice your life..

Pros

Cons

Pay, managemtn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement