The Agincare Group

The Agincare Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom497 reviews

Insights into The Agincare Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun and enjoyful work place

Featured review

The Agincare Group selected this as a representative review
I applied for this job through indeed and within 2 days of applying I was offered an interview. I had my interview and was offered the job and started training a few days after. I have been doing this job for nearly a month now and it’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever done! The staff are brilliant and the management team are amazing! They are so understanding and they always make sure we are happy with our hours. I’ve never enjoyed a job as much as I have with this one! It’s one of the most rewarding jobs you could ever do!

Pros

Flexible shifts, flexible hours, good pay, understanding management, supportive team

Don't work for them!

I was in placement for a total of 19 days, during which: I was left for 12 days without appropriate supervision; was woken up between 6-10 every night by the client requiring the toilet as I had to ensure their safety as per the care plan; working to a badly inaccurate care plan. After leaving the placement exhausted and very carefully and relatively slowly driving a long way home. I refused to have any further connection with the company due to their failure in their Duty of Care to both the Client and myself.

A career with a sense of purpose

Agincare offers something uniquely different from any other previous career opportunity that I've had. Helping vulnerable people access care and support provides a heartfelt feeling of satisfaction, that can only be described as doing something truly meaningful. The company has invested in me by providing continuous professional development and regular mentoring by working alongside senior experts within the care industry. The workplace culture rewards hard work, dedication and passion for those that share the company values.

Pros

Great Team, opportunity to progress, competitive salary.

Cons

Lacking windows and natural light

10 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you are enjoying your role and having the added bonus of being able to help people in need. Thank you for all your hard work.

Poor induction

Staff very unwelcoming. Manager very unprofessional. Very poor induction Very disappointing after promising interview Pay is fair and reasonable.Hours are ideal

Pros

Pay and hours

5 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have a thorough induction and training process in place that we consistently review to ensure we provide the best possible experience for new team members. We would be grateful if you would contact our HR department at hr@agincare.com or please call 01305 825417 for us to discuss this in more detail.

Stressful

20 jobs rolled into one for a poxy wage! Zero work life balance. Advertised as Mon to Frid 9-5 but requires weekend and evening work. Unprofessional service that employ anyone to care for vulnerable adults.

Pros

None.

Cons

Unorganised Unprofessional Long hours Poor management Stressful Incompetent care staff

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback very seriously and will investigate this further. We would be most grateful if you would discuss this with our HR department at hr@agincare.com or please call 01305 825417

Well supportive and good manager

Manager is well supportive to staff and good at her role, hours are flexible and work around your home life. Staff are welcoming and the atmosphere is always happy and inviting. Lots of care and compassion from staff towards residents. Training always available and manager always happy to arrange more if you are interested in learning more.Senior staff are always willing to help and show you as well.

14 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased to hear you are enjoying your role and feel supported.

Effective and kind team, good management

The place where I work is demanding but thanks to our colleagues we have a lot of fun and make a good team. Everyone is friendly and smiling, which has a positive effect on the residents. I have been working for a company for several years. Over the years, I have gained a lot of experience, and thanks to the management's support, I have received a lot of training and courses. The management always adjusts working hours to the employee's needs. I highly recommend the company.

14 April 2022
Thank you for all your hard work over the years and for taking the time to leave a review.

Excellent job

Amazing staff and management amazing place to work I was a night carer and was given hours every week to work around myself and my family also have on site staff sleeping quarters for those working split shifts

27 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All your hard work has been very much appreciated.

Productive and fun workplace

A Very Rewarding job , I had never worked in this environment before untill now, and I am really enjoying it, everyone is friendly and we all work as a team

28 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the role.

Overworked

Due to low staff management tend to squeeze as much on u as possible even if the time frame given to do it is impossible to achieve. Your also expected to have data and use their programme on your phone which can be difficult to navigate and not even accessible when u lose signal.

Fast paced but great to work with the vulnerable people who really appreciate you.

If we had more carers then our rotas would be better and we would have more travel time. The office staff do there best to support us. We often do not have enough travel time and are then given extra calls so we have to rush a little.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Long hours.

18 February 2022
Thank you for all your hard work and for taking the time to leave a review. The recruitment crisis across the whole health and social care sector has certainly been a significant challenge. We have recently launched our new candidate journey to attract more people, provide paid training and a welcome bonus. For our current teams we have created the Agincare People Programme that includes rewards and recognition schemes, professional development opportunities and much more.

Dedication, hard work, mutual respect and collaboration make you become a better person while being a member of Agincare Team

Working as a live in carer is not an easy thing to do. You have to deal with lots of people with various backgrounds and needs. But before you get started, you receive all the training and support needed to become a responsible carer who will change your service user’s life for the best. But you cannot do that, all alone. Agincare Group staff are with you wherever you are. Starting from the administration department, to your coordinator and area managers you have lots of support, understanding, consideration and respect whenever you need help.My coming from a different country, with a different mentality and culture has never been an obstacle in this agency. You are who you are, and you can become the person you want to be,with lots of extra training and job offers to improve yourself in the most efficient way. There is lots of communication via emails or phone calls about everything you need to know, not only about your work but also about any changes that apply out of work( e.g.COVID rules changes and how to be protected and protect the others).All in all, I would recommend Agincare to anyone who would like to join a well organized, multicultural working environment, who will support you in every step you take in this highly rewarding area of live in care.

Pros

Excellent communication and backup, help and support, Salaries on time, Everything is written clearly and explained thoroughly before you start work, Lots of extra training when needed, They care about you when you need someone to get help or advice, 24 /7

Cons

The nature of the job is hard with long hours, but you know it before you decide to become a live in carer.

10 February 2022
Thank you so much for leaving a review and for all your hard work. We really appreciate your kind words.

productive and caring work environment

i am enjoying the job, all staff are helpful and friendly. if i have a problem, they are easy to approach. management are helpfull.sometimes hours can be long, however management are helpfull and shifts can be shortened to 6 hours rather than 12

Pros

helpfull staff

10 February 2022
Thank you for your review and for all your hard work. We are pleased you feel supported and comfortable to approach any of the management team.

Welcoming company and great place to work

I have worked for Agincare for almost a year now and it has been a great place to work. Management is friendly and we all work as a team, creating a great working environment. The job is extremely rewarding and the business encourages and supports career development.

Pros

Career development Free parking Rewarding career

10 February 2022
Thank you for your review and for all your hard work in your first year with us. If you wish to discuss career or personal development further please do get in touch with our training company Training Now as they have a variety of courses and apprenticeships on offer.

A well serious work environment

I am grateful to the staff and management to Agincare Group for giving me the opportunity to work in a trustful environment, to be trained and to achieve an NVQ LEVEL 2 with their recomandation !

Pros

The opportunity to improve skills, learn and achieve qualification

Cons

A full of ego and bullying coordinator

10 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback very seriously and bullying behaviour is not acceptable within our organisation. We would be most grateful if you would discuss this further with our HR department at hr@agincare.com or please call 01305 825417. Congratulations on your NVQ Level 2 achievement.

Friendly environment and a great place to work!

Always feel part of a team and we all work together well. Communication is good. If you have any problems or concerns management is always supportive. Every day is different and I find the job extremely rewarding.

Pros

Free uniforms, free lunches, on sight parking is free. career development.

18 February 2022
Thank you for you hard work and for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear you feel supported and part of the team

long time here!

I have worked for this Home for many years and when Agincare took over it did change but it is still a good place to work. We do so much for our residents and they are the heart of our Home.

Pros

Free lunch, homely feel, good team work, support from manager.

Cons

recruitment struggles due to location

18 February 2022
Thank you for all your hard work over the years. We are pleased to hear the residents are benefiting from a fantastic team of people. Tilford is such a lovely home.

Fairly decent company to work for

Fairly decent company to work for, zero hours contract not great, flexible hours good but no guarantee of getting those hours, carers and clients great to work with

18 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is much appreciated. As an organisation we are reviewing all contracts, roles and positions as part of the Agincare People Programme to ensure we provide the best possible working experience.

Standard care company. Poor quality office staff, not enough carers

The branch is very badly managed, high turnover of carers. Office staff unwilling to take accountability, carers are expected to attend unpaid training and staff meetings. Office manager out doing care calls. Back to back calls, unpaid travel time.

Cons

Poor pay

31 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and treat it very seriously and therefore we would be grateful if you would contact our HR department hr@agincare.com or please call 01305 825417 to discuss this in more detail.

No support is given to carers on placement. When it's payday wages are not clearly explained and most of the time underpaid.

Transport to placement comes from carers wages that are not even enough. It's like volunteering in a charity shop. Its like being thrown in a deep end

Pros

Nothing for free there. Nothing to look up for.

Cons

There is honesty and transparency in those offices of coordinators and field supervisors.

31 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are truly sorry that you feel this way. We have recently reviewed our onboarding process and now provide additional paid training for new team members and creating further training and apprenticeship opportunities for our current workforce.

Underpaid, overworked and no regard for personal safety

You will not be paid for any travel time, meaning you can work a 14 hour shift but only get paid for approx 7 hours. They do not care about personal safety and will send you to dangerous calls on your own, and will overwork you to the point of exhaustion. Do not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Agincare Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement