THE BERKELEY HOTEL

THE BERKELEY HOTEL Employee Reviews

Friendly and helpful colleagues

I found the Berkeley Hotel was a great place and company to work for as soon as I walked into the Hotel, my colleagues were very friendly and also very helpful with any problems that I encountered and were always happy and willing to help me with anything I had difficulty with.We frequently had training and problem solving, like Health & safety, Manuel lifting, fire training and anti terrorist procedures.

ever changing environment

great place to work, interesting, ever changing, learning opportunity is great. One of the most fantastic places i have worked, I truly enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Laundry, meals on duty

Cons

long days

really great place to work

it was fun but hard work people worked as a team i loved my time there.the atmosphere was great the managers was hard but fair i could not recommend it enough.

Workplace

The best job and best team I learn many things and I am very because I was of your team Is the best place and best people. After this job I make my life easier

Spa was not organised. You are expected to do back to back massages through out the day

You are literally rushed off your feet as soon as you start your shift with a half an hour break if your lucky. Your health as a spa therapist isn't a concern of your management team they just want you to work non stop. If you value your physical and mental health you wouldn't work in a 5 star hotel spa. You will never be valued and your welling being will never be a priority at The Berkeley.

Cons

Long hours, no safety for spa therapists when male guests are inappropriate, no support for spa therapists physical wellbeing

Recomended place to work for.

Great product, strongly situated on the hospitality market constantly expanding and growing. Great benefits, good team to work with in all departments. Higly recomended.

Enjoyable and rewarding

A typical day as a Porter would be getting a phone call for the time the coach(es) arrive. From there I would arrive about thirty minutes before and set up for when they (the guests) arrive. When they arrive I would go and take their suitcases from the coach and take it to the correct room that the guest was staying at. Definitely tiring having to lift suitcases around but it was rewarding as you would meet many lovely guests.

Great Place To Work

Great place to work. Great team. Great atmosphere. Difficult to progress into another department or role. Lots of perks great staff canteen, free meals provided on duty.

Pros

Great staff canteen lots of perks

Cons

Difficult to progress or move into another role

Serious and top professional

• Setting up corporate meetings and social events according to client’s specifications • Executing a five star and silver service throughout the event • Leading casual and agency staffs during each event and ensuring they are carrying out their duties for the duration of their shift

Pros

good team

Cons

night shifts

nice environment

beautiful hotel in a good location, it is pleasant to work at the berkeley because the satff are warm. i have learnt a lot at this hoteli would recommend working here to anyone wishing to work in a 5 star hotel

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Excelente sitio de trabajo , se preocupan por entrenar constantemente al personal

Awesome staff, amazing conditions

whole hotel's staff is superb friendly, proactive and helpfull. Managment is very organised and friendly. Work atmosphere is amazing. Well organised positions helping to make much better service than everywhere else. Luxury rooms making guests happy about visits

Pros

free lunch, dinner

Uno dei Migliori Hotel di Londra

Hotel di Lusso, servizio da 5 stelle. personale sorridente e molto professionale

Pros

Ottimo hotel

Cons

Nessuno

Excellent

Its a good company to work with because you get to build a personal relation with customers who are staying. overall the staff are very helpful and a fun place to work

productive workplace,very focus on staff satisfaction

I've been working there for 2 years,I think was one of the best hospitality company in London.I feel very lucky to had to chance to work there ,I left just to move to Australia.

Cons

Long hours, very busy all the time

An ok hotel

An ok hotel to work. Much of a muchness really. Was only there part time

Productive workplace with promise of skill developement

An attractive working environment with appealing working hours. Fair management & dependable co-workers. The hardest part was service during the high season & the most enjoyable was the staff ball. I learned a lot about asian and middle eastern cuisine.

Pros

free staff food

Cons

politics

Een erg goed bedrijf om te werken, het bedrijf staat erg hoog in de markt en je werkt met leuke professionele mensen

Je leert erg veel in het bedrijf. Goede mogelijkheden om te groeien Je word goed beloond voor je werk

different culture environment its more fun and fair treament

when theres a VIP is coming to the suite room and theres a big leak in the bedroom ceiling thats supposed to be 2 working days but i did in half a day because my boss theres no other choice because all rooms are occupied..

Pros

free lunch and free coffee and bread

Cons

8 hours everyday monday to friday

Good environment to work

work as Demi Chef de Partie for room service, mise en place order stock control cooking and general kitchen work included cleaning

Pros

Free lunch, free uniform.tronc and bonus

Cons

40 hours/week

enjoyable work place

I open up sometimes and set the tills up, set the bar up, and open up to customers. I have learnt everyone is an individual and all have different likes & dislikes. I get on well with the management and they are very flexible if a problem arises. The hardest part of the job , there isn't one. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers are served as quickly and efficiently as possible and that they are enjoying themselves.

Pros

socialising

Cons

late night hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE BERKELEY HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

4.3Job security/advancement
  • THE BERKELEY HOTEL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?