The Abbeyfield Society

The Abbeyfield Society Employee Reviews

Lovely clean well maintained work environment. Regular training and updates. The Manager is real nice , but you don't see much of her which is a shame .
Pros
Good pay, nice clean building, Set shifts
Cons
Lots of staff related and been there ages, so hard to fit in and be part of a team. Lots of staff arguements and lots of favouritism.
If I could give 0 stars I would, avoid this company at all costs! Management are compulsive liars and lazy! Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. No support given, no right training given, long hours.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Worked over 20 years for Abbeyfield, it’s amazing felt part of the team, Management supported their staff though highs and lows, There is no other home like ours. Yes all down to staff and management that made it such a happy place for both staff and residents
Pros
long service holiday
14 January 2021
Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic review and thank you for your 20 years of service to Abbeyfield.
Do not work for this company.The management have no idea. They continually phone out of working hours to cover shifts.Weekly rota never done.Constantly" penny pinching".The manager that was employed recently was incompetent. Disregarded staff saftey around Covid19 Bringing Agency staff to cover shifts despite the Agency staff member working in a different higher tier restriction. No testing for staff or residents.Wages were constantly incorrect.PLEASE STAY AWAY from ABBEYFIELD.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent Management.
8 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave Abbeyfield a review, we appreciate your feedback. If you would like to raise this as a formal complaint via our Complaints Policy, please email complaints@abbeyfield.com.
Lovely friendly home, great team work. Good atmosphere. Good shift pattern. Good communication.Feel valued. Lovely management. Good morale. Family feel.
1 February 2021
Thank you for your 5 star review. It's wonderful to read the list of things you enjoy most about working at Abbeyfield.
The Abbeyfield Society is a fun, friendly and encouraging organisation with lots of potential to develop. In my experience, management have been supportive, encouraging and great leaders.
Pros
Good annual leave, free coffee from a machine, fun and friendly colleagues
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear how much you're enjoying your role at Abbeyfield - it's great to have you onboard.
Great staff with lots of laughter to keep a smile on residents face, excellent team work . Communication is key and kept at top level. Great place to work .
Pros
Pension, flexible hours, great team
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Abbeyfield. We agree, seeing the residents smile is one of the best parts of the job.
Can be a fast day and always something happening days spent doing medication calls to families and doctors . Staff have been there long time and can’t accept change but like most care homes under staffed
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Changes every week
8 February 2021
Workload is horrendous. You have to do hours of unpaid overtime to keep on top of things. Pay is terrible for the amount of work you have to do. Management is unsupportive.
Pros
Making the residents happy.
Cons
Dreadful management, long hours ( upaid overtime), terrible pay.
8 February 2021
If you want to get paid for the work you do and want to pay your bills, don't work here. They don't like to pay you management team are a massive joke! People owed money left right and centre.Good hourly rate but you definitely work for it!
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Don't pay you
8 February 2021
North weald was a awful place to work they all gang up on you, fighting staff members nasty to residents say no more. Please be careful when joining Abbeyfield but avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
Awful atmosphere
8 February 2021
The people make the work wonderful. Everyone in all the teams are supportive of their clients and also each other. Standards are excellent and staff really care about their clients, their work and the well-being of clients and staff alike. Management is first class. An excellent place to work.
Pros
Caring, friendly, lovely, ethical staff team.
Cons
Pay is not great, but that is the care sector in general
1 February 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad to read of the support you were given whilst working at Abbeyfield. We will pass on your comments to the relevant teams.
The residents are treated extremely well and are the number one priority. The home i work in is so clean and very well run. My manager is amazing and the staff are professional and easy to get along with.
Pros
A good company to work for.
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Abbeyfield. It's great to read how much you enjoy your role and working with the rest of the team.
I loved working at my retirement home, the residents where great. My manger was fantastic. Would happily work with in abbeyfield again. My home was one of the many that closed that's why I'm not with them anymore.
Pros
You get to work with great people
Cons
None in less they close the house.
8 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Abbeyfield. We appreciate your comments and feedback.
A fantastic charity But power crazy administrator in Gloucestershire who as no regard for residents Feelings or wishes. Completely blanks them when she does turn up at a house. Staff are shrieked at and treated with complete disrespect. The committee are a trembling mess
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Mrs Browning
8 February 2021
Abbeyfield is a nice place to work especially when you have a duty of care looking after the older generation , talking to them and giving them guidance if required, enjoying afternoon activities was the highlight of the job as all the residents came together and enjoyed each other's company meals are cooked fresh every day and dietary needs taken care of ,overall very nice job
Pros
Excellent place to work
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We also thank you for the time you spent with us at Abbeyfield caring for our residents.
brilliant place to work residents are fab staff are amazing everyone is so friendly and warm currently off sick but miss working at Abbeyfield with the residents and staff
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled to read how enjoyable you find your role.
I worked in the kitchen in Kettering the company is ok but not the Manager she has no idea how to handle the covid 19 she lies big time on more then to occasion she send me to buy milk and bread as we ran out then she denied sending me shopping warning me that I have to go to work and strait home was not allowed to go nowhere really boris is not saying that watch here big time.!
well, personally I not recommend this company is underhanded and not secure for your family. Also, the head office is unsupportive with the staff they just promising everything and you get nothing
I loved working at Abbeyfield was there for neally 4 yrs took an early retirement but I do miss working there miss the residents and staff the residents are highly care for and the care is excellent the bedroom are highly decorated and the home is very clean
1 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your comments and wish you well in retirement.
Great place to work fab management and very well led all stick together but that's down to a great manager .we like one big family . enjoy going to work not many people can say that
1 February 2021
Thank you for leaving us a five star review. We're thrilled to read your comments!