The Cornish Bakery logo
The Cornish Bakery
Happiness score is 61 out of 100Average

The Cornish Bakery Employee Reviews

Encouraged to go that extra mile.

I have been at the Cornish Bakery in Hastings for just over a month now. In that time I have been given a comprehensive showing of the ropes. My managers have given me the opportunity to do a bit of everything in the bakery. I always feel encouraged with whatever I'm doing and 'criticism' is always constructive. All the team bring something to the table, and it is simply a pleasure to work along side them.I'm so glad to be finally receiving good teaching from someone who knows their coffee. It is clear that he take pride in it, and is keen to teach others to be a Barista. Each time I step up to the plate, I feel I get a little better with it. Though there is always room for improvement in the coffee art!So far, I have found my comfort zone to be behind the counter serving customers and the general cleaning/maintaining of the place. Or at least these are where I am the most effective. I'm sure with time and repetition I'll hone in the skills of coffee and food prep.Something which is already apparent is the art of working smart, not just hard. One of my managers is on another level with regards to work flow. Her mind is able to keep tabs on so many things going on at once, and yet even the smallest details are never missed. I would be foolish not take a leaf or two from her book.It must be mentioned that the job is a lot more physical than one would expect. I'm always on my feet, whether it be serving customers, making coffees, cleaning, baking, washing up etc. It's always manageable for myself, but I could understand how it would be a shock to the system for some. Especially -

Pros

Discounts on all food and drink. Free hot drinks.

Cons

20 minute break a tad short

Stronger Together

I have worked here for 3 years and it's got to be the best job I've ever had. Here were a team no matter who you are having ADHD and Autism the company have gone above and beyond about mental health in the workplace and they are so understanding and will actually take the time to help you. As a huge dog lover been dog friendly is perfect they get to come and sit in plus it's always nice giving them stroke. Go Coney😉

Unbelievably welcoming, make you feel part of the team and that you are an important team member.

From my first day at The Cornish Bakery I knew I had made the right career move. An amazing company to work for. Great training and support so you can be the best at your role. I feel that I have found a new work family in The Cornish Bakery, they have your back.Opportunity to progress within the company is encouraged and supported.

Pros

Made to feel important. Opportunities to progress is supported and encouraged.

Cons

Can be busy at times.

High Standards, Strong Values

Join the company not long ago, after losing my previous job though Covid-19. In my 30+ years of service in the Catering industry, I have never experience this sense of belonging, and Joy everyday I am at work.I know look forward to the following day and i am ready to overcome any challenges. Great empowering culture, where every employee is always looking for growth and the company celebrate its combined success. Friendly, Fair and Fun

Pros

Employee is empowered to make their own decisions, plus daytime straight shifts. Good work/life balance

Cons

Pomotion,bonus/benefits are inevitable and just a really nice place to work.

Since ive started working at the cornish bakery ive become more than just a member of staff, we are a family. The thing i love most about working here is how organised and clear things are, also the pay/bonuses are really good and if your looking to earn promotion you wont go unnoticed!

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Socially draining

Cornish Values to the Core

I have worked for TCB over 7 years. From a Bakery Manager I now hold a position that is still encouraging my growth whilst working in my area of passion, growing and developing our teams, now being part of the L&D department. This shows that we like to progress from within, alongside building positive and engaged new teams with our new recruits and in new bakery openings. I get to drive all around the country visiting our amazing teams in gorgeous locations. There is always support available and our Stronger Together moto is fantastic, especially during the Covid crisis. Showing that we are a family that look after and support each other whilst achieving targets.

Pros

Staff benefits, great teams

Best core values

I got my job as an Assistant Manager with The Cornish Bakery in September 2019. I became an Acting Manager in December 2019 after the dismissal of the Store Manager. Although I didn't have a Store Manager until July 2020, my Area Manager was always there for me guiding me and coaching me on how to run the business. This has really helped with my self-development. The company has the best core values and really likes to live by them. It is hard work especially in peak season, but I personally find the job really rewarding. Upper management really knows how to motivate their staff to do their best at the work place and always have fun incentives for a job well done.

An organised, enjoyable place to work.

The first workplace that I have been called a team member and actually felt part of a team! I had a wonderful interview and they moved on with the process very fast with a trial shift soon after and getting the job within a few days. The managers are part of the team too and easy to talk to. There is plenty of training and skills you learn on the job e.g. barista training and scone making! It's very enjoyable serving the regular customers aswell as the many tourists and new people you get to interact with everyday.

Pros

50% discount, dog friendly, team spirit.

Cons

Smells too nice? / yet to find one

Great job

Great place to work! Although can be busy at times the team always make the day a lot better. Free coffee on shifts and 50% off food is a bonus. Great if your looking for a customer based job!

Pros

50% off food and free coffee on shifts, you will never work your birthday your given an extra day holiday to have it off

Enjoyable Place to work. Couldn't be any better

A great Place to work. All days are different and enjoyable. nice and friendly staff. You learn a great deal of new skills which will benefit you in the future such as customer service E.g how to provide the perfect service ensuring the customer leaves happy. Management is Great does whats best for the staff and shop. Most enjoyable Part of the job is learning new skills everyday and since being here i've learnt many new skills and enjoyed every moment

Pros

Discount for family and friends. Friendly Staff. Varients of shifts

Jobs at The Cornish Bakery

See more jobs

Busy and fun

I’m currently working for The Cornish Bakery and I must say that I absolutely love it. Being in the hospitality business for quite some time I’ve come to learn that this can be a stressful job, well, not at The Cornish Bakery. Even though busy it’s always fun and what a great place to be. I feel empowered and supported.

Nice and fun workplace!

Great place to work! All the staff are so lovely and management really understanding! I never dread going to work and always enjoy my shifts! Would definitely recommend working here.

Fun place to work, great atmosphere

Great place to work, people are really friendly and helpful, great area to be set, been working here for 6 months and it's been such an amazing experience, best place I've worked at so far.

Pros

50% off all products

Great work/life balance

I worked here for around 3 years as store manager. My experience over all has been a good one- I was lucky enough to have an amazing area manager who pushed and encouraged my personal growth. Company itself is growing and so more policies and procedures being put in place because of this, as expected. Overall fun but competitive culture between other stores and areas- great place to work but as management you would need to be 100% in it, not just for the salary but the experience too. Company did really look after all workers throughout covid in terms of safety and furlough.

Pros

50% off

Cons

Long summer hours

Work life ballance

I've worked here as a manager for 4 years now. The company culture and values is what it's all about. The fact that you speak and they listen is a huge bonus and makes you feel valued. There is a good wirk life ballance here which enables me to have a social and family life which is not always case in this industry

Pros

50% staff discount loyalty awards

Cons

Can sometimes be stressful but yo be expected in any job

Great Management and Fun-place to work

Fun place to workFriendly management Brilliant locations to work Supportive Would happily go back in a heart beat I would recommend the Cornish Bakery to anyone

Pros

Paid day off for your birthday

Excellent

Great manager great job great atmosphere 16 years and counting.Would recommend for a young starter aiming to rise through the ranks great opportunity for training and succession

Pros

Free coffee while working x2 50%staff discount as soon as you start

Cons

Haven't found one yet

Friendly, Positive work place

I have worked for the company now for about 18 months started out has Team leader within 6 months went to assistant manager to cover Maternity leave now I've become a Permanent Position as assistant manager. I feel that all Training that has been given has been positive And well-thought-out I like working for a company that listens to your views.Great place to work.

Pros

50% off lunch, Good bonus schemes

I love my job and everything

I enjoy working here because the staff members are brilliant and manger it’s supportive and my area oops manger is brilliant the hours are good and the incentives are good good team and place to work for

Pros

Great team

Cons

Contacted hours

Supportive management team and amazing opportunities

Ive been working for the cornish bakery now for 4 years and in that time i have gone from team member to head barista. With the support and help of the manager i have gone from not confident to finding my feet. The manager works they’re hardest to make sure the store runs as smoothly as possible and it always works out brilliantly. Sometimes in high season, it can be tuff and the days are tireing but it always ends up fine. it is a great place to work for im enjoying my role as head barista and supporting everyone with their coffee😊

Pros

Very lucky pay

A work/ home life balance with a buzz

After recently joining the Cornish bakery, I feel I have found a job that will give me all I’m looking for and more . Yes it’s hard work but what management job isn’t ? The working environment is fun and the team are fabulous . There are many ways you can take a career with this company and with the growth plan they have in place I am glad I am here to join the Cornish bakery journey .

Pros

Great team, fun work place, birthday off, career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cornish Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement