Work wellbeing score is 63 out of 100

The Fedcap Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews

Amazing company

Amazing company, great close knit teams, management were all very helpful, flexible working, only con would be the HR team is awful, they would never have back to you, when they did, responses were vague, and you needed to further chase them to wait for no reply or a response weeks later!

Almost 2 years

I worked at fedcap for 2 years and it wasn't the greatest experience, I found it difficult to adjust to the types of customer and the way they speak to you this can be a emotionally draining role,

Insights into The Fedcap Group

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Rewarding. A good balance of serious and sometimes challenging work but also with fun and humour along the way.

What is the best part of working at the company?Being part of a caring team and a very supportive management when you have a problem.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not enough hours in the day and trying to fit everything in, but it makes the day and the week go quickly. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly, supportive, looking out for one another, and still managing to keep a sense of humour when times are more stressful.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Varied. Meeting lots of different people from different backgrounds with some challenges to overcome.

I’m looking for a new job

What is the best part of working at the company?Failing business due to poor contract bidding What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management was poor with its structure What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s okay however there is always drama to deal with

Targets are not met by you, but your customers - or NOT met

Let me start by saying that I was made redundant due to insufficient referrals by DWP meaning that Fedcap were effectively overstaffed. I understand how even a non-profit has to balance the books.This role was very hard on the mental health of all of the staff. The reason is the targets. We were expected to get a certain number of customers into work each month - you need to be aware that some of the customers sent to us have NO INTENTION of working. This means you are fighting against your customers. They may not apply correctly, they may write a poor cover letter (or no cover letter), they may self-sabotage their interview. If you fail to hit your targets you will end up on a "Support Plan". I used the quotes as the amount of support is zero. The management expect you to tell them what support you need - if you knew that you would probably have already asked for it! The Plan effectively gives you more access to your line manager, but that is all.DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE SUPREME RESILIENCE.

Pros

The other Employment Advisors - they are the sort of people who are willing to help you anytime

Cons

Unrealistic targets, lack of support and training, micro-management when not hitting target

fast paced

Enjoyed team mangers and helping people customers especially had great provisions in place like tutors and digital skills to help the community and employment rate

All about targets and statistics

This company is not for the people. only interested in hitting targets not supporting the people or their staff unless you know someone in the business to help you climb the corporate ladder. Say one thing to sell you the job and then it all changes. No support for people with health conditions either and definitely no staff confidentiality.

Decent

This is a pretty good company in the sense that they seem to value your mental health and understand when you are worked under. However, they don’t seem to understand that there must be a reason as to why this keeps happening and attempt to resolve it.

Nice and fun workplace

I loved my time at fedcap. Very wonderful people with dedicated staffs. The management listens and always willing to improve. I had a fantastic boss who always cared about my wellbeing. They provide a very relaxed working environment.

Pros

Free lunches and lots of other good stuffs.

Avoid at all costs!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!Shambles of a company with all management being unhelpful, unsupportive and very unapproachable.If you were wanting to hate your job then work here! No progression opportunity whatsoever, pay seems ok but end up constantly taking work home so days end up being 12 hours as apposed to the 8 you get paid for, boring bland environment, training programme is AWFUL and teaches you nothing you require to fulfill the role.Management are VILE! Unapproachable, couldn’t run a bath, BULLIES!The most unrealistic targets and caseloadsCheck staff turnover and incentives/ prizes/ bonuses/ days/ nights out - before joining as there are NONE! Not even a Christmas party!

Pros

colleagues

Cons

everything

Amazing team, poor upper management

The pay and job satisfaction of this role are incredible and every single person working at fedcap employment offices wants to help.However, where the company falls down is upper management, strict policies that don't account for family/work life struggles, redundancies announced despite less than 2 months earlier the CEO claiming the company had made millions (how when it is supposedly a non profit?) and that staff on contracts ending would be losing their jobs as they 'wish they'd thought of something for them'When contracts can last 4+ years this is laughable and something that should've been thought out prior, rather than trying to shift the blame to 'climate of the industry'.Upper management do not care about the people they 'help' other than to showcase just how good they're doing as a company and all customers are numbers to them.Unrealistic targets given the current climate with little to no wiggle room despite government forecasts of unemployment being much lower than predicted and making everyone's jobs harder.The company supposedly has set values which they apparently abide (including kindness, integrity and respect) by but I haven't seen them put into place for any of my colleagues and now they have to fear for their jobs as well as myselfThe company promises to communicate better constantly and while it tries, fails at every juncture with providing any real information to us that will effect us.It should be said that managers in office and even some middle managers are incredible and nothing but helpful; but HR, head office and anything related are uncompassionate, -

Pros

Pay

Cons

No work/life balance, no understanding and no compassion

Would not recommend

The people and staff are great, there is a great team atmosphere but that's about the only positive. Poor managemnt, lack of any leading, upper management use bullying tactics. It's all about targets and they do not follow their own company values of kindness and integrity. Very competitive atmosphere with no real care for customers. Management take no responsibility for things that come up and staff are blamed for everything wthout recognition of hard work and good staff. Enforcing redundancy as over staffing issue when recently just hired new staff members. Awful company, a lot of staff suffer with thewir mental health as a result and really high turnover. Avoid!!!!

Productive and collaborative

Fedcap is a great company to work for. It compares very favourably to other similar organisation in the sector. Fedcap takes the well-being of it's employees seriously, and has several initiatives in place to facilitate this.

A fast paced environment but very rewarding

No two days are the same but that's what I really enjoy about the job. Its very fast paced and can often be challenging, however the rewards of supporting the most vulnerable in our community makes up for that. I am left to manage my own caseload as I see fit, however support is there when I need it and I have never had a bad experience with managers - I do my job well and i am rewarded for it. Praise is regularly given and I do think the work we do is recognised. I can be a little admin heavy and there are targets, but I knew this when I took the job on.It's a shame that reviews generally only go on when a staff member is clearly disgruntled and have a bone to pick, they do not speak on behalf of the majority of us. Hopefully those reading reviews will not be put off, I'm sure it's the same in most organisations.

Love it

I have never worked anywhere that i actually enjoy coming to work. The job satisfaction is worth it to see the people we support.The salary is very good in my opinion.

Good colleagues, shame about the rest

Colleagues are the reason you stay. High caseloads, constant worries & fresh targets added on to you. No job security when a contract comes to the end, you have to reapply for a different role on a different contract. Inform you your role is permanent…but is it really?

High Caseloads and Poor Management

I would not recommend working here to anyone, you don't get the recognition you deserve. The teams and advisors you work with are lovely and generally nice people, they don't get the recognition they deserve either. The management throw high caseloads at you all and say "speak up if it is too much" , you say it's too much, and they tell you to deal with it and give you more. Higher Management are absolutely useless!! All corrupt and out for themselves, don't care about their staff in the slightest. Double Standards from them, say you are not allowed to work from home, but they do it themselves. They can't run a bath never mind a business. Avoid!!

Great people, great prospects

Loved my first few months, met some passionate, hard working and loyal staff. Everyone is friendly, kind and keen to make Fedcap the best in its field. There's so much good happening in this organisation, I can't wait to be part of its future.

Run for the hills!

Worst job in 3 decades of my working life.No pay progression, no pay rise in over 5 yearsPromised hybrid working but then withdrawn, must be in office being micro-managed 5 daysTraining non-existentNo written process guidance for government contracts so constantly changing with no ability to reference checkBullying management culture, sickness rates sky-highCaseloads far too large to make any difference, employees taking their work home or drowning under adminSenior management behaviour cringeworthy

Pros

Only good as a stepping stone to a different career

Cons

Terrible management at local and national level, constant changes to guidance, demoralised staff

Unpleasant and badly managed

10 months into the contract and it is still a shambles. It is merely a box-ticking, administrative process rather than genuinely supporting the customers. Employees are leaving in droves in response to the terrible leadership.

Cons

Terrible leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fedcap Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement