The Care Bureau Ltd

The Care Bureau Ltd Employee Reviews

Good People, Good Clients

I started my job as a carer last year, not knowing what to expect and it has since become a job I quite enjoy. The clients are what make the job worth it and it does feel like you make a difference to each of them. The other carers and management are all friendly and understanding, which makes things much easier when you come to them with any problems.The hours you work are pretty flexible so it is easy to fit in the work around your life.

Pros

Flexible hours

29 June 2021

Very friendly office members are nice and workers are nice

Very good job I joined in March 2021 and I’ve now been given the leader role for H2H very good team always friendly caring always help you whenever you need help they are very fair pay is okay

Pros

Friendly team good staff Can progress

29 July 2021
We are so pleased that you're enjoying your new role. Thank you for taking the time to feedback.

It could be so much better

If you are going to be working at Northampton, ensure that you get, in writing, what your pay is from head office. This will help when you inevitably need to dispute your pay. My salary was never correct and I never got paid for mileageIf you apply for the Rapid Response role where you cover shifts paid for by the NHS and LA, know that they will get you covering their own domiciliary calls should there be any gaps during the day. You are not informed of this during interview or in advert.

28 June 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. If there is any issue with outstanding payments for travel expenses, or issues with pay not being clear, then we would urge you to contact us formally. We provide detailed payslips every pay period that give a breakdown of all pay.We feel that utilising staff where they have gaps in their workload is a reasonable approach. Thank you for your feedback, we will certainly make the necessary considerations. Thank you also for your work with The Care Bureau, and we wish you well with your future endeavours.

Rewarding and caring

The care bureau is very caring company to work with always happy to help and very friendly I have worked for the company for 8 years and loved every minute and continue to work with them for many more years to come .

Pros

Training, uniforms, dbs free

Cons

Some time long days

29 June 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. Thank you for the lovely words and your service to the company.

Great caring place to work

Worked as a carer and steadily progressed to supervisor then scheduler. Training opportunities throughout my time here. Supportive management. Can be stressful at times but with the help and support able to work through it.

29 June 2021
Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate the feedback. What an amazing progression through the company, well done!

Busy, but enjoyable.

I worked at The Care Bureau for 2 and a bit years and only left to further my career.The Leamington office is busy, but enjoyable. A nice place to work and very rewarding.The carers are lovely (and work so hard) and management are very supportive.If I ever felt as though I had too big a workload, the manager worked with me to take the pressure off.

Pros

Supportive management

29 June 2021
Thank you so much for the lovely words and feedback you have provided. We wish you luck in your future.

I have worked for The Care Bureau for 7 months and really enjoy the job and working for this company.Everyone is very friendly and supportive and works as a team.The hours can be flexible to work around you.There is always someone on the end of the phone for you .Visiting the clients is very rewarding.praise is always given.

Pros

Flexible hours

29 July 2021
Working in a supportive environment makes such a difference, we are so pleased that you are enjoying your role.Thank you so much for the feedback.

Rewarding

Hours can be long if you choose to do that I have a happy balance giving my time to clients. This is very important and rewarding when you can make the client smile and feeling safe. Care bureau manager has always been understanding of my needs too outside of working. Good company and move up if dedicated or stay flexible to your own needs and home life.

Pros

Choose your hours weekly pay

29 July 2021
We're happy that you're happy and have found the balance between work and home life. Thank you very much for your lovely words.

Awful just awful

The management don’t care about you they expect you to do too many calls and don’t consider the travel time. They say you can speak to them about any concerns you have but when you do you’re treated like rubbish. Would not recommend working with this company

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. We do have dedicated schedulers to ensure calls are allocated appropriately and to ensure we consider the travel between. Thank you for your feedback, and for your work with The Care Bureau. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

The worst place I’ve ever worked

The office have no time for you what so ever and cram in so many calls that you physically can’t do with no travel time to get there either. The worst company I’ve worked for.

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. We have dedicated schedulers to ensure calls are allocated appropriately and to ensure we consider the travel time between calls.We wish you well with your future endeavours. Thank you for your feedback, and for your work for The Care Bureau.

I love my job

I have worked at The Care Bureau for over 10 months now, its a lovely place to work and great friendly environment. There is always something to do and everyone supports and communicates with each other. I get a lot of support from my team and my manager. My manager is always there If I need help and gives me feedback which help me improve and develop my skills I love to study so my boss always keeps a look out for new courses for me yes the job can be stressful but so can any job

29 July 2021
We are so pleased you know you have support from your Manager, and the rest of the team. Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback.

Rewarding

Enjoy being a carer, it's very rewarding. Management are supportive and are there on call when needed. Mentored by a an experienced carer until I felt confident enough to go out on my own.

Pros

Supportive staff

29 July 2021
We are so pleased that you are enjoying your role and appreciate you taking the time to post some feedback.

Srtessful

All they care about is how many more clients they can get. No time to give client allocated time as too many clients to see. The harder you work the more they pile on you and when you say I need to cut down hours they got very funny. Did every weekend for about 6 months then they didn’t like it when I said I can only do every other weekend.

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. We have dedicated schedulers to ensure calls are allocated appropriately. We do ask all our care assistants to work every other weekend as a minimum. If a carer is available to do more, we try to utilise this if needed. Thank you for your feedback, and for your work with The Care Bureau. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

Pretty good for care company

Office staff supportive during week Can be issues with pay being wrong but usually sorted quickly Weekends stressful, goes with the territory Overall would work there again if I was in the area

Cons

Uniform a stupid colour, shows every mark

29 July 2021
We're sorry you previously had issues with pay, but glad to see this was quickly rectified for you. Thank you for your feedback, and for your work with The Care Bureau. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

Awful

Awful company to work for. The clients safety isn’t took into consideration. Overworked Underpaid Management speak to you like rubbish No organisation

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. We have processes in place that assess the safety of our clients, as this is very important to us. We urge you to contact us if you can provide us further feedback. Thank you for your comments, and for your work with The Care Bureau. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

Excellent company

I have worked for the care bureau for six years I really enjoy it and its the best company I have worked for I have come so far in my job roll the manager is really supportive heres to many more happy years working for the care bureau

29 July 2021
We are so happy to read your feedback and glad you feel this way!Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, and for your work with The Care Bureau.

My experience working at The Care Bureau

I have worked at The Care Bureau for over 8 months now, its a lovely place to work and great friendly environment. There is always something to do and everyone supports and communicates with each other. I get a lot of support from my team and my manager. My manager is always there If I need help and gives me feedback which help me improve and develop my skills.

29 July 2021
We're so pleased to read this and glad you enjoy working for The Care Bureau.Thank you so much for your feedback.

Couldn’t be happier

I have developed in my role and couldn’t be happier. Fab company to work for and look forward to many more years with the company. I would recommend to friends.

29 July 2021
We are so pleased that you are happy in your role, and thank you for taking the time to let us know!

workplace

underpayed lack of communication between staff Privacy and Confidentiality was not maintained Lack of organisation The management of the Company is awful, their communication towards the staff that are actually out in the community helping the service users is poor.

Pros

nothing

Cons

unexpected calls added on to you without proper notice

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. Thank you for your feedback, and for your work with The Care Bureau. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

Draining, unappreciated and upper management are gossips.

Management are gossips, no support. Constantly spoken to in a horrible manner. Only get paid call times which means 6 1/2 hour calls = 3 hours. 3 different towns of calls for the same call round. Loads of hours available then suddenly you’ve gone from 30 hours to 9.

Pros

Clients, some staff are nice

Cons

Ridiculous hours, silly call times, silly paid mileage and completely unappreciated

29 July 2021
We are sorry to hear that your employment with us was not as successful as we had both hoped. We have dedicated schedulers to ensure calls are allocated appropriately and we do urge care assistants to discuss issues with timesheets with their office team to resolve.Thank you for your work with The Care Bureau, and for your feedback. We wish you well with your future endeavours.

Stressful environment with little reward from company

Not enough carers to cover the client base yet taking on more clients because social services offered £ incentives to the Company. Central management not involved much so local manager left to manage - whether good or bad so could be bit of a dictatorship! and not much support from Head Office. Shame because loved the clients and the interaction but left because of the stress of covering calls/shifts in un-manageable areas and when the response is "that's the job" - expressed the opinion that actually no it isn't and the clients are the ones losing out!

Pros

lovely clients

Cons

being bothered when not on shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Care Bureau Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • The Care Bureau Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?