The Derbyshire Hotel

The Derbyshire Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

A typical day there was just cleaning and helping out customers with whatever they wanted help with and making refreshments.

I learned how to check the PH of the hot tub, get more confidence and make new friends. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers and talking to them and getting to know them. The most hardest part were the hours as I have never worked 6 hour shifts before but I am now more confident in doing it.

Bullying

On the surface the Derbyshire/Holiday Inn Junction 28, appears to be a great place to work, with many long serving members of staff. However if your face does not fit even after years of service there is a serious bullying culture which is encouraged from the HR department. If you do not fit in with the management company ethos then be prepared to be "managed" out of your position no matter how good you are.

Okay

Take on staff through an agency just to let them go. Okay for temporary work not for permanent. Can be cliquey but most jobs are nowadays. heavy going work

not great

this was a two week work experience so not too much to say. the quality of the work experience is not great but also not the worst. overall would not recommend.

travel distance

I thoroughly enjoy working at the Derbyshire Hotel and i get on very well with everyone guests and colleagues included my colleagues have helped me through tough times, but i just find it to far to travel to on a day to day basis i end up spending more on petrol then what i earn in my wages (LOL).

Pros

free food

Cons

too far to travel

Somewhat a prejudiced/bullying nature

the current range of supervisors use specific people to do work for other members of staff that are part of their friends group. For example the managers and their friends would use me and other colleges to do all of their work why they did nothing. No break was present except working on breakfast shifts

Pros

non

Cons

poor management

loved my short stay with the hotel

loved meeting new people and enjoyed my feed back what i got back of the guests and having a close relationship with all that worked there

Pros

free lunches and 50% off all PH hotels

Cons

had to catch 2 buses there and 2 buses back made it a very long day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Derbyshire Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The Derbyshire Hotel with

The Derbyshire Hotel reviews by location

• The Derbyshire Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?