The Edinburgh Driveway Company

Sales1 review
United Kingdom1 review

Showing the only review

Unpredictable, unprofessional & unrealistic

It’s all birds chirping and sunshine and rainbows at the start. Doesn’t seem to bad. But slowly over time you notice this is not the UK’s leading Landscaping and Driveway company, it’s an office with no idea where they actually want to go or how to treat staff without bullying, manipulation and power games. If you like the movie Wall Street and like Gordon Gekko, without the ability and charm then you’ll love it here! If you are given roles & responsibilities your onto a winner. You may have a chance of being semi successful. If not, enjoy not having a clue what your day will look like. The job adverts are just as good as what they are written on, company car after trial period! Better make sure you get that in your contact! Commission, enjoy that extremely unattainable target. Customers are loved at the beginning but if they need future assistance they are put on the back burner, as work coming in is more important that previous customers once they been paid. Being money hungry isn’t a bad thing but when staff are all on different wage brackets it isn’t a real motivator when you hear they are getting pay rises or performance bonus for doing their job! At least they know what there job is. It all comes down to a company portraying an imagine with the big office with only a couple of people in it, terrible leadership, no training “systems” in place; all to massage the ego of a glorified salesman that has hit the lucky pot. If only customers knew what really goes on behind the scenes they’d think twice, that’s for sure. Prepare yourself for workplace that says they -

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

Where to start

Official response from The Edinburgh Driveway Company

18 February 2021
Hello Jack. Thank you for your review. In all my time in this company I have never given more to an employee than I gave to you so my staff must be really harshly treated if this is the case.As you are well aware myself and Claire are very involved in mindset and mental health and rather than display everything we done for you and everything you done wrong and the numerous girls you upset I’m going to finish this with one fact. During one of your “bad weeks” I actually sat you down, handed you a complimentary country club membership (which all our staff have) and gave you the facility to use the club whenever you wanted even IN WORKING HOURS to help YOUR mindset (failed) . I purchased a e-cig to help your stopping smoking (failed) and even bought you a book I thought you might like to lift your spirits and took you for numerous after work drinks.I’m sorry it didn’t work for you during your time in this company but THAT is how We treat our staff.

Insights into The Edinburgh Driveway Company

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Edinburgh Driveway Company?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Edinburgh Driveway Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 review