The BOC Group

The BOC Group Job security & advancement reviews

Easy to move roles and gain experience in different areas. Good team environment and supportive culture.Good flexibility to provide work/life balance
I took early retirement from this company had various positions here and enjoyed the varied and interesting different roles. I went temping and ended up at jackson lloyd where I currerntly work
Pros
distance
Cons
distance
Good company to work for. Management have poor people skills. After 2 years there on pertemps books I've decided to leave. My last shift is on 13/07/18.
Pros
No deduction on time for breaks.
Cons
Shifts.
Was an incredible company to work for and it was a privilege to be part of BOC through the growth period and I am proud to have contributed.Unfortunately like many large companies operating in shrinking markets, times become testing and difficult. Alas ,overseas ownership saw huge asset stripping thus a loss of highly experience "BOC" people.I am afraid that has had detrimental effect on not only its staff but sadly on all its customers. Standards have slipped and so has customer focus. Its such a shame because I really did enjoy working and representing the old BOC , but like many find it hard to recognise in its new guise. Where there was once a chance of a lengthy rewarding career now lies scores of agency staff who know its only a temporary job...and sadly you do get what you pay for. Just glad I experienced some very rewarding years.
Professional company with good training and ethics. Good management structure and caring outlook. Forward looking and ahead of competitors. Well respected.
Pros
Salary, pension.
Cons
Heavy lifting involved.
Working in this fast paced environment can be rewarding and presents opportunities for career progression. The training for new starters is very comprehensive and continues throughout your journey with the company.
Pros
Salary
BOC is an excellent company to work for, I managed to achieve several promotions in my 15 years here so far. They offer excellent training and safety is key for the company.
An old British company in many respects still in the dark ages. Still to embrace modern technology and modern day work ethics
Typical day currently is hectic - people generally very nice but set in there ways Good development opportunities Currently in Transition, hopefully in the right direction
Pros
Flexible working hours
Very different jobs every day made it very interesting, learnt my trade with some very knowledgeable people around me.
I learnt alot at BOC including new skills such as manual handling and delivery compliance. The site management where very good bosses and would go out thier way to help. The top managers were not very helpful or nice to work for because even though I was at the company for two years I was still an agency worker and was promised for two years about a full time comtract. The hardest part of my job was working under pressure as work could build up very quickly and deadlines could move closer. I did really enjoy the job as I had to work as part of a team and indivudaly on occasions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Agency worker
World leading gas and welding products supplier, Excellent progression opportunities, I Learned a variety of new skills.
Great place to learn my trade and start my career off. worked in a small maintenance department that work very well together. was lucky to work with a great bunch of people that taught me a lot and gave me a brilliant start to my career.
I developed many new skills in working for such a major company. As i was in on a temporary basis i was sorry that my time at the company was not longer.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
unable to keep temps as too much over head cost
Has very good opportunities, a very good place to start is Inbound sales as it allows you to gain a wide range of company knowledge.
My time at BOC was employed through an agency, three years with ft marine at Manningtree, remainder with per temps.typical day consist of strip down valves and examine, shot blast, rebuild fitting new parts as required. Test on completionNever become complacent, a mistake could result with an injury to an operator.Management were very approachableGot on very well with co workersMost enjoyable part of job was the self satisfaction having done a good days work.
Pros
working inside
Cons
not being employed directly with boc