The Best Connection Employment Group

The Best Connection Employment Group Employee Reviews for Driver

Pretty good

Was pretty good working here decent amount of work I only did it short term but enjoyed it money wasn’t great and I believe I was under paid. As the job I was doing the drivers were on more than £12 per hour as an agency driver I o lay got £10 after speaking with the agency they said they were paying my national insurance so it works out the same I took their word o. It but after inspection of payslips I’m pretty sure it was coming out of my wage. But it’s good place to be in between jobs. Perfect for that In fact.

Pros

It was pretty easy and straight forward

Cons

Low pay

17 August 2021
Thanks for leaving a 3 star review. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review; if there is anything that we can do to help improve your experience with The Best Connection, please email us at customer.satisfaction@thebestconnection.co.uk. - Will

Perfect

Really nice agency to work with, they are doing best they can to solve any issues that you have, really nice team to work with. Salary really good for this area.

Pros

Free milk

Cons

Normal hours

Flexibility and choice

Great HGV driving agency to work for. Truro always have plenty of work to offered you daily or weekly, you decide which jobs and shifts you want to accept. Good friendly management supported by a great team of administrators.

Pros

lots of work

Cons

Cant think of any

17 August 2021
Your review is so important to us – so thank you and we hope to see you again very soon! - Will

It's a stressful work environment

They put everyone through a high standard in-house training which is one of the best in the industry which is followed up with an annual review unfortunately that's where the positives end, they make empty promises and no matter how hard you work or how much new business you win there is very little chance of progression.

Pros

Good in-house training

Cons

Empty promises, low salary and lack of progression within the company

17 August 2021

Great agency to work for

I been working long time for best connections great people easy to work with very helpfull I recommend them all the time very helpfull they never let u down to find work soon as possible

Pros

Bounce

Cons

Long houre

17 August 2021
Thanks for your rating! We’re absolutely thrilled to receive such positive feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. - Will

Good People to work for

Don’t know about their other branches but the Bedford branch of the Best Connection have been an absolute pleasure to work for. The whole branch is without exception the best agency I have worked for. Always keeping you informed and always professionally handled when calling them. If the feedback they get is of you being a good worker they will not let you down! Cannot recommend enough.

Pros

They put you in jobs and they do it well

Cons

Worked for The Best Connection in 2019, rude and very judgemental. Treats you badly when you refuse jobs you haven't asked for. Unfair and pompous. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE!

Pros

Cons

Rude and pompous

Waste of time

Jobs advertised are not really there when you contact them and when there is your told to old for the job. If you want to be messed around then sign up

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Best job I’ve ever had

I’ve worked for Best Connection as a driver since April 2012 mainly as a driver for W.S.C.C. For day care centres or special needs schools and have found it to be the most rewarding job I’ve ever had. Have made many friends since starting with the company. Mother once told me that I don’t go to work anymore when I asked what I did she just said that I just go out to see my friends every day. I like the variety of the job I’ve covered most of the runs in the county so even if the jobs the same I’m always meeting different people

Useless Staff

You know that old phrase "We'll get back to you" ?Well they never do, called on numerous occasions to enquire about work and the best you get is a false promise of a call back.You mention this to them and they put the phone down on you.The overall impression of this branch is that they are all a little out of their depth and don't really know what they are doing!

Pros

Cons

Many

Jobs at The Best Connection Employment Group

Driver positions
See more jobs

Work

Was told that there is a load of work going and within 3 weeks I got nothing whatsoever absolutely useless. Would call pretty much every day and was told they would get back in touch but nothing.

Amateurs

High turnover of office staff means they end up with inexperienced kids trying to pressure experienced drivers into accepting lousy assignments. Wages are pretty poor compared to other agencies, usually at least £1 an hour less. If you refuse an assignment be prepared to sit at home for a few weeks totally ignored as what almost feels like a punishment.

Robbed of pay

Where do I start with this outfit. By far the worst agency I've worked for in 20 years! Very little work available. They may give you an assignment on Monday that you hate but if you tell em you'll see out the day but you won't go there tomorrow, they won't bother to find you anymore hung for the rest of the week and they'll keep offering you the same assignment because nobody else will work there either! Will happily pay you the same rate as a class 2 driver despite sending you in to an assignment as a class 1 driver! Don't pay you correctly for holidays taken, supposed to work out the average of your last 13 weeks wages to calculate it but they didn't even bother so underpaid you. That was only when you threatened to take em to a tribunal becasue before that, they didn't bother paying you for leave at all despite having accumulated enough days. Advised you of one rate of pay when offering an assignment, wages show a different rate of pay entirely when they come through two weeks later! Never bothered sending written details of assignments or rates of pay until after I left and after the tribunal when they sent me a load of backdated ones from months ago! 😂 Paid other drivers doing the same job on the same assignment different rates making it very unfair. We're supposed to pay any untaken leave at the end of the leave year but didn't, just withheld it. Had to go to take them to a tribunal to get back the money that they owed after I left, including wages for my last week that they decided not to pay. Numerous complaints to the manager, ignored. ACAS -

Stockport office will hold pay

Stockport office will hold pay, then send abusive goading texts almost wanting you to go the office and smash it up.sneaks and thieves,cocky s###s in the office,paid less than min wage after deductions

An employment agency

Friendly staff with a good attitude (who I’ve dealt with) and paid on time. Timesheets are a pain but they can do them electronically if you can’t get to the office to hand them in.

Another joke agency

Stay clear false advertising..full of false lies..the recruitment have attitude and ring you at 5.30am for work because there been let down..don't know who there think there are..strong talk on phone but face to face cowards...the government needs to shut these agencies down..goverment is too blame there let these agencies do what there want until someone smashes the place.

Good Agency

Can’t knock the Warrington branch as most days offered me work even if not driving but luckily for me I’ve been offered a full time job through Best Connection so from my own experience being on their books I’ve nothing bad say about them except the pay could be better.

Misleading

If you want to be promised some work and then they can’t provide any then this is the agency for you. They mislead you into thinking you will be solely a forklift truck driver. When you first correspond with them they tell you how much work you will be doing and how much you will be doing on the truck. They may as well just re-list this vacancy as a warehouse operative, first they tell you it’s 85/95% on the truck then as the registration progresses it turns into 30/35% on the truck and 55/60% being the company’s slave Labourer. Then after the registration is complete they tell you they will be in touch in a few days with a possible start date. That’s the last you will hear from them as there is no start date they just want you on their list just in case they need you at short notice. Do not waste your time with this agency.

Pros

Cons

Being Mislead

Best Connection-Telford. Their name says it all !

I have been working with Best Connection,Telford as a Class C1 and van driver, for the last 8 months. The staff are friendly, extremely helpful and always ensure that you are assigned to a contract that suits your skill set and personal requirements. If you are looking for an agency that will provide you with the "Best Connection" into a wide variety of opportunities, then this is the company for you !

Pros

Regular work

Cons

Some long hours

As a ltd driver pay is ok

Salary is ok but don’t expect to get a pay rise if you ask for it let alone you are a ltd driver dont expect to be treated like your running your own company they pay you what they want regardless of your invoices and they will all ways side with the company there sending you to even if you have evidence of hours work yes this has happened to me a couple of times I have been kept in continuous work but that only happens if your reliable and good at your job the two people I have contact with most of the time are good but on a off day are rude and if you have a problem don’t expect anything from them you’ll get we are here to find you work that’s it so as a stop gap use them as much as they use you iv used them for 3 years now and it’s time I moved on. Overall not the best but a lot better then a lot of others.

Pros

Salary and being able to pick a choose when you want to work

Cons

If your to picky with hours you’ll not get work and don’t expect a pay rise if everyone else does

Agency

Driver sent to various clients on different contracts. enough work and always paid on time and normally the correct amount. happy helpful team of staff

Pros

work

Cons

some lack of work at quiet times of the year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Best Connection Employment Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement