Tesla

Tesla Culture reviews

friendly staff good atmosphere. every day is different with a wide variety of electrical work, main roles there are production. i learnt a great deal and they're happy to progress knowledge within the company.
After leaving a steady job, I joined Tesla thinking I'd be treated fairly and be respected for taking initiatives. But the management I was working under had too much politics and favouritism. The service manager hated customers and always used to make people follow his orders even though it wasn't a good decision for the company. I complained to HR but nobody took an action. Ended up resigning.
A typical day would consist of capturing fresh leads from customers who walk in in the showroom, as well as managing office time which is used to follow up on existing customers. We have to hit certain weekly KPI's. This job has taught me a lot about time management, how to interact with different people in order to reach a positive outcome (a sale). The culture is very young and dynamic, the oldest member of our team is 29. Hardest part of the job is maintaining motivation as there is not a huge deal of responsibility given to product specialists, therefore you have to regularly fight against boredom. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get when you have completely turned someones view of an electric car and persuade them to buy one. Also the cars are pretty awesome to drive!
Pros
Fantastic product, fun team, flat structure
Cons
long hours, poor work/life balance due to weekend hours, lack of progression
Having been with Tesla for just over a year I have found it very enjoyable. There is a very open culture and speaking to the management teams is very relaxed and easy going.
Pros
Relaxed working enviroment
Cons
Can be demanding at the end of each quarter
great company with a great ethos, work life balance could be a bit challenging at times, but overall a great place to work and would recommed to anybody
Pros
great company with a great ethos.
Cons
amazing place to work. great people and company vision great leadership. Executed well and compensated teams very well. Great passion and energy
Cons
hyper growth
Being an International Exploration Company this meant considerable time away from home and for long periods, of up to 6 weeks. Although the job was very diverse and extremely interesting the industry lacks innovative and proactive planning with regards too; staff progression, company culture and management structure, which leads to poor overall organisation, poor spending decisions and human resources/staff moral. This is also company that relies on a stable Oil per barrel price and demand for new Oil and Gas finds world wide, leading to continued uncertainty as to your length of employment between contracts. Overall I enjoyed my time with Tesla, gaining a good level of experience, knowledge and expertise which I feel could contribute to my future success in many different roles and environments.
Pros
Travel and Salary
Cons
Continued periods away and lack of progression