The Cornish Bakery

United Kingdom160 reviews

Clear

bakeryprogressioncoffeebirthdaylovelydiscountincentivecore

Excellent company

Great company to work for, always thinking about the employees and looking at ways to advance your career with them. Take time to coach and provide great training. Lovely atmosphere

Wouldn’t recommend

Best thing about this place is coffee culture. If you want great barista training and love high-end coffee - become head barista, you will love it. Unfortunately for other roles it’s not the same.

Pros

Staff discount on food, great coffee

Cons

Long hours, no overtime for managers, generally disorganised, high management turnover

Insights into The Cornish Bakery

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Fantastic company with excellent growth opportunities

Having been with this company for 10 years I have had a long-varied path starting out as an assistant manager I have not only progressed upwards though manager role and into Head office roles I have expanded my overall knowledge and skills through the learning and support culture that Cornish Bakery has in place. Over the years I have been received various perks as part of the Cornish Bakery’s Benefit programs from a bottle of champagne for special birthdays through to substantial performance-based bonus’s and have had the pleasure of working all over the UK again owing to the support given. I now support teams and managers at all levels in the business looking for excellence which starts with the best teams in store

Love working here

I love working for TCB. Love my team mates and colleagues. The company culture is great. Everyone I have met have been lovely and helpful. Great atmosphere in the office.

Productive and Energy Filled Job

I love working for The Cornish Bakery. There is always something new to learn and motivate you in your job role with a fabulously enthusiastic team to drive home the sales and team spirit. I would recommend the job to anyone as we are a Cornish Bakery Family who support each other through everyday to achieve the best results!

Collaborative, engaging and rewarding

I can honestly say I love working for the company otherwise I wouldn’t have stayed for 5 years. It’s innovative, following an amazing growth programme and really focusing on its development of people. It’s still hospitality and there are many challenges but the work life balance compared to many in the hospitality sector is a bonus and not to be dismissed. It’s an exciting time to join as we are developing our people, our culture and our portfolio.

Pros

Feedback is actioned, people first company

Cons

Too many changes in quick succession.

Hard work, long hours little reward (pay)

Loved working for this company and watching it grow. As with any business in the tourist sector, the work life balance suffered despite what they claim, but they were happy to accommodate personal circumstances to a point.Its a great job if you don't have children. Progression slows when you get to certain levels. Overall loved my years here naturally there was ups and downs, its a shame they can't reward loyal people with the higher salary they deserve and they have worked for, rather then offering the higher salary to the replacement, which I thought was very insulting. As for overtime expect to work unpaid. Wishing them all the best for the future.

Pros

Great culture led by a passionate owner

Cons

Long unsocial hours, always short staffed, always expected to just get on with it.

Excellent support and training.

As a new employee, I have felt very supported during my short time here. Excellent training provided on site and a great warm, friendly team already in place. Management always available and good network in place to connect with peers. Great career progressions available.

Feel part of a family!

Cornish Bakery is a great place to work. Food and drink you can be proud of to serve. Training to give the skills to do a great job. Engaged teams that make you feel like part of the family from Day 1. There is no better place to work

Fun workplace and fast paced!

Great place to work if you love being on your feet, working in a team and enjoy interacting with customers! Lots of incentives to work towards, bonuses, staff get togethers and great work life balance!

Productive and friendly working environment

Great management and friendly team to work along side. Would highly recommend to anyone. Always on hand help to any training or questions you may need to know.

Fantastic place to work

Very friendly and supportive love working with great staff and quality products, always look forward to going to work In the morning, I'll be here till i retire

Fun workplace , great working environment , good management

I started working for Cornish bakery in September last year , my first couple of shifts were very daunting and difficult as adapting to a new working environment, but once I got the hang of the role I've enjoyed every day , every shift and every moment.

Pros

Staff discount for lunches, enjoyable working environment, helpful staff

Cons

On your feet all day

Fun workplace with lovely employees & management.

The job is challenging but approachable. Customers are kind and colleagues are helpful. Management were amazing and made me feel respected. Would recommend the branch (and company) to anyone.

Pros

Atmosphere Kind staff Discounts

Cons

Additional time spent closing down

Great workplace

I have worked here for nearly 3 years and have always been empowered in my role. The company have a complete understanding of work life balance and supports their colleagues. Each day is different and challenging but always fun and everyone pulls together when needs must.

Pros

Fun, flexible, work life balance

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Fantastic company to work for, very supportive training wise from day one. Very busy day to day with the current difficulties with recruitment across hospitality but still very enjoyable and the lack of colleagues doesn't bother me! My manager has been very understanding and supportive both with my training and with some personal issues I have unexpectedly had outside of work recently. The culture is really positive and I love the 'people first' mentality; the total opposite from my previous job in retail. Lots of opportunities to learn new things and work up the career ladder. No late nights which is rare in hospitality! Love it here

Pros

Free hot drinks, no late nights, great work life balance, supportive management

Cons

Can be long hours but that's hospitality for you!

Great place to work and great team fun

Working at the cornish bakery with a friendly and enthusiastic team really makes me look forward to going to work each day. There is also always opportunities to improve and work your way up through the business and always current incentives to win and take part in.

Pros

50%off

Uplifting and Encouraging workplace

Cornish Bakery Salisbury has been an overwhelmingl positive place to have been employed. The branch is well managed, with uplifting and understanding colleagues. As a team member i have encouraged to try new areas of the job where training has been offered helpfully and patienty. The managers have always been understanding and flexible with work hours, happy to talk about what we need as team members. Would reccommend.

Pros

Lovely team

Hard and stressful, but worth it

The shop is incredibly popular and the work doesnt stop right up until your shift ends but you couldn't ask for a better working culture. Most of the management are really supportive and the team members are great.

Pros

Paid days off for birthdays

Cons

Poor work to life balance

High Standards, Strong Values

Join the company not long ago, after losing my previous job though Covid-19. In my 30+ years of service in the Catering industry, I have never experience this sense of belonging, and Joy everyday I am at work.I know look forward to the following day and i am ready to overcome any challenges. Great empowering culture, where every employee is always looking for growth and the company celebrate its combined success. Friendly, Fair and Fun

Pros

Employee is empowered to make their own decisions, plus daytime straight shifts. Good work/life balance

Cornish Values to the Core

I have worked for TCB over 7 years. From a Bakery Manager I now hold a position that is still encouraging my growth whilst working in my area of passion, growing and developing our teams, now being part of the L&D department. This shows that we like to progress from within, alongside building positive and engaged new teams with our new recruits and in new bakery openings. I get to drive all around the country visiting our amazing teams in gorgeous locations. There is always support available and our Stronger Together moto is fantastic, especially during the Covid crisis. Showing that we are a family that look after and support each other whilst achieving targets.

Pros

Staff benefits, great teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cornish Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement