The AA

The AA Employee Reviews

Hard work strange shift patterns not the same job any more great new kit to use latest technologies good trainers and knowledge tobe learnt jobs ok if your single or divorced
Pros
Cons
Dont know
22 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re glad there were some aspects of the role that were positive for you. We take your comments on board and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
Overworked and underpaid, many changes were made since I started working for this company they even forced us into a new contract which the union could not do anything about and worked out to be less money than what I started off on. Company does not consider employees work/life balance 11-12hr shifts with a 40 minute over finish time rule which you can’t avoid some days I was working 13 hours when scheduled to work 11 hours due to the 40 minute rule and getting stuck on your last job. Shift patterns were messed around multiple times which is not good for your sleeping pattern and it will take its toll on you physically and mentally. Staff were not treated fairly and our opinions never really mattered, the company does a good job of promoting the job to make it seem great but you are in for a trap. Worked here for two years and very glad that I’m making the decision to leave feel a lot less stressed out since making this decision. Be careful.
Pros
No good factors about this job
Cons
Long hours no work life balance over worked and underpaid
Poor management and training. New job role for myself i had worked in retail 12years and changed to something new. Home work was alot harder learning in training no extra support or help expected to know everything within 3 weeks. Knocked my confidence with my speech and speaking over the calls it was never what you did correct always what was wrong. Not allowed to have conversations with customers apart from 19page guide had to leave with my anxiety and lack of support after asking for extra training felt as if i wasnt allowed anymore help then i was giving. Need to be tough as customers can be awful and no training how to manage dealing with this
Pros
Can work home for covid
Cons
Long shifts no 9-5, long shifts full week 12-8
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a good time with us. We make a lot of effort to make sure our training is of a high standard, so thank you for bringing this situation to our attention, this is something we can look in to. We’d also like to thank you for your time at the AA.
Wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to deal with the new management structure. They say one thing and do another. Scolded for making the right decisions given the specific situation your faced with.
Pros
Can earn slot of money
Cons
You have to live in the van make the money
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience with us. We like to encourage our colleagues to do the right thing by our customers, so this isn’t reflective of our training. Thank you for bringing this t our attention, we are listening to your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Management poorly run, and everything they say is contradictory, offered me extra training but then penalised me for having extra training, the manager went through the same training I did at the same time and didn’t have a clue how to run anything properly and chose to pick on my for everything I did even though I was following why he told me to do
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management, hours, most coworkers the job in general
3 March 2021
We’re very sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience with us. We want our colleagues to feel supported in their development and to be treated fairly, so this is disappointing to hear. We’re taking the time to listen to feedback like this in order to reflect on ways we can improve. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your time at the AA.
No company backup believe members before employees,most of the time we were a truck down would have to wait for up to 3 hrs in depot with no facilities until a truck became available,pl showed favouritism and would not get involved in stamping out the atmosphere from other drivers,
Pros
More time at home
Cons
Stupid weekend start time
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear that this was your experience. We believe in treating our colleagues and customers fairly, so this does not reflect our values. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your time at the AA.
Well recommend the job nothing difficult in any day to day working nice new van everything you could ever ask for. Paid training they pay for everything witch is good they definitely look after you unlike other companies
Pros
Pay, van, uniform everything
22 January 2021
It’s great to hear you’re having a good time working with us. We’re very proud of the training and support we offer, so we’re very pleased that it’s been reflected in your experience. Thank you for leaving us a review.
I left the AA after 4 years, no work /life balance, always late home, having to put standby on rest days. Unachievable targets set, managers are awful and give no help or respect to their staff. Wouldn't tell my worst enemy to apply. Don't bother it will only stress you out and wear you down.
Pros
Your van is on your drive
Cons
Long hours, no respect from managers, no one listens
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. Work/life balance is an important issue and treating our colleagues with respect is ingrained in our values, so it’s disappointing that your time at the AA didn’t reflect this. We’re currently taking the time to listen to our colleagues, past and present, in order to learn and improve. Thank you for your review and thank you for your time at the AA, we genuinely appreciate it.
No regard for employees work life balance. Shift system disgraceful. It's the AA way or no way. 3 days on 2 days off then 3 nights on. Unable to function with regards to sleep pattern.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Disgraceful shift system
3 March 2021
We’re very sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience with us. Work-life balance can be a difficult issue, and one we take very seriously. The wellbeing and safety of our colleagues is important to us, so we’re taking the time to listen to your comments and take them on board.Finally, thank you for your service with the AA, we genuinely appreciate it.
The AA is a great workplace, the management try their hardest to balance staff needs and business needs. You have to remember that this is a call centre so can be very busy at times, and being able to work under pressure is a must, along with the ability to talk to people from all walks of life.
Pros
Good wage, work life balance, onsite canteen
Cons
Busy, target driven
11 November 2020
It's great to hear you're having such a good time with us. We hope you continue to have a happy career with The AA. Thank you for your review.
Be warned tacho infringements strictly actioned strictest company I’ve ever worked for don’t get involved in the politics and u been fine try carry out all online training in work time not your own
Pros
Good pay left to get on with job
Cons
Long hours weekends bank holidays tacho policy
Your imed on your personal breaks and can be taken into a 10 minute meeting because you were 1 minute late off your break, also you spend your whole day lying to customers about them getting a call back in 72hrs but they won't
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear this. This is not the kind of treatment the AA condones of its colleagues or customers. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, we will look into this. We genuinely appreciate your time with the AA. If any current colleagues experience anything like this, please feel free to address it with your line manager or contact HR at hr.operations@theaa.com.
I joined the AA as a recovery driver with lots of recovery experience. I quickly learned that the AA had recently suffered a mass exodus of experienced recovery drivers as they had attempted to change the contracts. The recovery staff are very inexperienced with maybe one or two experienced staff per depot, that means you are more than likely going to be rescued by someone who has no idea what he is doing and is a danger to you, himself and other road users. I have worked at 3 other recovery companies and the AA are by far the worst company for trained staff and I hate to say that they are going to hurt someone seriously if this continues....
Pros
good pay and equipment
Cons
Poorly trained staff and very poor management
3 March 2021
We’re sorry to hear that it wasn’t a good experience for you. Our training team is committed to making sure our colleagues can thrive in their role and be prepared for whatever they may come up against. However, we’re taking the time to listen and take feedback like this on board. Thank you for your review and for your time at the AA.
Look up the phrase bad manager and you get the AA. They dont have a notion what is going on and are 2 faced. Typical brit office attitude. Only good thing free membership after 2 years
Pros
free tea coffee
2 October 2020
We're sorry to hear you've had this experience with us. We're taking the time to listen to feedback like this in order to inform our decisions. We hope you start to see an improvement soon.
It’s almost as if they can’t wait to discipline you to sack you very very petty about rules everything is an infringement like starting your vehicle check 30s to early no split breaks allowed roster u 9hrs 45min then keep you for upto 12
12 November 2020
We're sorry to hear you've had this experience with us, the wellbeing of our colleagues is incredibly important to us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we genuinely do appreciate the time you’ve spent working here at the AA. If any current colleagues have any specific issues or complaints, please feel free to contact HR at hr.operations@theaa.com.
Management stick together with union members to cover up incidents and are a bunch of RACIST bullies "walked in on first interview and heard managers saying they should send people back on bannana boats ?
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management have no clue
3 March 2021
We’re very sorry to hear this has happened to you. We take accusations of bullying and discrimination extremely seriously and the events described go against the values that the AA strives to uphold. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will investigate this. If any current colleagues have experienced anything like this, please feel free to contact HR in confidence at hr.operations@theaa.com.
First training group unaware of work conduct. On floor computer pranking. Patrols were agreeable and the job itself good. Needs management supervision 24/7.
Pros
Out of hours bonus
Cons
Shifts 24/7 till 2am when position advertised as Insurance till 8pm
2 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We’re very sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with us. We take our reviews very seriously as we want to be a great place to work for everyone, temporary or otherwise. If any current colleagues have any similar issues or complaints, please feel free to contact HR at hr.operations@theaa.com.
The job itself was fairly easy. Attending venues within 1hrs travel time. Set up stand and thenm pitch and sell AA Membership to members of the public
Pros
Free Breakdown cover
Cons
You might be at an outside venue in bad weather
4 September 2020
Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed much of your work at the AA, but we take your comments on board and are taking the time to listen to feedback.
I can honestly say the management at the AA of all staff members is as though you are a Costa coffee cup 100% disposable and not worth the seat you’re sat on. As a driver I feel the targets the office staff are pressured on but have to refuse a lot of requests because if I go over my driving hours or slip up I’m gone. I’m currently attending interviews to leave this company and I strongly suggest you don’t accept a job working in an AA uniform. It’s really not worth the average pay or the constant harassment even on your break from the office.
Pros
Not anything I can think of
Cons
Pretty much every day you work here
4 September 2020
We’re sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We take accusations of harassment like these very seriously.We recommend contacting your line manager in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact HR in confidence to discuss this.
Best place I’ve ever worked at, lovely culture within the company, room for progression and always been supported by all members of staff. Honestly I would recommend anyone to work here
Pros
Cons
Big building
4 September 2020
Great to hear you had such a good time working with us. Thank you for your review and your time with the AA.
Loved the job but was made redundant to save money for the shareholders (allegedly) they called it restructuring !! Long hours and had to put up with members moaning because they were lied to by under presure office staff as the road resources were cut less drivers more breakdowns relying on private garages some not up to the supposed aa standard to save their blushes .... shift patterns were all about aa not staff
Pros
Wages were good but had to work long hours for it
Cons
Hierarchy only in it for themselves not interested in others
22 September 2020
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Sadly, redundancies are often unavoidable, but we’re truly grateful for your time at the AA. We're taking the time to listen to comments - thank you for your review.
  1. Employee reviews