The Avenues Trust Group

The Avenues Trust Group Employee Reviews

The majority of workers are caring and want to improve peoples lives. Unfortunately, senior management have an "us and them" attitude which is demoralising for hard working employees, creates a toxic atmosphere and turns a difficult but rewarding job into an intolerable situation.
Avoid avenues if you can. Managers have no respect for staff. If your face don't fit they will do everything in their path to bully you out. There is no equal opportunity what so ever. Staff moral is so low the staff turn over is so high. No breaks on shift at all. No support from management or higher and will talk to you like dirt on a regular basis. Some staff will victimise you to the point till you have to leave. There's so much more to tell but I would not recommend it.
Pros
Leaving the company.
Cons
Low wage, disrespectful management, bullying in the workplace. List goes on.
27 April 2021
We are very sad to read your description of working at Avenues. There is a very clear grievance process to support employees, and we have a zero tolerance approach to bullying in any form. As an ex-employee you can use the whistleblowing policy which is detailed on our website here https://www.avenuesgroup.org.uk/contact-us/ and we will be keen to hear about what happened in more detail so we can decide on appropriate action. Regarding employee turnover, the sector as a whole faces challenges in retaining employees, largely due to the funding we receive and its consequence for pay. We work hard to offer the best terms and conditions we can for people, and currently have a turnover rate of 23%, compared to the sector average of 30% . However we are concerned about your own experience and would welcome a conversation about your experience of working with us, formally or informally. You can do this through the link given above.
My experience with Avenues has been extremely positive, everybody is very supportive and friendly, induction is very thorough. Everyone is focussed on providing best service possible. Working in a central support function there is much collaboration and great communication. Ensuring that our homes and the people we support are at the centre of everything we do. During these difficult times (COVID), peoples wellbeing is a key objective.
Pros
Excellent team work
Avenues is such a wonderful place to work in - from a community collaborative aspect to the resilience of the people who keep the wheel turning . I am a L&D Partner and I constantly engaging with people across the business which has supported my knowledge and understanding of Avenues. As part of the Social and Health Care sector Avenues promote a person centered approach in all they do with the people we support but also with the employees . Avenues is not without its challenges which every organisation has however there is a an acceptance of change which is great to see - working with people to be better and grow as an Organisation is a fantastic place to be with such warm and caring people.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Salary
Depending on the service and the service manager, some just don't know what they are doing, while some are very good at their jobs. Not good experience with management staffs lately. They are biased and causing havoc among the staff. biased and causes
Pros
More advantage when permanent
Cons
No weekend and bank holiday enhancement for permanent staff.
Management is excellent, positive culture of collaboration and heavy emphasis on good practice which enhances reputation. A typical day would be handover to ascertain any positive or negative developments. An update of the daily activities board to see what the client fancies doing. Check on client personal care, food requirements with cooking and shopping, any positives that the client has experienced
This is my 1st job in the care sector and I was welcomed with open arms. I work with an amazing team of people who I can honestly call my friends now I have two amazing managers who look after me and the hole team it's hard work but very rewarding a good company to work for with the flexible needs that you may require
I have worked at Avenues Trust group for a year now and I have gained more experience in dealing with more challenging behaviours using PBS, Challenging avoidance schemes. Also, I have done some trainings in active support, using of Sign language and manual handlings exercises.
31 January 2020
Thank you very much for your positive review and we are very pleased to hear how much you have achieved in your first year with Avenues. It is great having you as part of our teams.
Overseeing the smooth running of the dept. I learned how to live a job under pressure. The management was great, firm but fair. We all had great respect for all levels of employee. The hardest part was line managing and the hour commute. The people and the challenge.
13 November 2019
Thank you very much for your positive review and it is great to hear that you loved working for Avenues Group. We wish you all the best in your new adventures.
Great company,really feel part of the team.Great management and on going support.So rewarding helping and supporting these wonderful service users. I absolutely love my job, however as a charity the money is low and needs to improve greatly..
31 January 2020
Thank you so much for your positive review and it is great to hear that you love your job which means a lot to us as an organisation. We are constantly looking into making improvements including better pay for our staff so hopefully this will be something we will be able to improve in the very near future.Great to have you as part of our teams!
Jobs at The Avenues Trust Group
See more jobs
Great place to work, good training, supportive and flexible working staff and hours. Lots of opportunities to develop and grow. Diverse working opportunities.
31 January 2020
Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It is good to hear that we are able to provide good opportunities and a good work enviornment. This means a lot to us as an organisation.Great to have you as part of our teams!
Company provides good quality training but you have to travel for it. Deplorable pay , long hours , trying to get you to do above and beyond with no recognition from the managers. Overtime pay is a joke and no bank holiday enhancement. No real career progression as system is corrupt. AVOID AT ALL COSTS IF POSSIBLE !
I can't fault the company, they are flexible and always ready to help all their staff, one of the benefits is the trainings, and also the ability to change career with or without experience.
Pros
Free travels picnic and more
Cons
Long Hours
When i first started it was an enjoyable place to work. But lately it has gone down hill drastically. There's a lot expected from a small staff. The ethos is on profits. There's no career progression. There's talk about changing contracts to work an extra 8 hrs a month for the same pay. Stopping weekend enhancements. And i also preferred it before it became supported living. Basically the GOOD has been sucked out of this job. And a person is not treat as an individual but as a employee number.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
More work less pay
An organisation that delivered what is actually stated. Very person centred and loyal to its staff members. Good training and flexible working conditions. Would benefit from reviewing their pay structure.
Pros
Supportive and flexible working conditions.
Cons
Pay not in line with competitors
Avenues its an exciting and productive place to work for. It increase your level of knowledge with regard to diversity, and it enables you to meet and come across people from all works, background, ethnicity and works of life..
I used to work there many years ago, it was lovely back then I do not know how it is now. The payment was always accurate and met lovely people. The service users were great and you could take on extra shifts if you wanted. If I could go back in time I should have never leave that place but I had to due to personal reasons.
Pros
job secuity, people, great staff, good management back then
Cons
I did not like the fact that employees formed groups based on their ethnicity.
17 October 2019
Thank you very much for leaving this positive review for us. It is great to hear that you had a good time whilst working for us. It means a lot to us knowing you were in good hands and have had this great experience. We do hope that nothing has changed and that any current employee feels the same way you did. If your situation will ever change in the near future please do get in touch! We wish you all the best for now.
Working with young people with learning difficulties and mental health issues. I have learnt to be more patient and about how mental health issues affect people on a day to day basis and how they deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and seeing the difference you make in their life. The hardest part of the job is you emotionally going through there problems with them.
Really welcoming company with excellent training facilities and internal progression opportunities. would recommend this organisation to anyone looking to change career.
17 August 2018
Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.
No respect to the employee, management do whatever they want without telling the staff! Low morale! Discrimination is going around. If you are Asian they discriminate you.. Punish you if you complain..
Pros
All staff is stress and leaving
Cons
Not a person centered place it manager centered place
20 June 2018
Thank you for your response, we appreciate your feedback. - We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate.- One of our core values as a company is Respect and we take this very seriously.Your feedback and concern will be presented to the appropriate persons.