Thames Water Utilities Limited

Thames Water Utilities Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews

Fast paced

Fast paced constantly taking calls one after the other. Management think they are something special and there is a massive belittling and bullying culture. Obsessed with stats and targets

Fantasise and fair place to work. Great support. All of the managers are great. Plenty of room for progression. Always understanding around home life.

Insights into Thames Water Utilities Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Don’t do it

Worked in a few departments here. Supposed to have monthly one to ones and weekly coaching. Doesn’t happen. Inconsistent. Some managers care but others just care about ‘looking good’ to higher management. Specialists have always been great and the most caring towards agents but managers on the other hand just care about stats etc. working elsewhere has made me realise how underpaid I was for the work I was completing. If you want something long term- I do not recommend Thames 🥴

Fast paced but you get a lot of support

Working in the customer service team in billing is bound to present a fast paced everyday work environment with calls you take being timed and the quality of your calls being monitored which is great for personal growth if you want to progress within the business. The more you know about all aspects of troubleshooting customer’s enquiries regarding billing, the more at ease you’d feel about handling calls.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Processes can lack flexibility

Good friendly bunch

I’ve been bk here 7years wages are ok but could be better but has good work and life balance and there are. Good bunch of lads and girls working accross the board but it’s not for everyone but it’s a good job.to learn skills for a career

Clicky uncaring morale lacking company

Unfortunately had the displeasure of working for Thames for about a year. The targets and stats I had to hit weren’t an issue I found I did really well in that area. My QM’s on the other had were very up and down the QM check list seems as if it is made to make people fail you feel useless and less than when you don’t get a 90% or above and management only care about what you would look like on paper. There is clicks and the chance of progression is minimal to none unless you know the right person so applying yourself and learning stands for nothing. Lost someone in my family while working there and when taking some time to grieve I was constantly called by the company pressured to come into work as we were very busy ended il being forced to get signed of for only two days to simply be left alone before it affected my mental health. All In all the staff at level 8 are the best. Everyone else is selfish.

Overrated extreme pressure

Overrated extreme pressure management are very very clicky if you do not do what you asked when you’re asked there’s a problem regular drug tests lorries are all shared between night staff and a staff never have all the equipment you need

Great people and management

Great business where I gained so much good experience. Great people to work with and enjoyed every day. Worked my way through from Water Regulations Inspector to Technical Advisor to Field Operations Manager.

Very nice company

Enjoyed working there. Staffs and management helpful. Good work environment. Maintaining safety precautions. Good food in canteen Enjoyed every bit of my life there. No drastic pressure. Finish your work on time and you can enjoy your day. Good view while working. Environment friendly. Toilets are Clean.

Pros

Very cooperative

6 years and still here!

Friendly atmosphere, good mix of people to work with. Handled the Pandemic really well and switched to hybrid working for most roles since.Easy to progress your career with Thames if you have the right attitude. Communication throughout the business can be a problem due to how spread over the company is but it's improving each year.

Pros

Good Annual Leave policy, Remote working for most office based jobs, Friendly people, Nice office atmosphere, Fair pay (not the best but fair), Good stance towards Mental Health.

Cons

Parking isn't great (however not as much of an issue now), Fairly brutal sickness policy (4 occasions before trigger), Benefits package not always clear, Slow/unresponsive HR team.

Chaotic place

One day doing one job. Next another. Training is poor to non existent. Senior Managers say stats dont matter but then constantly ask you why not hit targets. Targets impossible to reach. Change mind daily. Workers very nice, friendly, clean. Offer to hybrid work. But beyond that moral was not good.

Pros

Clean office. Kitchen facilities. Coffee bar with sandwiches, hot food. Was canteen but not open as Covid. Might now be open

Cons

Middle of industrial estate, Hard to reach with no car, Very difficult with no training. Nobody seems to care if not trained but expect you do to your job, Changing jobs all time to roles never done, toxic management

Don't work here

Other review sum it up pretty well management are only in it for themselves don't really care about there team.Colleagues are what make the job but constantly being micro managed and toxic management make it horrible lasted 2 months and left Training was great then thrown onto your team and show completely different work and expected to know it without help

Pros

Colleagues pay

Cons

Shift patterns Management Training

it was okay not the best place to work at

pay isn’t great and boring better doing something else people were okay management is very poor and have favours there…vans dirty and smelly but was ok i guess

Pros

was fun ish

Cons

moneyb

Toxic culture. Management hasn't got a clue what they're doing,

It seemed like a good place to work at first until you realise how bad the Management is. The environment is toxic, everybody talks behind eachothers backs, the pay is not in line with other departments who do less work. Complaints and bullying get covered up, you also get treated to and spoken to ltke a child by some managers.q

Pros

Wfh, Easy job

Cons

Management, pay, stress

Not the job I applied for

Just don’t do it, you’ll regret it and there is a big issue with mental health and people being told the job is one thing and it is something completely different.

Worst place I've ever worked

Management have no idea about what the drivers need to do there jobs. Grown the transport site of the business without thinking if the jobs can be done in a safe manner and with the right equipment. Supervisor are under loads of stress with no help from Management.

Cons

Managers don’t for fill what thay

If your face don’t fit from the off don’t hang around you will be used big time and managers still taking back handers from contacters and if your lucky you mite get paid on time wages wrong every month so you wait for 2 months

Pros

Average van

Cons

The hole lot about the firm

Not an equal opportunity company in few words

Thames water is very proud in stating that it is an equal opportunity company, which is not true and you career progress is based on who you set next to. Personal development chances are very limited in spite of being really active to make a change.Don't recommend it if you have an ambition as Thames will definitely kills it.

Fun working

Management looking after it's self no back up at allNo one wants to help each other Some shift.mangers are willing to help that are the ones with many years of service

Pros

Got a wage

Cons

Always on your own out if hours

Steer clear

Don't be fooled by the salary, Thames Water don't care about you as an employee. They prioritise unrealistic targets over the wellbeing of the employees who make them, and the customers. Training was all good, we were told to put the customer first no matter what, and take our time with their queries and investigate what you can... However, when we got onto the floor, we were basically told to hurry up the call, we were unable to take breathers between calls without it negatively impacting you someway. It got so stressful to the point I had more bad days than good, and got overwhelmed very easily as a result. Support network is a joke, they're only interested if your call is over 20 minutes, just to save their backsides figure-wise! Otherwise all we have from them is them saying "use the intranet", yet I thought their job was supposed to be helping us? Also we weren't trained in specific things and yet were expected to know absolutely everything! Also feels like theyre spying on you to the point you can't breathe! As someone with a learning disability, I found the support network shockingly barbaric. This the most pressurising and mental health draining job I've ever been in and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. No wonder there's such a high turnover! Don't be fooled by "putting the customer first", it's all a con!

Pros

Mon-Fri, break entitlements, free coffee, pay

Cons

Pressurising, damaging to mental health, lack of support, useless senior management who dont give a cr*p, everything else

A very disjointed company that needs a radical shake up.

Too many process that even management have no idea about at times or even pass on until things go wrong. Communication from management is extreemly poor. Nothing is consistent. Very target driven company. You are also monitored every second of the day by software.

Pros

They will accept most poeple

Cons

Little or no support. No praise or encouragement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thames Water Utilities Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Thames Water Utilities Limited with

• Thames Water Utilities Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?