The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Worked for a while and just felt unappreciated, I made it to management and just got boring and girls are catty. The products are lovely but company morals have gone out the window.
No support work hard for them to have pay deductions and for no reasons and not be resolved! No one answers you when you need help or support the management have no clue either
Pros
Cons
They are cons
Multi Level Marketing that has sales target to be reached on every few months. When they recruit you they’ll tell you that there’s no target you can keep up without the sales which is not true at all if you don’t achieve certain sale targets your account will get deleted and you’ll get 20£ for recruiting someone only if they get to a certain level and do a sales worth £150 so completely worthless and useless. In essence, If you make a sales worth £150 you’ll only get about £37 pound and on that you have to take care of host party that you have to book for about £5 and individual delivery that will cost you about £3-£4 each so it’s basically like you’re working there for free lolThe workers are underpaid and undervalued if you’re thinking of joining bodyshop, simply don’t.
Pros
Free Products
Cons
You’ll lose your own darn money
Was very bad place to work. Some people very rude. Management very low level 👎. Every day after work my feeling was so bad. Very bad experience. My vote is minus 0
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Great support from managers and great team work, exciting opportunities and incentives given for working with the body shop at home. Great if you can't go out to work
Very poor. Over advertised job, even at interview. Job was never as described. Recruited others for same position (5 covering 24/7) on higher salary. Manager took no action when issues were raised
Cons
Unrealistic and if you dont really have friends like myself then you wont make a penny. They tell you all the good things about the job but never the bad thing like the bad perfum in tbe product which are really bad for your skin like Vitamin e range, Only product without this is the Aloe products, they pretty much say blame yourself if your not getting hundreds or thousands of customers. They tell you its no pressure. They tell you all these thing's but if customers dont want to buy then again its your fault. They dont acknowledge anyone but their friends/family are in this and If they have a "Title" they automatically get promoted because of this. Really sad to see a company like this because it products seem at face value real.. Too many people with titles and then starts becoming a b!tch fest
Cons
Perfect job, really nice team, all friendly and funny, good salary. Just a one problem - working with agency. :-( can be directly job, we wish :-) :-)
Loved my time in the company.Please don't get mixed-up with the company ie working in the shop employed to being at home consultant. Both are different apart from the knowledge.The misconception of being a manager in the store is totally different to running as manager if you are a at home consultant..
Pros
Incentives.
Cons
I worked at the Body Shop for 12 years ! I had a very enjoyable time - the reason why I left was because I wanted a full time position and the hours were not available unfortunately otherwise I would still be working there! I miss working there as we had a lot of lovely challenging times!!
Joined to a ‘troubled team’ where management had come and gone, the rude team stayed and they ruled the roost. HR were the most unsupportive people you could imagine. Regional management were too stretched and became micro managers. Campaign changes last second ( not minute ) my phone never stopped buzzing. The brand was very cliquey, hiring a very certain kind of person for years and years, no matter how bad brand changes were making working life, they just smiled away clueless as to the working implications of constant change. The brand felt stuck in the past, it was very odd joining this really gossipy ‘mum ran’ company.
Pros
Regular product top ups for personal use.
Cons
Very unsupportive HR, very little support from up top.
I was a Christmas Temp at The Body Shop and I must say it has been one of my favorite jobs (and I've had a fair few), I really enjoyed my short time working here and always looked forward to going into work. I struggle with anxiety and often find new environments and tasks overwhelming, however, I was welcomed into the community with open arms and always knew exactly what I had to do as had constant support and encouragement. Shifts were always given around my available hours and never once clashed with my university commitments, management were always very understanding if I had to take an extra day off or if I phoned in due to sickness a couple hours prior my shift. Overall, a great experience and would apply again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Free products, Good hours and support system
Cons
Often ran over expected shift
I was a 0 hour employee, so i was working on call. Target was high, but not difficult to afford. People were educated and friendly, it was hard just because i was on night shift l.
Nice place to work and nice staff, some great benefits from working here one of them being the good discount you get on products. Managed to get a good understanding of skincare when working at the body shop.
Pros
Discount, freebies, breaks
Cons
Pay could be higher
Lovely products and the staff are friendly but working for the body shop at home means you don't get a reliable monthly wage. You just get comission and some months you may have zero orders
Pros
Friendly staff, supportive managers, great products
Cons
No money
A typical day involves constantly keeping the store and shelves tidy while addressing to the customer's needs. The whole team was a pleasure to work with and very kind. Since we had each-other's back, managing the shop floor and maintaining the stock was easy to do. No one likes drama and the manager was a lovely peace maker who strived to de-escalate any issues.
Pros
Free samples and products
Cons
Rush hour
The nights start to feel quite long after working for a while unless you have a self set goal. The trainers are good but management team need to take into account the comfort-ability of the standing location for the packers. Other than that, i would recommend this job to most people.
Pros
Good wage, Friendly co workers and decent hours
Cons
Not very good for your back.
I have been working at Body Shop at home, for a month I am loving it. I have a supported team and I learned so much about social networking, sell yourself and get awarded free products. I have been practising my photography skills. I worked so hard, selling, keep update customer packages make sure it safe. I learned the benefits of the product. Have the freedom to do what hours and day.
Pros
working home, own hours, support team
Cons
more money, get new customers
I have worked in primark, river island and new look, and the body shop is by far the best company. The perks of working there are immense. You get paid an extremely good wage (around £9 p/h), receive free products and have a 50% discount which two other friends or family members have access too. My management is also very friendly and extremely flexible with holidays!
Pros
Discount, free products, wage, management
Cons
Lots of product information to learn and constant deals to memorise
The body shop is not the average retail store to work in, with activism and fundraising events happening throughout the working month. Sustainable and cruelty-free cosmetics is their message.
Nice working atmosohere and colleagues. New way of working is great! which is allows staff to work how and where they want. Fair rules acorss management and junior staff. Fair pay too.
  1. Employee reviews