Texas Instruments, Inc

Texas Instruments, Inc Employee Reviews

A fun friendly clean environment with a lot of production getting done. Was only a short term contract which came to an end so didn't get too experience much of it.
Texas Instruments has a lovely culture and structure that make it very enjoyable to work at. The work ethic and enthusiasm is admirable. One of the nicest companies I've ever worked at
Pros
Kind Culture
Cons
Travel
I loved working at this company. They cared about their employees and offered a great rate of pay. Unfortunately no longer a company within the UK within the UK which is a shame
Execution and supervision of finishing works, Material procurement, dealing with consultants, coordinating with sub-contractors, safety or works, getting permits to works etc.
A typical day at work was to review inventories and plan the production load. Daily liaison with far east assemby and test sites to ensure finished product was shipped back the UK on time to meet customer delivery dates. Learned much about the corporate world and the need to present clear and precise facts to enable management to make informed decisions. Some of my colleagues were friendly and provided the fun element to my 1st professional role. Hardest part of the job was calculating accurately the product loading and compensating for a 12 week production lead-time, shipping time and assembly / test against product failure at any stage of production or test. The enjoyable element was a core team of colleagues.
Pros
Profit sharing and private healthcare
Cons
Worked as an apprentice here, and the management was a joke, along with the job security. Throughout the maintenance department all of us were constantly wondering when the next pay offs would be. The work was not what you sign up for and get given tasks that are nothing to do with your role or remotely relevant. The pay throughout the 4 year apprenticeship got better but still below other competitive companies of the same scale. However a lot of the senior techs were payed well. Shifts aren't too bad if you can handle the 12 hour shifts as you get a lot of time off. due to the shift pattern. Overall during the apprenticeship i felt like i was being used as cheap labour and as soon as i was time served i was let go to save money as i would have to be paid more.
Pros
Shift pattern, flexitime
Cons
Badly run, like a dictatorship, no unions, uncertainty about job security
Opening premises and making bar areas ready for start of business. Serving customers restocking where necessary. Closing down and reconciling till at the end of shift. Securing premises by alarm on leaving building.
A typical 12 hours shift in my job involves treatment of valuable semiconductor wafers by putting them into a furnace at extremely high heat levels and transferring them on to next process this improved my ability to time manage and organize my work load well.
Pros
My colleagues were very helpful and friendly
Cons
it was long 12 hour shifts