The Estée Lauder Companies

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Having spent many years , in total 18 at Airport and 5 years + in high street . Estée Lauder is an iconic Brand and evolves constantly . The whole Ethos of the Co is Perfect and to have worked for this Co I am Truly Thankful. All I have learnt and who I am today because of this brand .
Pros
Meeting new and interesting clients every day
Cons
The management at Estee Lauder will only promote who they like. They don’t care about you as a person. If they want to make someone look good because that person might fit their vision for the brand they wont care about the person’s character , honesty or if they perform well in their job. The managers will turn a blind eye if it means their favourite gets promoted.In the London area the staff is told what to say when visits from US are announced which makes everything staged and fake!The managers are not keen on weekends off either, you wont be having too many of those! I would not reccomend working there. The targets are unrealistic... they want you to sell 2 products to each customer worth £65 or more. There is a lot of pressure on employees to find customers in store and sell as much as possible. Staff is also encouraged to call customers from the data base to offer them free appointments just so they can sell more. You are also meant to keep track of all these activities and report them via Whatsapp daily to your line manager.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Too many politics.
Initially excited to gain a Work Area Manager (WAM) position at this prestigious company, I was quicky dissapointed! Despite having daily meetings to add more & more KPI's to an already extensive list of daily measurements, there was no appitite to address the fundimental operational flaws; No SOP's leading to ill-thought out CAPA's - which more often than not negatively impacted the business elsewhere (..and the cycle repeats...). Replenishment of the pick lines was treated as an afterthought - despite being a main cause of pick errors. Solutions offered up to Senior managers, but sadly fell on deaf ears. They much preferred pointing the finger of blame, or adding yet more KPI's, rather than working colaboratively towards a robust CAPA. When there I was one of 4 operational WAM's (Goods In, Pick, Pack, Despatch), but for some reason there were 4 Operations Managers (2 Senior) too - all with differing agendas! - enough said. The Ops manager I reported into was simply out of his depth. Terrible culture. I had to leave after just 3 months - simply couldn't stand it.
Pros
Pay, discounted staff shop, canteen.
Cons
Stuck in the past, no unified CI strategy, blame culture.
All round, I absolutely loved working for Estee lauder, it is one of my biggest regrets, Choosing to leave this wonderful company. It is a fashion forward brand that is well advance in technology, Fabulous update training & fun to work for. Fab customers, And I had the utmost respect for my area manager....WONDERFUL!
Pros
Just an overall wonderful company.
Cons
Target expectations reality, as online is more the way to go for many customers these days, They must review targets in reflection to this.
The company it’s self are brilliant to work for with great benefits if run by a good management. Unfortunately ours changed after a couple of months and the manager was awful, very micromanaged and did not care about staffs well being, to the point of people having mental health problems.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a good work/life balance
I’ve worked for several different retail companies and Estée Lauder is by far the best company I’ve worked for. They really take good care of their staff. Great support from management. Amazing discount, good bonus and a lovely working atmosphere. I’ve been here for 2 years now and think I’ll happily work for this company for the rest of my working life.
Pros
Bonus, discount, good management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Weekend work
Good company to work for, nice perks and inclusion. Often required to cover holiday but I was working in a small team. Minimal supervision. Good training. As with all retail peak times and weekend working expected.
Pros
Free products, discount
Cons
Weekends, quite boring when quiet.
The discount on all products is the best thing about working for them. Other than that its a no from me for many many reasons. There's a lot better companies and jobs out there for the pay, management, customers and basically just all people surrounding this type of business.
I really enjoyed my time working with Estee Lauder and I would definitely recommend working with the company. I got amazing job satisfaction working there and making people feel good about themselves.
Pros
Discount on products
It was the best job that I had it was a pleasure for me to work there and hopefully I will find one the same! I was very happy there, the people was very friendly and it was a good job!
Pros
I will recommend this job to everyone
Cons
Maybe the only thing that i regret is that i dont work anymore there!
Loved working for the Estée Lauder corporation they take pride in their employees and help them develop. From one to one coaching to management online training programs.
I genuinely loved working for this company and I would definitely consider returning in the future. One of the only few companies where I felt happy and was appreciated by other members of staff. The work culture is also great and the vast majority of people seem happy to be there and happy to help. The workload was fairly high but that stopped the day getting boring. Only issue is a lack of desire to maintain staff.
Pros
Great cafe
Cons
Pay could be better
I was employed through Buzz Recruitment for seasonal work. I worked full time on a 6 - 2 shift, mainly. I checked product orders were correct, processed and packaged them. All incomplete or inaccurate orders were returned to the picking section. Once packaged and gift wrapped in some cases, the package was conveyed to the Dispatch area. At the start and finish of the shift you logged in on the main computer. During peak production times logged both in and out within your selected packing zone, when you had a break in shift.
Pros
Good pay rate. Overtime opportunities. good shift pattern with NO Weekend work
Cons
Simply, that it was seasonal rather than ongoing
Really enjoyed working there even if only a temp. Warehouse and factory work. Packing and picking on the factory floor. Learnt to shrink wrap. Waist management.
Good Work Life Balance Strong Management within the company Recommend to a friend Family Oriented to take care of employees fast paced environment
Good place to work, it’s the people that make the place, not the job. It’s fine to work there until they use your sick notes against you and lay you off.
Terrible company to work for as they do not respect employees and encourage bullying on the counters When you speak to the area managers they do nothing as they are Iacking experience. They have fabourites.
If your face fits your laughing but even if your actually better than your manager they do not like ya cause obviously you make them look bad my area manager should never off been a manager an also 18-20 year olds being a counter manager but yet no experience sorry
Pros
Allocation on products
Cons
Management have no clue
Estée Lauder is honestly the best company I’ve ever worked for. They really look after their staff, the perks are brilliant and progressing to where you want to go within the company is fully supported. I love my job
This was my favourite job I have ever had. The company are amazing with amazing benefits but progression is not really a focus. I was promoted in my last three months to temporary counter manager, however this was never a focus from the beginning.
Good and relaxing workplace. Health and safety is in highest level . Lots of benefits for good workers and workers who have no tendencies to be sick. Good working hours .