The Estée Lauder Companies
Happiness score is 81 out of 100

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom262 reviews

Found 262 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,150 reviews

Very helpful with work schedule

Great place to work with great people. The only thing I would think the hourly wage for the assemblers should be a little bit higher it was just raised but before that it was about minimum wage.

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Just just recently gave the workers a raise who can still use a little more.

Very fun place to work

Very easy job, good pay for what you have to do get a bonus every year and also get a goodie bag what consists of makeup what is perfect for saving money.

Cons

Have to wear a mask

A bit disappointing for such an esteemed brand

Day to day job is easy and enjoyable. Its the extra bits demanded that are tedious and arduous to complete with no support or resources to do so. As they become part of your actual job there is no compensation for the extra work load. Work environment is dated and not fit for purpose so has become cluttered and can be difficult to find space to work. People are trying to change and upgrade but they are met with limited resources to do the job properly so important things are missed. Leading to processes not implemented properly or effectively, making the day job harder. The processes in place are out dated and have been patch improved when necessary instead of overhauling to modernize and be in keeping with other manufactures.Wages aren't bad but are not reflective of the living wage for the area. 2 goody boxes a year and the staff discount on products is a lovely perk if you are a user of their brands. They are willing to facilitate growth and development within the role but there are little to no Jnr management positions to progress too. There is a great diversity of people working here. The people I've worked with directly are lovely and go above and beyond for their job. Overall its been a bit disappointing working here but people are a joy and if you can just do your job its easy money.

Pros

Diversity of people, Staff discount off products

Cons

Expect to take on a lot more than your job role

It's okay

Easy work and good pay long hours and repetitive also no job security due to seasonal demandOffered free lunch and bonus payments over the busiest period

Pros

Shop

Cons

Not reliable work

Well established company that tries hard to support workers despite the fact it's output driven. It doesn't get it right all the time but no worse than other companies and maybe a bit better. It's a complicated process with many departments working together to improve quality and output.

Pros

Goody bags, very good wages

Cons

Can be clicky on shop floor

productive and I enjoy working,its just that I think I have to go out in my comfort zone to be able to experience more.

I would like to have experience working in this kind of culture,and at the same time I had a few friends working in call center and they find it enjoyable too,I wanted also to try and give my best to this new path.

Pros

free transportation

Cons

long hours or grave yard

Exciting fun and fast paced

One of the best companies to work for, professional and accommodating. The management were brilliant and very supportive. The product is of high quality and the discount offered is generous. The wages could be better for managerial positions given the gap between manager and supervisor salary is very close. Overall the company look after you and reward you well with bonuses and discounts.

Pros

Good bonuses

Cons

Manager pay rates a little low

At complete blast to work where I did

I had a ball working for Estée Lauder Unfortunately management changedAs time went on a lot of changes Goal post movedIncentives not always seen throughPay constantly I mean constantly incorrect

Pros

Taken away twice a year for training including abroad once a year

Cons

Having to get up at 1.30am and pay constantly wrong

Good company to work for.

With them for many years. Loved working for them. Helps if you're area manager is good. I had a few. One made my life a misery. You can move up the ladder of you want to. Very competitive do gluttonous target and you will have a easy task me. If you don't do target your made to feel guilty !!

Pros

Got a christmas present every year!

Cons

If your face fits you would have a easy life!

Excellent place to work

It's a lovely place to work in as I enjoy it and the people are amazing and have a lots of fun talking to each other so that way I said it a lovely

A great career

Esree lauder are a great company to work for, lots of opportunities, work satisfaction, great and interactive training. Your able to buy products at a reduce rate. Uniform supplied.

Pros

Trial of products

Cons

You will do well if you are the Area Manager’s favourite

The management at Estee Lauder will only promote who they like. They don’t care about you as a person. If they want to make someone look good because that person might fit their vision for the brand they wont care about the person’s character , honesty or if they perform well in their job. The managers will turn a blind eye if it means their favourite gets promoted.In the London area the staff is told what to say when visits from US are announced which makes everything staged and fake!The managers are not keen on weekends off either, you wont be having too many of those! I would not reccomend working there. The targets are unrealistic... they want you to sell 2 products to each customer worth £65 or more. There is a lot of pressure on employees to find customers in store and sell as much as possible. Staff is also encouraged to call customers from the data base to offer them free appointments just so they can sell more. You are also meant to keep track of all these activities and report them via Whatsapp daily to your line manager.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Too many politics.

Loosing pace with innovation - mis-guided management - blame culture

Initially excited to gain a Work Area Manager (WAM) position at this prestigious company, I was quicky dissapointed! Despite having daily meetings to add more & more KPI's to an already extensive list of daily measurements, there was no appitite to address the fundimental operational flaws; No SOP's leading to ill-thought out CAPA's - which more often than not negatively impacted the business elsewhere (..and the cycle repeats...). Replenishment of the pick lines was treated as an afterthought - despite being a main cause of pick errors. Solutions offered up to Senior managers, but sadly fell on deaf ears. They much preferred pointing the finger of blame, or adding yet more KPI's, rather than working colaboratively towards a robust CAPA. When there I was one of 4 operational WAM's (Goods In, Pick, Pack, Despatch), but for some reason there were 4 Operations Managers (2 Senior) too - all with differing agendas! - enough said. The Ops manager I reported into was simply out of his depth. Terrible culture. I had to leave after just 3 months - simply couldn't stand it.

Pros

Pay, discounted staff shop, canteen.

Cons

Stuck in the past, no unified CI strategy, blame culture.

Very Productive , fun a Great leader in the industry to be part of.

Having spent many years , in total 18 at Airport and 5 years + in high street . Estée Lauder is an iconic Brand and evolves constantly . The whole Ethos of the Co is Perfect and to have worked for this Co I am Truly Thankful. All I have learnt and who I am today because of this brand .

Pros

Meeting new and interesting clients every day

Cons

I just loved working for this company

All round, I absolutely loved working for Estee lauder, it is one of my biggest regrets, Choosing to leave this wonderful company. It is a fashion forward brand that is well advance in technology, Fabulous update training & fun to work for. Fab customers, And I had the utmost respect for my area manager....WONDERFUL!

Pros

Just an overall wonderful company.

Cons

Target expectations reality, as online is more the way to go for many customers these days, They must review targets in reflection to this.

Brilliant company to work for, but shame the management was Micromanaged

The company it’s self are brilliant to work for with great benefits if run by a good management. Unfortunately ours changed after a couple of months and the manager was awful, very micromanaged and did not care about staffs well being, to the point of people having mental health problems.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Not a good work/life balance

The best place I’ve ever worked

I’ve worked for several different retail companies and Estée Lauder is by far the best company I’ve worked for. They really take good care of their staff. Great support from management. Amazing discount, good bonus and a lovely working atmosphere. I’ve been here for 2 years now and think I’ll happily work for this company for the rest of my working life.

Pros

Bonus, discount, good management, advancement opportunities

Cons

Weekend work

Nice part time job

Good company to work for, nice perks and inclusion. Often required to cover holiday but I was working in a small team. Minimal supervision. Good training. As with all retail peak times and weekend working expected.

Pros

Free products, discount

Cons

Weekends, quite boring when quiet.

There's better jobs/companies

The discount on all products is the best thing about working for them. Other than that its a no from me for many many reasons. There's a lot better companies and jobs out there for the pay, management, customers and basically just all people surrounding this type of business.

Customer satisfaction very rewarding

I really enjoyed my time working with Estee Lauder and I would definitely recommend working with the company. I got amazing job satisfaction working there and making people feel good about themselves.

Pros

Discount on products

The best job i had

It was the best job that I had it was a pleasure for me to work there and hopefully I will find one the same! I was very happy there, the people was very friendly and it was a good job!

Pros

I will recommend this job to everyone

Cons

Maybe the only thing that i regret is that i dont work anymore there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Estée Lauder Companies with

• The Estée Lauder Companies
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?