Tesla

Tesla Job security & advancement reviews

You just be prepared to give up everything else in your life in order to satisfy Tesla - if you don’t, you’ll be consigned to the ‘not working hard enough’ category. Working 70 hours + a week, massive turnover of staff, dictatorship at the top telling you to achieve impossible things to name a few. Don’t even think about leaving on time during quarter end, and don’t mention the poor build quality of the cars, just fix them but you’ll be measured on how many cars come in for fixing. Nothing will be great, and senior management are under pressure to get results so will push you to get them. If you do as you’re told and you suck up, you’ll get a promotion and/or payrise. Disagree and you’ll be out in a matter of months. Sickness and stress is high, standards impossible to reach. The company is aiming way too high and is built on rocky foundations, with huge debts and liabilities meaning recruitment freezes are common whilst money’s wasted elsewhere. Think hard before joining.
friendly staff good atmosphere. every day is different with a wide variety of electrical work, main roles there are production. i learnt a great deal and they're happy to progress knowledge within the company.
I would work for them again no problem professional nice working inviroment good training overtime pension holidays very fair and understanding interesting work great variety
A typical day in the life of Tesla looks like a few of us Customer Experience Specialists (CES) being prepared for serious buyers or curious tourists that would like to know more about how a Tesla could fit better into their life than the current car. We are educated of how the car performs, how it charges, insurance policies, price breakdowns, the history of electric vehicles, the impact on the environment, passion for our mission, and most importantly social skills. If we are not talking about our cars, we are communicating and tracking updates with other people who we have previously worked with. This has taught me the proper ways to handle customer conversation, satisfaction, and dissatisfaction. I have always needed to find creative and resourceful ways to tailor the conversation to a way the customer would best find fit. For example, for an elderly couple with no kids, I would not emphasize the seating room in our SUV that has the highest performance of any car in it's class. I would talk about the reliability of the car in the long run and it's highest safety rating ever tested by the National Highway Traffic Association. I also developed strong speaking skills and a confidence in knowing that I work for the most innovative and groundbreaking car company in the nation. This has helped me significantly when doing projects or presentations in school. The people whom I worked with were a group of young individuals that I highly respected for their commitment to the company, excitement for our advancements, engagement with customers, and interest in higher level thinking - more...
Pros
Working for a company who's mission I believed in
Cons
Being the youngest of the group I worked with made me feel at times inexperienced.
If your face does not fit you wont be there long. No development structure. No chance of promotion if you are not in the club. Be ready for long boring days talking about future products that do not exist.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Start of the shift
great company with a great ethos, work life balance could be a bit challenging at times, but overall a great place to work and would recommed to anybody
Pros
great company with a great ethos.
Cons
amazing place to work. great people and company vision great leadership. Executed well and compensated teams very well. Great passion and energy
Cons
hyper growth
Being an International Exploration Company this meant considerable time away from home and for long periods, of up to 6 weeks. Although the job was very diverse and extremely interesting the industry lacks innovative and proactive planning with regards too; staff progression, company culture and management structure, which leads to poor overall organisation, poor spending decisions and human resources/staff moral. This is also company that relies on a stable Oil per barrel price and demand for new Oil and Gas finds world wide, leading to continued uncertainty as to your length of employment between contracts. Overall I enjoyed my time with Tesla, gaining a good level of experience, knowledge and expertise which I feel could contribute to my future success in many different roles and environments.
Pros
Travel and Salary
Cons
Continued periods away and lack of progression
Probably the most dynamic 10'000+ employee company in the world. I came in without any experience in the automotive industry but quickly learned the ropes and became a key figure in the companies European growth
Working at Tesla is always fun and challenging. There is a lot more scope to learn new things and gain experience. Friendly work environment.
Tesla is a true Californian Start Up and has got to where it is today by spinning at max RPM 24/7. It offers great career progression to its staff if you are willing and able to make the necessary personal sacrifices required. A typical working day is 16 hours for senior management or longer. The staff are fuelled on positivity and all focus on the goals set in a way that is simple astonishing to be a part of.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
unsustainable pace long term