The BOC Group

The BOC Group Management reviews

To be honest job was ok if they left you to it ridiculous timed deliveries, transport manager not a clue how to man manage, always telling you how job should be done.
I enjoyed working at BOC. The management arent great but the overall atmosphere in the office is very good. The salary is also very good for the position itself.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Good company to work for. Management have poor people skills. After 2 years there on pertemps books I've decided to leave. My last shift is on 13/07/18.
Pros
No deduction on time for breaks.
Cons
Shifts.
BOC are in the dark ages where technology is concerned want to be forward thinking but want to do everything on the cheap with as little staff as possible. Over the last few years the only thought is how to cut back with very little thought as to how existing employees feel. Shame it used to be a great place but no one feels valued anymore.
Pros
Local
Cons
Dont care about staff
A company who's only mantra is to now outsource and cut. Staff don't feel valued anymore and the company still arrogantly thinks they are amazing. The company could become great again, but it needs to start thinking more radically and implementing decisions quicker.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Outdated tech and under constant threat of job cuts
Professional company with good training and ethics. Good management structure and caring outlook. Forward looking and ahead of competitors. Well respected.
Pros
Salary, pension.
Cons
Heavy lifting involved.
Front line maintenance as a priority Calibration and maintenance of all instrumentation and associated equipment Maintenance of all calibration records Liaising with contractors Main problem was weak management Hardest part - Getting the right person to own the right problem. Best part - the rare time I caught up and could devote time to improving working enviroment.
Pros
Excellent renumeration
Cons
Difficult to progress due to misplaced loyalties in management
I was responsible for greeting all visitors onto site and answering the switchboard and transferring calls to the relevant people. The management were very approachable for work related issues and personal issues. My co-workers were very approachable and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was covering when people were off and having to multi task, especially as this was my first job. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning everything to know about office work.
Pros
Excellent salary and pension
Cons
Sometimes tended to be rather quite in the office
An enjoyable work history of nearly 19 years. Due to a global structure change the company is adopting new focus and a complete change management culture to drive success in the coming years. But this will only serve to make the new organisation, leaner, stronger & more effective over the next few years to be more competitive long term.
Pros
Mature company
Cons
varied silo cultures
I learnt alot at BOC including new skills such as manual handling and delivery compliance. The site management where very good bosses and would go out thier way to help. The top managers were not very helpful or nice to work for because even though I was at the company for two years I was still an agency worker and was promised for two years about a full time comtract. The hardest part of my job was working under pressure as work could build up very quickly and deadlines could move closer. I did really enjoy the job as I had to work as part of a team and indivudaly on occasions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Agency worker
security... you could say really its more of being a glorified secretary... we have to watch cctv answer phones all day sort visitors, contractors, trucks, tankers, parcels, keys logs,weighbridge tickets, inductions, alarms, aswell as anything else they want to just chuck at you... ow and we do not get breaks away from our office... wait we do not get breaks (reasons we are not always busy apparently we should eat at those times- from the person in charge of security) i hardly ever eat my food warm or drink a hot drink we are contracted by a company that doesn't care about us no one can work in security other than 4 people that know what they are doing, one is retired and 3 that already do 72 hours... over worked and underpaid as the saying goes we pay for a license and we are on a rubbish wage work 3 day 3 nights all 12 hour shifts and do not get any benefits £7.05 management dont really care about what we say about security... especially if you say something needs sorting and it involves money.... the hardest part of the job is the night shifts that you dont get paid any extra but the most enjoyable part is leaving... can not wait!
Pros
the people on site
Cons
long hours, underpaid, security risk
great place to work great management excellent wages . lots flt work experiences. working with dangerous gases but good knowledge about kind of gases your working with.
Pros
early finish
Cons
hard to fit in
My time at BOC was employed through an agency, three years with ft marine at Manningtree, remainder with per temps.typical day consist of strip down valves and examine, shot blast, rebuild fitting new parts as required. Test on completionNever become complacent, a mistake could result with an injury to an operator.Management were very approachableGot on very well with co workersMost enjoyable part of job was the self satisfaction having done a good days work.
Pros
working inside
Cons
not being employed directly with boc