Tesla

Tesla Work-life balance reviews

A typical day would consist of capturing fresh leads from customers who walk in in the showroom, as well as managing office time which is used to follow up on existing customers. We have to hit certain weekly KPI's. This job has taught me a lot about time management, how to interact with different people in order to reach a positive outcome (a sale). The culture is very young and dynamic, the oldest member of our team is 29. Hardest part of the job is maintaining motivation as there is not a huge deal of responsibility given to product specialists, therefore you have to regularly fight against boredom. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get when you have completely turned someones view of an electric car and persuade them to buy one. Also the cars are pretty awesome to drive!
Pros
Fantastic product, fun team, flat structure
Cons
long hours, poor work/life balance due to weekend hours, lack of progression
I've been to Tesla two times for the Model3 and ModelY installation of robot production lines and loved every minute of it,from empty floor space to a complete lines state of the art equipment to produce the finest electric cars
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Long Hours
I really enjoyed working for Tesla Make big mistake at work paid high price instant dismissal. No managerial back up or understanding of my circumstances.
Pros
Very decent work colleagues
Cons
Liberal Management structure
Good company, great benefits. One team, one dream! Can't fault Tesla, the teams are great and the management works hard to keep everything moving smoothly. Good mixture of work backgrounds makes for an interesting day at work, big personalities with lots to bring to the table.
No wonder we haven’t made a profit and have a high turnover of staff. Looking elsewhere as my face doesnt seem to ‘fit’ anymore and you have to be part of club and sacrifice your life..
Pros
Cons
Pay, managemtn
If your face does not fit you wont be there long. No development structure. No chance of promotion if you are not in the club. Be ready for long boring days talking about future products that do not exist.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Start of the shift
Having been employed for nearly three years it appears that my face no longer fits. Despite sacrificing home life for the last 3 years. Relocated to suit the company at the start of my employment as well. If you don't want a life outside of work then you'll be fine.
Cons
Been here 30+ years.they have kept me busy with work and had regular overtime.it is always expanding the company so that is good.health and safety is high on their list of objectives
great company with a great ethos, work life balance could be a bit challenging at times, but overall a great place to work and would recommed to anybody
Pros
great company with a great ethos.
Cons
amazing place to work. great people and company vision great leadership. Executed well and compensated teams very well. Great passion and energy
Cons
hyper growth
The schedule is fitted really well. Every day brings new challenges. Really nice and hard working team. Good place to work.
10 hour working days, 7 days a week. However projects are outdoor and not too intensive. Great working atmosphere, team work is a must.
Probably the most dynamic 10'000+ employee company in the world. I came in without any experience in the automotive industry but quickly learned the ropes and became a key figure in the companies European growth
Tesla is a true Californian Start Up and has got to where it is today by spinning at max RPM 24/7. It offers great career progression to its staff if you are willing and able to make the necessary personal sacrifices required. A typical working day is 16 hours for senior management or longer. The staff are fuelled on positivity and all focus on the goals set in a way that is simple astonishing to be a part of.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
unsustainable pace long term