The BOC Group

The BOC Group Work-life balance reviews

Easy to move roles and gain experience in different areas. Good team environment and supportive culture.Good flexibility to provide work/life balance
I took early retirement from this company had various positions here and enjoyed the varied and interesting different roles. I went temping and ended up at jackson lloyd where I currerntly work
Pros
distance
Cons
distance
Professional company with good training and ethics. Good management structure and caring outlook. Forward looking and ahead of competitors. Well respected.
Pros
Salary, pension.
Cons
Heavy lifting involved.
Working in this fast paced environment can be rewarding and presents opportunities for career progression. The training for new starters is very comprehensive and continues throughout your journey with the company.
Pros
Salary
BOC is an excellent company to work for, I managed to achieve several promotions in my 15 years here so far. They offer excellent training and safety is key for the company.
An old British company in many respects still in the dark ages. Still to embrace modern technology and modern day work ethics
Day to Day routine maintenance covering all aspects of the equipment and infastructure. close coupled workforce carrying out routine maintenance.
Typical day currently is hectic - people generally very nice but set in there ways Good development opportunities Currently in Transition, hopefully in the right direction
Pros
Flexible working hours
My day is varied and no one day is the same. I do alot of driving which I enjoy. I might be doing some staff training or meeting clinicians and patients. I can also be doing project work and developing training for staff so very varied every day. I am now looking to move to the South West of England
Pros
variety
Cons
security... you could say really its more of being a glorified secretary... we have to watch cctv answer phones all day sort visitors, contractors, trucks, tankers, parcels, keys logs,weighbridge tickets, inductions, alarms, aswell as anything else they want to just chuck at you... ow and we do not get breaks away from our office... wait we do not get breaks (reasons we are not always busy apparently we should eat at those times- from the person in charge of security) i hardly ever eat my food warm or drink a hot drink we are contracted by a company that doesn't care about us no one can work in security other than 4 people that know what they are doing, one is retired and 3 that already do 72 hours... over worked and underpaid as the saying goes we pay for a license and we are on a rubbish wage work 3 day 3 nights all 12 hour shifts and do not get any benefits ÂŁ7.05 management dont really care about what we say about security... especially if you say something needs sorting and it involves money.... the hardest part of the job is the night shifts that you dont get paid any extra but the most enjoyable part is leaving... can not wait!
Pros
the people on site
Cons
long hours, underpaid, security risk
great place to work great management excellent wages . lots flt work experiences. working with dangerous gases but good knowledge about kind of gases your working with.
Pros
early finish
Cons
hard to fit in
A good company to work for, always looking to get the most out of the employees.
Pros
37 hour week morning and afternoon shifts only
Cons
salary
Has very good opportunities, a very good place to start is Inbound sales as it allows you to gain a wide range of company knowledge.