Tesla

Tesla Management reviews

Within the job, I learned how to manage/juggle multiple tasks at once and it taught me how to plan and effectively execute all tasks within due time. Everything is fast paced, management steer you in the right direction and the perks of the job are that you get to drive the luxury cars.
Strange managerial structure managers at upper level casually dressed no corporate uniform.Different management mindset of any dealership I have worked with
Pros
Innovative class leading vehicles
Cons
Strange management structure
This was part time stand management for the powerwall. I had two staff. Waa taking customer queries and talking about the product. It was a short term job covering at the Nec. Fun and quite relaxed.
After leaving a steady job, I joined Tesla thinking I'd be treated fairly and be respected for taking initiatives. But the management I was working under had too much politics and favouritism. The service manager hated customers and always used to make people follow his orders even though it wasn't a good decision for the company. I complained to HR but nobody took an action. Ended up resigning.
You just be prepared to give up everything else in your life in order to satisfy Tesla - if you don’t, you’ll be consigned to the ‘not working hard enough’ category. Working 70 hours + a week, massive turnover of staff, dictatorship at the top telling you to achieve impossible things to name a few. Don’t even think about leaving on time during quarter end, and don’t mention the poor build quality of the cars, just fix them but you’ll be measured on how many cars come in for fixing. Nothing will be great, and senior management are under pressure to get results so will push you to get them. If you do as you’re told and you suck up, you’ll get a promotion and/or payrise. Disagree and you’ll be out in a matter of months. Sickness and stress is high, standards impossible to reach. The company is aiming way too high and is built on rocky foundations, with huge debts and liabilities meaning recruitment freezes are common whilst money’s wasted elsewhere. Think hard before joining.
I really enjoyed working for Tesla Make big mistake at work paid high price instant dismissal. No managerial back up or understanding of my circumstances.
Pros
Very decent work colleagues
Cons
Liberal Management structure
Good company, great benefits. One team, one dream! Can't fault Tesla, the teams are great and the management works hard to keep everything moving smoothly. Good mixture of work backgrounds makes for an interesting day at work, big personalities with lots to bring to the table.
A typical day would consist of capturing fresh leads from customers who walk in in the showroom, as well as managing office time which is used to follow up on existing customers. We have to hit certain weekly KPI's. This job has taught me a lot about time management, how to interact with different people in order to reach a positive outcome (a sale). The culture is very young and dynamic, the oldest member of our team is 29. Hardest part of the job is maintaining motivation as there is not a huge deal of responsibility given to product specialists, therefore you have to regularly fight against boredom. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get when you have completely turned someones view of an electric car and persuade them to buy one. Also the cars are pretty awesome to drive!
Pros
Fantastic product, fun team, flat structure
Cons
long hours, poor work/life balance due to weekend hours, lack of progression
A typical day in the life of Tesla looks like a few of us Customer Experience Specialists (CES) being prepared for serious buyers or curious tourists that would like to know more about how a Tesla could fit better into their life than the current car. We are educated of how the car performs, how it charges, insurance policies, price breakdowns, the history of electric vehicles, the impact on the environment, passion for our mission, and most importantly social skills. If we are not talking about our cars, we are communicating and tracking updates with other people who we have previously worked with. This has taught me the proper ways to handle customer conversation, satisfaction, and dissatisfaction. I have always needed to find creative and resourceful ways to tailor the conversation to a way the customer would best find fit. For example, for an elderly couple with no kids, I would not emphasize the seating room in our SUV that has the highest performance of any car in it's class. I would talk about the reliability of the car in the long run and it's highest safety rating ever tested by the National Highway Traffic Association. I also developed strong speaking skills and a confidence in knowing that I work for the most innovative and groundbreaking car company in the nation. This has helped me significantly when doing projects or presentations in school. The people whom I worked with were a group of young individuals that I highly respected for their commitment to the company, excitement for our advancements, engagement with customers, and interest in higher level thinking - more...
Pros
Working for a company who's mission I believed in
Cons
Being the youngest of the group I worked with made me feel at times inexperienced.
Having been with Tesla for just over a year I have found it very enjoyable. There is a very open culture and speaking to the management teams is very relaxed and easy going.
Pros
Relaxed working enviroment
Cons
Can be demanding at the end of each quarter
Being an International Exploration Company this meant considerable time away from home and for long periods, of up to 6 weeks. Although the job was very diverse and extremely interesting the industry lacks innovative and proactive planning with regards too; staff progression, company culture and management structure, which leads to poor overall organisation, poor spending decisions and human resources/staff moral. This is also company that relies on a stable Oil per barrel price and demand for new Oil and Gas finds world wide, leading to continued uncertainty as to your length of employment between contracts. Overall I enjoyed my time with Tesla, gaining a good level of experience, knowledge and expertise which I feel could contribute to my future success in many different roles and environments.
Pros
Travel and Salary
Cons
Continued periods away and lack of progression
Tesla is a true Californian Start Up and has got to where it is today by spinning at max RPM 24/7. It offers great career progression to its staff if you are willing and able to make the necessary personal sacrifices required. A typical working day is 16 hours for senior management or longer. The staff are fuelled on positivity and all focus on the goals set in a way that is simple astonishing to be a part of.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
unsustainable pace long term