The Entertainer

The Entertainer Employee Reviews

My team is great friendly and always helping each other out to get tasks done. Salary could be a bit more for how busy and hectic it can get towards xmas time- especially 18+ as they’re on the same salary as a 16 year old employee which isn’t so great. Benefits are ok, can’t really use jacks treasure chest no one seems to have heard of it better with just an over all discount at places really
I started as a Christmas temp and worked my way up to a Supervisor position. My time at the Entertainer was amazing. I loved it. The company really cares for their staff and it's generally a great environment to work in . I 100% regret leaving the company.
Pros
Benefits, profit related bonus, friendly, great management / owners, monthly insentives, module pay increase, conference calls twice weekly (with updates and discuss sales)
Cons
No really anything. -
I only worked there as a Christmas temp, but the pay is good, staff are so friendly, management is excellent, shifts are flexible, would 100% work here again
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Work late
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Entertainer. The staff were friendly, helpful and dealt amazingly well with the pressures of Christmas retail - true professionals. It was a great opportunity for me to learn how to deal with the pressures of fast-paced retail and customer service and I feel like the store team were always there to help me increase my confidence in the role.
It’s a fun job with loads of perks including playing with some of the toys. Friendly co-workers with a relaxed environment, some targets to reach but are always easily obtained.
Excellent collegues to work with. All super friendly. Training on the job. Hours to suit and loads of overtime available if wanted and needed. Fun place to work.
22 December 2020
Hi! We're really glad to hear you are enjoying your job at The Entertainer! Please get in touch if you would like to discuss anything else with us at responses@theentertainer.comWe hope you and your family have a very Merry and safe Christmas.
My manager made that team and the team loved the manager. Organised and fair Daily rota from tills to replenishment, sales to deliveries. Can't fault them & every Sunday off without fail is always a plus. I worked temporarily at one of their busier stores over Christmas and moved on to a different full time job. Highly recommend. One star lost for assistant manager with a repetitively poor attitude.
Pros
Easy work, happy environment, good team, fun place.
Cons
Tiny tea room.
22 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review!We're really happy to hear that you had a mostly pleasant experience at our Orpington store, and we're sorry about the staff room being so small, hopefully that made it nice and cosy at least!If you would like to discuss with us further, anything else, please get in touch with responses@theentertainer.com and we would be happy to help.Stay safe, and we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
I was critically ill and medical evidence recommending my return to work because I was fit to was ignored. I left with nothing but a massive feeling of disappointment given the potential and excitement I had when I was initially offered the role. My experience has left me anxious when I see any opportunity that I feel would be something I could find challenging, the opportunity to progress and that is a chance for a long, settled career.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to List
23 December 2020
Hi, We are sorry to hear you felt this way and hope that you are feeling much better now. Please get in touch with us at responses@theentertainer.com if there is anything you would like to discuss with us further.Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
I worked at The Entertainer for 4 years whilst attending university! I was a Christmas Crew member originally before they employed me full time.What a pleasure it was to work for a family-orientated company. They were extremely caring and took your personal situations very seriously. They would make every effort to move your shifts if something came up. I made great relationships with colleagues, always feeling supported. I now have friends for life.Don't get me wrong, there are times where it was extremely challenging, especially during the Christmas period. You will be busy putting out stock, ordering items into store, creating customer relationships, demonstrating products, setting up promotions etc. However, when looking back at my time there, it was probably the most fun I've ever had. The workplace culture is very different at The Entertainer in comparison to anywhere else. Area managers and those above not only look to employ intelligent retail managers with the knowledge and drive to take the company forward, but they ask for that little bit more. They search for those who will bring a fun, exciting atmosphere and be there for all staff members at all times.I wouldn't hesitate to go back if there was a position in the company that suited me. I highly reccommend this company to anyone out there. Whether you are looking for a part time job or to sink your teeth into the business and move into the company looking for that special career. There are plenty of opportunities to better yourself with online training and modules, as well as internal opportunities for promotions - more...
Pros
Management including board members respectful and caring. Great atmosphere. Can be very rewarding.
Cons
Christmas period very busy. Sometimes long hours.
Amazing place to work. Management was amazing. Christmas was busy, but the music and the staff made it a great place to work. Seeing kids writing their letters to Santa. Won’t be the same this year without the demos.
Pros
Friendly staff
7 October 2020
Hi!Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We love hearing about how people enjoy working in our stores, and Christmas is the most brilliant time to experience it working in a toy shop.It sound's like you may be joining us again this year, so we wish you the best of luck in your store and hope you have an equally great experience with us.Thanks
Fun place to work and great time demoing toys. Decent retail wage and lots of work during summer and Christmas. Great bunch of people to work with barr the supervisor at the time who was unprofessional and a bully to myself and other staffmates and made it quite miserable at times to work there. Apart from that I've made some lifelong friends there and the owner of the company is probably one of the nicest professional people I have ever met
Pros
Fun shifts, busy, making kids smile
Cons
Random shifts, bad supervisor(at time)
27 August 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. Although we are happy to read about some of your experiences working at our store in Truro, we are concerned by some points you have made and would very much like to discuss these with you. Please can you contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
Staff were constantly giving me dirty looks or very obviously talking about me behind my back. Manager nor HR did anything after I reported the behaviour.
Cons
Rude staff, disorganised working environment
27 August 2020
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are concerned about the points you have raised. Please can you contact us directly via Responses@TheEntertainer.com so we can discuss this further with you.
I worked at the entertainer in Birkenhead wirral. I was a Christmas Temp there and loved every minute of it. The interview was great even down to the staff there they were always very helpful and nice. My wages were always paid on time and it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great place good breaks good wages
Cons
Wasnt taken on after Christmas
27 August 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We would also like to say thank you for all your hard work with us as a Christmas Temp in Birkenhead. If you would like to contact us directly or enquire about any future vacancies in your local area, please contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
There were a lot of employers that were not payed, and they have been not payed for over a year. I should think after a year of work experience there, they should surely be able to pay them. The manager was not understanding to his employees and were to harsh.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Long hours with no pay
20 July 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. We are concerned by the points you have raised and we would like to discuss this further with you. Please can you email us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
Working at The Entertainer was a joyous 2 years, working in a couple of different stores helped me gain much needed experience. I started in the Bluewater branch which yes at times can be busy but the team pull through. I then transferred to the Chatham store which gave me more responsibility than I had previously. The staff in every store always go above and beyond to do their best. Alongside respected pay, you have the chance to earn more through modules and go on courses. The staff are all amazing and I keep up with some of them regularly, amazing!
27 August 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience working with us. We would like to say thank you for all your hard work and wish you all the best. If there's anything you would like to discuss with us directly, please email Responses@TheEntertainer.com
Worked at the Welwyn Garden City branch when I was a student. I liked the job but the management was one big bully culture. None of us afraid of hard work but managers assumed we were all lazy because we were young. Supervisor and manager would constantly make up rumours/slag off staff within earshot/ bully staff as well as not be afraid to show their favourites (we were all students/young/first jobs so we didn’t know that this behaviour was unacceptable. Not a bad company but please review the bully culture within management.
27 August 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are concerned about the points you have raised and we would like to discuss this confidentially with you. Please can you email us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
My time there was amazing would definitely recommend it to anyone it's a thought job but the staff make it all worth it and you always go away loving your job
12 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your positive review. Its great to see its a great place to work in Manchester Arndale.
it is none paid but it is a nice place and also fun shop to get work experience but it was more hands on job and more stressful work place to work and need more shift
12 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. We would like to say thank you for all your hard work while completing your works experience with us in our Manchester Arndale store. It's great to see you think it's a nice place to work.
Very welcoming Friendly Very organised Understanding Time consuming Trust worthy Kind Neatly set out Tidy Very safe for costumers Safe place to work Always thinking of others
Pros
Get discount
9 March 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. It's great to read about your positive experience working with us in our Staines branch. We will pass this on to the relevant management team.
The job itself is great if you like kids, helping customers and interacting with family's was really great however the assistant manager made everyone's life very difficult, making members cry. If you didn't walk the way she wanted for example she'd embarrass you in front of everyone and when confronted about it would scream, cry and walk out, She ruined what could have been a wonderful job. She created an environment at work that made everyone fearful. Constantly talking about team members and their inefficiency to other members of the team. really unfortunate for a woman that's been there for so many years and at a number of different stores. She even went through peoples personal files and read out sections to us, including one regarding a woman she got fired from another store.
9 March 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are concerned by the points you have raised and we would like to discuss these with you confidentially and investigate further. Please can you contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
Good place to work started off as Christmas crew but have been given lots of overtime and advancement opportunities. Great pay eccpecially for teenagers. Really fun work place and nice and relaxed but not boring.
9 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. It's great to see you find working in our Maidstone store fun. We will pass on your positive comments to the management team of the store.
  1. Employee reviews