Thales

Thales Employee Reviews

United Kingdom231 reviews

Found 231 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,437 reviews

Unbiased review?

After spending 2+ years here, I have noticed a fairly relaxed working environment which on a rare occasion gets busy. The work is fairly easy, but can get monotonous after a while as you are working on the same kit day after day, variety isn’t exactly rife here. If you don’t fit into a specific ‘clique’, expect to face a fairly isolated day without praise when going out of your way to make managements lives easier. If you do fit in, expect great banter and time spent with the people on site. Those with disabilities beware; heavy sanctions put in place from the company’s occupational health department will degrade your morale and enthusiasm for the company, with no understanding, support or care from management.

Pros

Easy work, half day Friday

Cons

Poor treatment of those with disabilities, no gratitude for ‘favours’ in emergency from management to save face from the customer.

Good workplace colleagues and managers. Progression is weak.

Enjoyable atmosphere and the pay is decent when compared to working hours.Took several months before require pc equipment was supplied to me cursing lack of work for me to do.

Pros

Business casual Onsite canteens Good managers with experience and skills to match Good culture

Cons

Poor progression, Lack of knowledge by some colleagues, Poor communications from senior supervision, Lack of IT/Tech support

Excellent company if you lack ambition

Great company to work for day to day as colleagues and mid management are excellent. Senior management are awful and lack communication downwards. UK business always seems London biased with little or no contract seeking outside the M25. Bid team terrible but never punished for not winning work while others are being made redundant. Would I recommend any to work for them , Yes learn what you can and move on unless your happy sticking in your for the whole of your career.

Pros

Good benefits and decent salary

Cons

Anti social hours

Ok but

I like working at Thales, but unfortunately there are too many instances of people not being paid for the work they are doing or being demoted by the management team which is demoralising and makes me less inclined to stay.

Pros

Flexible location

Cons

Paid less for more work

Great company yo work with.

A well know international company with multicultural staff and a good reputation to work with. I have great experience working with my team and management.

Pros

Multicultural

Cons

Long hours.

Great company to work for supportive and rewarding

A first class employer giving good opportunity to everyone to further their career through training and support from others. I would advise anyone if they get an offer of a job, to take it.

Pros

Flexible location working.

Great team spirit

It is a really good place to work xery helpful friendly atmosphere can ask anybody for help and they are all happy to help shift work 6-2 2-10 eventually will go on 3 shifts

Pros

Free drinks machine

Cons

Agency work

Most of the people great to work with. Supportive and helpful, even the managers!

This would be a great place to work if it wasn't for one thing. The appalling benefits. Whenyou first join you will probably be on a good salary. After that your pay will never be more than 0 - 2%. If you are in enginering you will be given no chance for promotion (the only way) to get a raise. Soon even the grads will be earning more than you. Sort of place you join for a few years before moving on.There is a bonus scheme that the fiddle with the rules every year so they don't have to pay out. They make a big deal out if training but will give you none and blame it on you.The positives, nearly everyone is helpful and willing to share their experience and knowledge. Management will sometimes ask you to go the extra mile but only when needed.If you are a Software Engineer best to avoid, SW Engineers have no respect at this place and treated as disposable. Software often designed by those with no software knowledge but think they no better.On star purely for the pay, because it's so bas compared to industry average and management refuse to acknowledge the problem.

Pros

amount of annual leave

Cons

pay

Stressful, pressured and no job security

Stressful & demanding, demanding management and no job security as parts of the company are shipped abroad where it is cheaper to run than in the UK. Expectation of completing work even when not enough time to complete. Very little training as training budget slashed yet still expected to self train.

Cons

Expectation of long hours

Productive and busy

Innovative working culture with dexterity - healthy working environment. High standard Corporate and fast pace business environment and perfect place to build a career

Pros

Supportive

Cons

N/a

Potential

People make it the place you want to succeed, some poor performances that are not managed, systems and processes are cumbersome, and no support for any development of that as one person dictates what happens

Pros

People, success driven

Cons

Management of poor performance

Enjoyable Time with Thales

I enjoyed my time at Thales. I worked on cutting edge technology often difficult problem solving but embraced the challenge. The company seems to be very supportive.

Pros

Good package

Cons

difficult on site situations occasionally

Ok to start with

First month was great, busy and training as and when required.Stressful due to relocation of work and full time members of staff finding it difficult and taking multiple breaks.Leaving 2 of us to cover all the calls coming in.Sickness absense around this time was high and some people worked from home, so again calls taken by the same people, meaning our normal day to day duties are not completed in a timely manner.Management did not appear to appreciate this.Colleagues very nice.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Clicky

Loved working in fulfillment area for 12 years

I worked double days shift now I only work part time.Although I believe they do part time shifts now.Fast paced environment friendly people.would work there again.high security.

Pros

Good team work in fulfillment

Cons

Short break only 20mins

Red tape. Too political.

High pressure environment. Poor management. Repetitive message from Hierarchy. Long hours. Red Tape. Too political. Low level of pay. Misleading messages from management.

benefits

Cons

poor management

Excellent company to work for

I loved working for Thales, I would reccomend them as a great employer to work with. Good pay, nice working environment, good work/life balance and very professional company to work for.

Good

Good company to work for. Fast paced and rewarding. Management good improve due to multiple managers demanding their work is prioritised. Fair pay and benefits.

I cant say enough good things about working for Thales

Thales approached me after I successfully completed some contract work for them 9 years prior and I accepted the job offer immediately. It was a scary proposition to migrate from a permanent position back into contracting but the best decision I could have made ever. If I could work for Thales the rest of my life I would, unfortunately my contract has run its course and I can only but hope an opportunity with Thales will present itself in the near future again - hopefully I would not have to wait 9 years again.

Motivating, Productive, Team orientated and fun

Thales has been fast paced but highly motivating, productive and fun place to work at. It was very team orientated. Team building was constructive and a lot of fun.

Pros

Travel, Team collaboration

Progressive company

Progressive and pragmatic company, with high integrity values. I would recommend this company to anyone not frightened of a challenge. Lots of opportunities.

A productive, diverse and fun work place.

A very enjoyable place to work. and it has a good atmosphere. This role has helped me understand further, project related activities. The department although small, is a very hard working and team playing group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thales. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement