Thales

Thales Employee Reviews

Innovative working culture with dexterity - healthy working environment. High standard Corporate and fast pace business environment and perfect place to build a career
Pros
Supportive
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed my time at Thales. I worked on cutting edge technology often difficult problem solving but embraced the challenge. The company seems to be very supportive.
Pros
Good package
Cons
difficult on site situations occasionally
High pressure environment. Poor management. Repetitive message from Hierarchy. Long hours. Red Tape. Too political. Low level of pay. Misleading messages from management.
benefits
Cons
poor management
I loved working for Thales, I would reccomend them as a great employer to work with. Good pay, nice working environment, good work/life balance and very professional company to work for.
Good company to work for. Fast paced and rewarding. Management good improve due to multiple managers demanding their work is prioritised. Fair pay and benefits.
Thales approached me after I successfully completed some contract work for them 9 years prior and I accepted the job offer immediately. It was a scary proposition to migrate from a permanent position back into contracting but the best decision I could have made ever. If I could work for Thales the rest of my life I would, unfortunately my contract has run its course and I can only but hope an opportunity with Thales will present itself in the near future again - hopefully I would not have to wait 9 years again.
Thales has been fast paced but highly motivating, productive and fun place to work at. It was very team orientated. Team building was constructive and a lot of fun.
Pros
Travel, Team collaboration
Cons
Progressive and pragmatic company, with high integrity values. I would recommend this company to anyone not frightened of a challenge. Lots of opportunities.
A very enjoyable place to work. and it has a good atmosphere. This role has helped me understand further, project related activities. The department although small, is a very hard working and team playing group.
Positive - Great workmates, a collaborative culture, fantastic work life balance with smart working as standard (1 - 2 days per week in the office!), good on site cafes, good training, interesting work and end products. Negative - Lack of career progression and many old school managers (who are gradually adjusting to the new world). Overall I loved the company, but needed to try and progress my career, so sadly I left.
I started as an apprentice and I am now fully qualified and working in a challenging and rewarding role. The interview process for apprentices is quite different to normal positions. I had a group debate, practical test, written task and a formal interview too.
Pros
Good work balance, challenging (in the good way) and varied
Cons
Thales are far too relaxed with some employees, it is off putting for those that actually work hard
Manager was really good. But found the role did not really align to the job description. Found my role was limited by systems restrictions. Such as no wi-fi which their internal IT could never get resolved. This also prevented encrypted emails from being sent. Both are a major requirement of the role and really added to the stress of the role. I left without a position to go to... shame as managment were nice
Everyone at Thales is positive ,helpful and supportive a really lovely place to work. The facilities are free car parking and on site staff restaurant , the food is very good
Good place to work, good working attitude, good colleges to work with. a typical day at work different challenges and work schedules. Hardest part of job was downtime when not so busy.
It is a good place to work if you are a permanent employee but not very good if you are a contractor. Job training is almost non existing for a contractor.
fast pace, lots of change meaning management constantly change want they want or expect from one month to the next. Weak process, cycle doesn't get the chance to mature before a major change. good team of co-workers.
A great company to work for, very interesting work to be involved in. Management are great, they allow a flexible work life. Gives me the opportunity to better my career
Having spent in excess of 10 years on and off with Thales Aerospace within the Obsolescence support department, I have always enjoyed myself at Thales. The people are those I can talk to, work with and solve whatever Obsolescence problems at hand. The type of work problems, teams rallied around whether UK or France. all rallied together
Diverse industry and opportunities to learn from expert colleagues. Good work life balance and expectations of role clearly outlined. Enjoyable place to work
I worked here for quite a while and found it difficult to be able to integrate. Teams are very closed off. Unless you’re in the managements back pocket they have no interest in you. There is very much a divide between the ranks and even more so with salary. If you get in a good team with a responsive manager great, but otherwise you need to have an attitude whereby you work to live and not live to work .
Thales is one of those companies that has way more managers than it needs, some of whom are promoted past the point of competency. A result of this is numerous meetings that seem to be called just so managers can hear each other talk and actually get in the way of getting the job done. I'm sure that this is because they have government contracts so the business of LOOKING busy is more important than actually getting on with the work. One thing they do well is hiring engineers/technicians etc - they are invariably well skilled and often have a wide range of experience. It should be noted however that the most successful teams are the ones that have formed out of necessity, the ones formed by management tend to be not so successful.
  1. Employee reviews