Thames Water Utilities Limited

Thames Water Utilities Limited Employee Reviews

At Thames, there was always room for progression. The daily challenges were hard work yet achievable. The hardest part of the job was getting departments to work and liaise with eachother at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with staff, hitting targets and visiting the general public.
Management looking after it's self no back up at allNo one wants to help each other Some shift.mangers are willing to help that are the ones with many years of service
Pros
Got a wage
Cons
Always on your own out if hours
Don't be fooled by the salary, Thames Water don't care about you as an employee. They prioritise unrealistic targets over the wellbeing of the employees who make them, and the customers. Training was all good, we were told to put the customer first no matter what, and take our time with their queries and investigate what you can... However, when we got onto the floor, we were basically told to hurry up the call, we were unable to take breathers between calls without it negatively impacting you someway. It got so stressful to the point I had more bad days than good, and got overwhelmed very easily as a result. Support network is a joke, they're only interested if your call is over 20 minutes, just to save their backsides figure-wise! Otherwise all we have from them is them saying "use the intranet", yet I thought their job was supposed to be helping us? Also we weren't trained in specific things and yet were expected to know absolutely everything! Also feels like theyre spying on you to the point you can't breathe! As someone with a learning disability, I found the support network shockingly barbaric. This the most pressurising and mental health draining job I've ever been in and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. No wonder there's such a high turnover! Don't be fooled by "putting the customer first", it's all a con!
Pros
Mon-Fri, break entitlements, free coffee, pay
Cons
Pressurising, damaging to mental health, lack of support, useless senior management who dont give a cr*p, everything else
Too many process that even management have no idea about at times or even pass on until things go wrong. Communication from management is extreemly poor. Nothing is consistent. Very target driven company. You are also monitored every second of the day by software.
Pros
They will accept most poeple
Cons
Little or no support. No praise or encouragement
Very well organised. Communications are regular. Collaborative meetings work and pleasure. Great culture to work in. Absolutely 5 star during Covid lockdown. Looked after everyone. Very caring and flexible. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company
For a big company they do not deliver they have to much pressure from the regulators. Departments don’t communicate with one another becomes frustrating. Management are bullies
Pros
People
Cons
Too much pressure
Worked there for 6 years. Management has always been p**s poor. They will stab you in the back in a heart beat. They want you to play buy the rules, but soon goes out the door as everything is always "favours", thats when they s**t on you and kick you out the door. Just make sure you read the policy's with a fine tooth comb!!
Staffs were helpful all the time, very professional, punctual and communicative Water industry they maintain the privacy of customer Prompt on replying the customers over phone or email The system they operated was on sap,ecr
This company displays many of the worst traits of the public sector in the 80's. There is a strong blame culture and nepotism is alive, well and thriving. Projects are approved without proper articulation of benefits, let alone a business case. And yet another business run by powerpoint. Way too many incompetent managers and not enough people involved in delivery. Toxic.
Productive and fun place to work. Wonderful work environment and building. Smart work colleagues. Very helpful. Flexible work environment. Real sense of team work.
Not applicable as i feel this is not necessary. Also the questionnaire seems searching and not particularly annonymous which makes me concerned for my responses
The company has changed over the last 18 months and is leaderless at board level. I'm sure it will change once a CEO is found and gives the company a steer.
Pros
very trusting
Cons
Leaderless.
The company has gone through some changes over the last 18 months and now feels like a totally different company to when I joined it is a good company to work for and supports its staff well.
Working on a client side as always integrated me as i can see the project from start to finish. Its an great experience it has given me an opportunity to work in all sorts of projects from low key to national disaster projects where you making the difference.
Good friendly working environment. Work lift balance was just right, plenty of extra earning opportunities. The only down side was the fact you often got covered in human waste.
I worked for this company for 6 years. The first three years were great, however I became seriously ill and was in hospital for a long time. When I returned my job which I’d worked so hard for was taken from me. I was passed pillar to post, and was isolated. I was sent to occupational health so many times as they tried to take me to a dismissal because I was under hospital care, that the nurse pointed out to them that she would report them if it continued. I had no option but to leave
Good company to work for, learn to fit mechanical pipes and other structures in a good friendly environment with skilled co-workers and normal hours of work
Pros
Good cantine
Cons
Normal hours
Thames Water is a company. Not interested in reviewing any company. What can I write to make you go away. I worked at TW. I had colleagues. There were stairs and chairs, lifts and desks. The coffee machine worked well.
Restructured every 6-9 months for the last 5 years...Quote from HR 'we cant get the changes done in the system before we are planning the next one' Lack of consistent direction. Multiple senior changes over the last 3 years, at least 3 of current exec are working out their notice.
I would imagine that starting at Thames Water is probably the single biggest mistake I have ever made. Looks great until you realise that they cannot hold on to people and excessive hours are required. The base wage is not what is promised and what you negotiate on interview is what you are stuck with + yearly company pay rise, there isn't any structure to go up incrementally within your grade unless you change jobs and if you are already at a higher Process grade you're knackered. Morale, overall, where I work is awful with very few willing to put any effort in.
Average , I have learnt things but not been offered any formal qualifications or training to better myself professionally. The pay in my department isn't great for the work and responsibility day to day but the people there (mostly) are lovely.