The Disabilities Trust

The Disabilities Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom112 reviews

trustsupportdisabilityservicestaffseniorleaderteam

Stressful

Stressful environment not enough staff , fullOf agency managers are always rushed off feet , it’s a busy place and you need to be fit , waiting for induction training can take ages

Pros

Free food

Cons

Have to work overtime

Good company to work for

This company looks after its employees well and you get out of it what you are prepared to put in it. As it is shift work it offers some work/life balance. It provides good rehabilitation and support for the people who are referred here.

Pros

rolling Rota, meals provided on shift, experienced team

Cons

shift work

Insights into The Disabilities Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Interesting

Worked alongside some great people. Day to day was unique and challenging but often fun. No input from the higher ups, which meant a lot of things were not up to standard.

Challenging

Very challenging role, no breaks unless you work a 14 hour shift. Colleagues helpful and friendly, overloaded with theory training for first 2 weeks with not much of a chance to put into practice, can feel very overwhelming if not worked in care before

Relaxed but stressful

Relaxed but stressful.......Have good shifts and bad, management are good but could be more supportive of staff, pay in line with care work but still on low side

Productive, satisfactory

Productive output of work supporting people who acquired brain injury. Great rehabilition support given to the clients, and the clients' own families and friends too.

Amazing organisation

Amazing organisation, very supportive of learning and development. Feel very valued as a member of my team.Great benefits, staff and a managementIT issues are occasionally problematic

Pros

Great benefits, staff and a management.

Cons

IT issues are occasionally problematic

Recommend

Im lucky enough to have very supportive managers, who are always approachable, care for their staff and the service users. I feel valued within the team who I work with.

Fun service users and nice staff

Good team to work with, team leader was always apporoachable when I was there. Due to being a small team it was diffcult to cover shifts when someone rang in sick.

Pros

£1 extra at weekends

Cons

Short staffed sometimes

Work with incredible people, extremely poor salary.

Generally, the disabilities trust is a good place to work, although the salary for what the staff do is poor. Staff retention is appalling and there is a high use off agency staff due to there being no incentives for permanent staff to pick up overtime.

Pros

Work with great people

Cons

Very poor wages Poor staff retention

Very rewarding

Fast paced and not for the faint hearted - be prepared to work hard. Given the service user group that you work with, you need to be prepared for challenging situations, but on the whole it is a very rewarding job.

Pros

Annual Leave Stakeholder payments Training

Cons

Hourly rate

Disabilities Trust workplace in York is well organized and friendly. It's a healthy and compassionate caring environment.

Working at the trust has been a positive and transformative experience. Getting to know many of our clients has been rewarding. I've discovered a lot about myself and have grown as a person. I now see disabilities in a new way. The staff at the disabilities Trust, have been supportive and encouraging.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Nothing really

Supportive management, team leader and floor staffr

Peace of mind regarding the job security.Most of the colleagues 96‰ are nice and friendly.Team Leader supportive.Excellent top management team. Recommended.

Pros

Security and excellent work balance.

Cons

Insignificant.

Hate this place. Have been beaten up by service users

Looking for a new job everyday. This place is a joke and couldn’t run a bath. I come into work do my job and go. There is no incentive to get any higher in position. The wages are terrible and we have no close senior management to ask for help.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Great company to work for. Great support, right structure in place to support you to do your job for the best for the people you support.Very supportive management.

Pros

Supportive company

Cons

Spent a long time here but its gone down hill

I spent the best part of 10 years working in the Milton Keynes services. When i joined you could see it was a passionate place with lots of support from senior management and the local manager was fantastic.Over the years though its become moreAbout money and less about the people living there. The senior management are a joke and if you are not a yes man/women then you wont make the cut and will be gone. Hence i left.

Pros

Cons

No support from senior managers

Stressful and draining

Awful !!!! Would not reccomend working for the disabilities trust in cramlington. Understaffing makes everyone stressed. Some of the staff there are terrible no patience or caring attitude. Not qualified or just cant be bothered to do their job properly. Management are also terrible prefer to brush problems under the carpet instead of addressing them. Work politics ..... joke !!!! Nothing is confidential..... amount of backstabbing is appalling. AVOID !!!!

Pros

Cons

The whole set up.

Disgraceful Management and Over worked!

Absolutely shocking central services team are rude, the recruitment and HR teams in head office aren’t what they make themselves out to be and I can’t stress enough if you’re thinking of working for them don’t bother! The homes sound nice but not head office over worked and underpaid.

5 March 2021
We're sorry to read your review. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its teams and services working together to achieve a common goal of providing the best possible service to our service users. We strive to create an open and honest working environment for all our people. If you would like to raise any concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.

Very down to earth staff

I had a great time ,the only reason I left was purely down to location,got offered a similar job 7min from my house . Training was excellent ,managment very approachable.

Pros

Staff

Cons

For me location

5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we do appreciate them. We are so happy to hear you had a positive experience.

Overall I enjoyed my time at the trust. It was a good experience working with great people. The hours were long but it got them over with. Plenty of overtime available if needed and good pay for the sleeps.

5 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we do appreciate them. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience.

Disgrace of a workplace

Place in a total disaster left just as covid struck due to laack of equipment and leadership and got treated like a punch bag. Management are a disgrace and place is very dirty. No breaks left to your device then get pulled up for everything. Training is a disgrace. Very high staff turnover in the place worst move I ever made was working there. Staff are in cleeks and dont make you feel welcome. Complaint after

Pros

Cons

Disastrious

5 October 2020
We're very sorry to read your review. The Disabilities Trust is a national charity which prides itself on its teams and services working together to achieve a common goal of providing the best possible service to our service users. Our service users are the heart of everything we do. If you would like to raise any concerns with us, please get in touch at CSSHR@thedtgroup.org and one of our People Services team will respond to you promptly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Disabilities Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The Disabilities Trust with

Learn about The Disabilities Trust in popular locations

• The Disabilities Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?