The Fremantle Trust logo
The Fremantle Trust

The Fremantle Trust Employee Reviews

The company do not pay enough for good carers

I enjoyed my time at sir au Brey ward house speaking honestly certain assistant managers did not support staff enough when they needed it they have lost some good carers they had certain staff there with very poor sick records which is a shame has this let a good team down they had colossal agency bills which could have been sorted by leaving weekend enhancement and increasing the hourly rate

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Toxic Culture, Badly Managed

The company as a whole is a mess. I have worked at two homes and they have been the same. It’s like being at school, employees at all levels (inc. management) gossip and talk about everyone. It’s a “not my job” place to work. No one will help when needed. Constantly understaffed on the floor, medication errors are regular and no support or adequate training is provided (basic life support training for example is done through a YouTube video!). Go somewhere else, you can get a care job so easily at other companies who pay better and don’t treat you like you’re “just a carer”.

Pros

Care workers are lovely

Cons

Management, toxic environment, bad CQC rating on most homes.

toxic

really uncomfortable place to work, felt like i was back at school again with all the gossiping and childishness, the management was a mess and none of them knew what they were doing

Staff over work no empathy for the client they support

Work for short while staff bullied me I was frightened manger no support staff asleep on waking night shifts noone cared staff often had argued Infront of clients

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional

22 October 2020
Management at all levels are encouraged to be open, honest and approachable. We are disappointed to hear you feel this wasn’t always the case. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to send us specific feedback to hrmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.

Toxic Culture

The organisation has the key ingredients of a classic toxic triangle - destructive leadership and susceptible followers operating in a conducive environment. Never experienced such an environment until I worked there for over a year. Quite heart-breaking such a culture exists in the care sector.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Management team

22 October 2020

Lost my job there after being attack by another member of staff

No one listens Manger is very poor at handling things All staff are friendly to your face but things change once you turn your back Lewin house on Belgrave road is a total waste of career don’t bother even applying waste of time

9 October 2020

Good company

Very nice place to work. Doing personal care Shopping Accompanying service user to lunch or dinner . Also to the hospital of doctors . Taking care of petty cash

26 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, feedback is essential to ensure we continue to deliver high quality services to all colleagues and service users.

Busy but rewarding

Great place to progress if you want to but harsh work/life balance due to hectic nature of the job. Would certainly recommend to those wanting a new challenge!

29 June 2020

Productive and fun place to work

Good place to work. But, not sure why Indeed are mandating this information to be completed. Indeed need to add option to allow this not to be required to complete the registration and use of this site!

28 June 2020

You’re just a number and treated like one sometimes.

They never listen to what you’ve got to say or if they do that,they’ll never take in consideration,is like fighting with a wind storm,you’re short of staff all the time and you’ve got to do the work of two sometimes (most of the time).Also if you’re other nationality,they won’t offer you the oportunity to evolve in your career ( a bit rasist i would say ),the pay rate is not so great ... Other than that,it’s fine.

28 June 2020
Our value of ‘always be learning’ is adopted across the Trust and demonstrated by the number of courses, qualifications and training sessions on offer. Our people are very important to us, and we are keen to retain, support and progress team members to their desired position within the Trust.

Jobs at The Fremantle Trust

See more jobs

Salary

I am discusted after 30 lony years in ser ice that i have been treted this way and cuts in pay ...we r the main frontline workers i have dedicated myself and this is unfair i hD to work 30 long years to reach this wage rate yet u bring in an 18 yr old with no experiwnce and pay my rate how is this fair ? Its not x

28 June 2020
Salaries are reviewed regularly and we’re disappointed to hear you weren’t entirely satisfied with your pay. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments

One of the worst

Management are beyond useless. Whenever you tell them about the problems going on e.g. staff arguing, swearing infront of clients, using there phones management aren’t interested. Choking incidents and falling incidents haven’t been documented. Epileptics have been left in rooms by themselves for hours so seizures could go unnoticed. No interaction between staff and residents. Everyone wants to stab each other in the back.

Friendly , happy enviroment

Although this was a busy, time restricted job with many stressful parts , its also very rewarding , happy, friendly place to work. There is also plenty of opportunity to improve your training.

Evil

Will turn on you to save money. Only want yes men. Don’t care about abuse, assault, staff welfare just about avoiding making yet another financial deficit. No loyalty or recognition of achievement or character, just about avoiding falling into an even bigger financial hole. An awful, awful company. Unless you’re a trustee, CEO or senior leadership you’re expendable because you’re cheap

20 November 2019
Management at all levels are encouraged to be open, honest and approachable. We are disappointed to hear you feel this wasn’t always the case. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to send us specific feedback to HRmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.

The staff rate is too small. The management need to look into putting more staff to be able to meet the needs of the customers and deliver the good quality care they paid for.

20 November 2019
We take time to carefully plan rota’s to ensure we have enough team members and we’re disappointed to hear that you feel that at times there were not enough colleagues on shift. As an organisation, we are always learning and we use feedback such as this to help us develop and enhance our services.

Back stabbers

Not very professional, will discuss personal was info in front or their colleagues. HR say they are there for you, but just waiting to gossip. Don't feel you have anyone to turn to, but when you do....it all ends up on your shoulders without help

28 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; feedback is an ideal way to highlight areas where we could improve. We would really appreciate it if you could email us at HRmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.

Needs improvement in regard to staff morale and work life balance, High turnover of staff

The shift structure is not conducive to work life balance. The Management need skills development. Training is poor. Concern for staff's well-being needs some work. Pay structure is very unbalanced, where the Managers earn £65000 per year while those who do the hard work caring for the elderly earn £9 per hour. I have not quoted any confidential information here. The salary information is on the website. Nevertheless, I loved working in the environment because of the nature of the work being hugely rewarding and also the team spirit excellent at the Care Home I was working. I cannot speak for other Care Homes within the company. I have observed a high turnover of staff in my 6.5 years with the company.

28 June 2020
Delivering person-centred care can sometimes be challenging and at times requires long working hours. We recognise this within our teams and offer benefits and flexible shift patterns to avoid this having a direct effect on a team member.

I enjoyed working for this company

I worked with the Fremantle trust for a few months and although I was here for only a shower period of time I had a manager that listened and was very understanding she was also a very hard worker. My team was lovely and the residents made it worth while everyday I went it sometimes challenging but overall a nice place to work

Pros

Free lunch nice manager

Cons

Sometimes abit hectic

28 June 2020
Our people are very important to us and it’s great to hear this example of how strong our teams are. Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us.

Very bad place

I worked as a RGN for some time. Whole Management is coming from Healthcare assistants so be prepared to be bullied by them. Some nurses work for a higher rate while you get the flat rate as paye. No promotion whatsoever. Training- quite good HR- very helpful.

Pros

Good training, weekly pay

Cons

Bad management unqualified, differences between hourly pay

25 April 2019

Great work place and friendly people

Very friendly staff made me feel welcomed throughout my job. Lovely place to work with a great environment and great people. :) Really recommend this place as a care assistant.

Fun

Meeting new clients. Making sure the clients had the best quality of life. Happy environment. I learnt a lot and my training helped me achieve this . Management was approachable Hardest part of the job I would personally say was sometimes the lack of communication with staff and not working as a team . Management needs better structure and more praise then negativity....

Cons

Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fremantle Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement