The Disabilities Trust

The Disabilities Trust Employee Reviews

I had a great time ,the only reason I left was purely down to location,got offered a similar job 7min from my house . Training was excellent ,managment very approachable.
Pros
Staff
Cons
For me location
5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we do appreciate them. We are so happy to hear you had a positive experience.
Absolutely shocking central services team are rude, the recruitment and HR teams in head office aren’t what they make themselves out to be and I can’t stress enough if you’re thinking of working for them don’t bother! The homes sound nice but not head office over worked and underpaid.
Overall I enjoyed my time at the trust. It was a good experience working with great people. The hours were long but it got them over with. Plenty of overtime available if needed and good pay for the sleeps.
5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we do appreciate them. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience.
Place in a total disaster left just as covid struck due to laack of equipment and leadership and got treated like a punch bag. Management are a disgrace and place is very dirty. No breaks left to your device then get pulled up for everything. Training is a disgrace. Very high staff turnover in the place worst move I ever made was working there. Staff are in cleeks and dont make you feel welcome. Complaint after
Pros
Cons
Disastrious
5 October 2020
We're very sorry to read your review. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its teams and services working together to achieve a common goal of providing the best possible service to our service users. Our service users are the heart of everything we do. If you would like to raise any concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.
Worked in the hospital for years... Seen staff come and go.. This is not a job for everyone. Takes a special kind of person to work here... But very rewarding
Pros
Support and opportunities..rewarding
Cons
Hard work
5 October 2020
Dreadful environment. Cliche management. Mistakes covered up depending on who is involved. Manager inappropriate and unapproachable. Worst place I have ever worked. Avoid.
5 October 2020
We're sorry to read your review. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its teams and services working together to achieve a common goal of providing the best possible service to our service users. We strive to create an open and honest working environment for all our people. If you would like to raise any concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.
I would highly recommend this company to anyone. Worked there for two years and loved every moment of it! Relaxed working environment and a great team.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Wage
5 October 2020
Toxic workplace un conducive to growth and being open as you can be certain there are others talking behind your back. The manager is actually ok but her cohorts are brainless clowns interested in themselves rather than residents.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor morale, staff are un helpful
26 June 2020
As a member of the staff team at Redford court. I can honestly say I have never working in a more dedicated setting. The team are constantly striving to give the best service to the service users and to provide round the clock support and rehabilitation. I could not wish to work for a better company.
Pros
Open door policy
26 June 2020
Thanks so much for your positive review! We really appreciate you taking the time out to say some kind words about us; you're living our values and having heart.
There were no career progression opportunities. Management were awful. They have no idea how to manage a service. Service users are not prioritised over financial gain. Unable to do your job well when staff numbers are low. It's the type of place where if your face fits you'll be ok. People aren't promoted fairly based on work ethic. Good place to get experience as many places want employees with experience working with people who display challenging behaviour.
Pros
Enhanced weekend and bank holiday payments l.
Cons
The online training took days to complete which should be paid.
26 June 2020
We're sorry to read your review which raises some concerns for us as an organisation. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on putting our service users first. We are an organisation that encourages career progression within our services and provide opportunities to transfer internally to other roles and services across the UK.We have an experienced People Services team who are always available to listen to any concerns our employees raise.If you would like to raise these concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.
A person centred approach to clients and managerial support not adequate. Handling of training and supervision needs improvement and a review of salary for Team Leaders and support staff.
10 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback; your feedback is valued. The Disabilities Trust welcomes feedback and encourages our team members to provide feedback via their Service Manager or People Business Partner, or you can also e-mail csshr@thedtgroup.org.
I have worked here for over 4 years now and still enjoy my job, yes it can be busy and challenging but great place to work. There is a good team and if you come with a positive attitude and work ethic you will fit in well. Manager very down to earth and approachable, will always support you as much as she can. GAH is full of characters with great stories (and thats just the nurses) its never dull at Gah.
it's a fun, enjoyable job. No two days are ever the same. different qualifications. challenging behaviours. driving around. all sorts of different challenges throughout the day.
As a support worker, I always strive to make sure that the living conditions of the people I support is improved. Once a service user is assigned to me, I would make sure that I professionally carry all the routines attached to working with the aforementioned person thereby feeling fulfilled for achieving my goal and putting a smile on the person.
I thoroughly enjoy working at the disabilities trust, I love the people I work with both my management team and those I manage. The people we support are given the beat care and support and the SLT clearly care about the all the people in the trust.
24 February 2020
The Trust generally needs stronger direction to fulfill its aims. There is a lack of long term vision which leads to a lack of collaboration across different workstreams.
24 February 2020
We're sorry to read your review. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its teams and services working together to achieve a common goal of providing the best possible service to our service users.We strive to create a great working environment for all our people and welcome ideas and suggestions via management and people services.If you would like to raise any concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.
Honestly, there are no accurate words to describe this horror of a workplace. I lasted three weeks here due to bullying from management and lack of support. I had the flu and was threatened to be fired even though I had been signed off by my doctor. Management ALLOW the residents to beat the support workers to the point where we are in so much pain it's unbearable and we are told to get on with it. A resident purposefully burned me with his lighter, and when I told the staff they laughed it off even though I immediately blistered. Some of the staff are unpleasant and look down on you, and the senior staff are the nicest people in that place. Management are just plain awful and the care of the residents is just as bad. There are definitely some favoritism issues there and this place NEEDS to be shut down.
17 February 2020
We're sorry to read your review which raises some concerns for us as an organisation. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its policies and procedures to protect both service users and our people. Ensuring our people work in a safe environment is a priority, as is working within people who are respectful of each other. We take allegations of bullying and drug use very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the environment and people are protected. We have an experienced Human Resources team who are always available to listen to any concerns our employees raise.If you would like to raise these concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our HR team will respond to you promptly. Also, our Whistleblowing line (01444 258599) is open to anyone, including current and former employees like yourself.
Terrible place to work. Senior management are bullies.They will tell you there is an open culture. There isn't an open culture. The values are meaningless. Risk averse, scared of change, leaders who don't have a clue how to lead. People are treated really badly and I could not wait to leave. Worst company I have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with.
17 February 2020
We're sorry to read your review which raises some concerns for us as an organisation. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its policies and procedures to protect both service users and our people. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure the environment and people are protected ; if any of our people feel they are not being treated fairly we have in place procedures our employees can follow to ensure they are listened to. We have an experienced People Services team who are always available to listen to any concerns our employees raise.If you would like to raise these concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly. Also, our Whistleblowing line (01444 258599) is open to anyone, including current and former employees like yourself.
The workplace was supported living supporting adults with learning disabilities to be as independent as possible on a daily basis. Support work was enjoyable and varied quite often doing different daily tasks with adults with varying needs of support. Team leader position was very different and stressful at times- sometimes no help from management so had to make decisions on the spot. Staff team were for the most time supportive but at other times very unhelpful especially when new tasks where handed to them ie weekly audits. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Service Users, they all had varying needs and required varied types of support from staff.
17 February 2020
Thanks so much for your positive review! You're living our values, especially connected, courageous, and having heart.
I have worked here for 10 years I absolutely love my job, yes it can be challenging and hard work but feel the majority of staff pull together to support each other and most importantly the service users who have had a brain injury and can be unpredictable.
28 January 2020
Thanks so much for your positive review! It's great to hear that you feel that your peer group are so supportive, You're living our values, especially connected, courageous, and having heart.
This is the worst place that I have ever worked as an RSW you are treated like a human punching bag and constantly degraded and verbally abused by the service user Management does nothing about it, there is a horrible culture of bullying by management, the RSW are overworked overtired and undervalued with staff often not getting their full break entitlement they allow the servicer users to rule the roost and never do anything about it, it is rare the you leave a shift at gah where you feel like you have accomplished anything most of the time you leave work wondering why you even got out of bed in the morning, you are promised the world to get you in the door like career advancement and opportunity for growth but this is a lie after working there for a few weeks you will soon realise that this is all to get you in the door, they do not care about the patients only the money, this is supposed to be a brain injury unit but its more of a drug and alcohol unit, the management couldnt run a bath never mind a shift. the rotas are never done right and they don't care you need to sort it with the RSW if you have a holiday prior to starting they will moan about honouring it making you feel like you shouldn't have booked a holiday, The management is so unprofessional telling the nurses not to become friendly with RSW they have also been caught having "mothers meetings" about the RSW to the nursing and clinical staff, the head of care is an ogre and will make you feel worthless if your face doesn't fit, its quite obvious from working here if your face doesn't fit they will make you leave - more...
28 January 2020