The BRead Factory

The BRead Factory Employee Reviews

bread department(production) poor management

The best skills you need to grow up and have good work life(at least in the Bread production):-be friend from childhood with the Head baker -be family member or friend of the assistants managers or have a drink with them time to time(actually a lot of drink but very often...) specially the main assistant manager in production area

Pros

An smile from big managers once a week

Cons

Not part of one of the gangs (head baker's or main assistant of head baker's) you don't count

Not good company

It says in the job advertisement that you don't work on Sundays, but that's not true. It's hard to get a vacation. Employees are not treated equally.

Cons

Hard work

Not a good place for advancing

Good for new Starters looking for job experience. Management not for you.Whatever the Manager of the unit says is done. If you ask for a increase, you get a big no.No fun place to work. Team Leaders useless. Some Supervisors are nice.Owner is a Jew.

Pros

1 year back free lunch which included apple, bread butter, tomato cucumber and tea coffee. Now only tea coffee no milk. Sometimes milk available.

Cons

8 hours shift and 9 hours shift in production.

Good job

It waa a great experience for me and i improved my knowledge in the sector of food. Great team work and a good healthy environment. I recommend it to everyone!

Not organised or hygienic at all

If you eat at Costa,Starbucks and all the shops they supply, then good luck. I have seen a colleagues on several occasions drop the whole load of goods in the rain then pick it up and deliver them (bread, cakes and croissants) I wouldn't eat at their stores or the companys they supply. Management are polish or Portuguese they speak their own language and employ their families

Pros

Free expired bread

Cons

Long hrs no or little pay

My experience at this job has been the best one because that was my first job.

This job, for me, was the best one, honestly... the supervisor , the manager, and other employees were well intentioned to do everything properly and quality and besides of this They were so friendly And that’s why This job was the best one for me💕

A good company to work but with some management changes who affect your work because of different ideas and directions to each one. Like normal when is very busy the employee is the best but when slow down the work and there is less service there is time to pic up with all staff

first work

It's good workplace for people who don't speak English very well and they want to learn more. It's nice option for new people in UK, with energy and motivation.

Standard Hospitality Mentality

Huge turnover because of low wages, this leads to a lack of pride or care for the company. Every time someone left, part of their job was passed to me and I wasn't offered any more money for it. I have seen lots of office staff leave and their work just given to someone else instead of hiring a replacement, which inevitably leads to all the good staff leaving and more pressure being put on the remaining staff that do care about the company.

Interesting experience

Poor hours to work however not very demanding physically. Workload is dependent on which rout you're given, although it isn't demanding physically the amount of boxes can sometimes mean that you're running more than lifting.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The BRead Factory?

Not the best working enviroment

Initially was very happy to work for The Bread Factory, went to do an interview all went well, was asked to come in on the same day to start work I accepted got there and it went fine but sadly I was left with an very unhelpful worker who I was a drivers mate to, he didn't show me how to do the basic things, just told me to load the van, we went on our way, all he did was talk to his gf, didn't tell me the routes I would be doing or what I should expect which is what made me not want to continue working there.

Amazing staff and managers.

I worked with bread factory for quite sometime they are amazing team. I learned a lot since working with them I gained experience and passed my forklift driver test.

A lot of work and little money

Little money, no progression, high volume of work, bad management, no parking spaces, no eating and drinking outside, no place to sit and drink a coffee, only looking for their profit, unpaid breaks.

Nice People

The company expect a lot of their staff for as little as possible and don't seem to care to much about improving as a business to prevent hectic days for employees.

Multi cultural company

Same day everyday - in regards to work I've got my forklift licence here - counterbalance and flexi, pivot, bendi. management is not so great, they need to focus on that a bit more. Being a multicultural company, there is Asians, Polish, Hungarians, Romanians and other East-Europeans - watch your back.

Pros

young and challenging team

Cons

management not so experienced

Production

It was a night job, At the end at the shift we can take home bread or other products. They have 3 departaments : bread , cake and bmg. After 3 -6 months they can raise your salaary

Hard job, not for everyone

Hard work, wemen must lift and work with way too many kilograms. No easy job on production. Workers are nice, but most of time not too much helpful as everyone mind there own business. Management looks lost, many times don't know what happening around them. Short of staff as nobody wants to work so hard for minimum salary. Old employees don't get any benefits from long service except extra day holiday. Way too small money for so hard work. Supposed to be free lunches every day but deliveries are one a week, so food is enough for two days. After office hours canteen looking horrible is stinky and nobody coming to care about it. Good job for one, two months if you don't have any other options. Otherwise don't waste your time.

Pros

Friendly people, free lunch once or twice a week, extra holiday after 5 years of service, free wxtra cakes and bread

Cons

Bad managment, dirty, very hard work, stresfull, many kilograms to lift

bad management

-Loading and Delivery of goods to costumers -Van safety checks before and after work - Verification of the goods delivered to the costumers - Completing all relevant paperwork regarding deliveries - Treating all costumers in a polite manner and provide the best costumer care possible

Fast past

The Bread factory has a very intensive work past and environment.

The management is not at high standards and the way they are treating the staff is not actually the right one recording to the wages that they give. They only want to make money instead of motivating staff with different vouchers or free treats.

Easy, Everyday is the same

the place is a nice place to work at if you don't want to deal with costumers. Usually the team you're in is very kind and helpful. once you understand what the work is about, you will get use to it and everyday will be easy.

Pros

payed holiday

Cons

overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The BRead Factory. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9