The Gainsborough Bath Spa

The Gainsborough Bath Spa Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

It's not worth it.

It's good pay but you are working in a broken system. No one takes breaks to finish on time. They are understaffed and give you loads to do and it has to be done by 3pm so break at your own risk.

Pros

pay

Cons

High workload no breaks

horrible

Do not work here. worst management ever , lack of staff lack of resources it’s ridiculous, no pro’s just constant negativity from all managers. worst place to work at

Insights into The Gainsborough Bath Spa

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good amount of rooms

Being a busy hotel with high standards I had lots of training so I could do my job well.As the hotel is 5 star the standards are high but you only have to clean a set amount of rooms daily, not like other places when you get 14/16 room a day.The current team are nice and welcoming to.

Busy but Fair

Hotel is fast paced and busy but no two days are the same, rewarding and gained lots of experience to help me in my career. Only left as moved city.

Very disappointed

From day one of my interview i didn't feel welcome by the manager!! staff were helpful to a point then ended up after a few days being there put on my own away from everyone so didn't feel part of a team at all, i was promised the hours i wanted but then told it was changed and had to do the hours they required, we never got to have a lunch break either after working a 9-4 shift

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything apart from pay

Fast-paced

It was a friendly environment where I learned the basics of housekeeping; making beds, cleaning etc. All of the staff were encouraging and very supportive.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Strenuous work

Avoid working in the restaurant

Poorly paid for expectations Absolutely I am not recommending this place to work in. You have no support from management, long hours , no brakes/staff food and high standards for £8.40/h .

Hospitality

Very high staff turnover which leads to increased work load. Also as a result, its almost impossible to get your holidays in unless you pre book them way in advance. On my morning shifts I didn't had 1h unpaid lunch which you supposed to have by your contract on 8h shifts. While HR are aware no one seemed to care. Need to add that hours are long and unsociable. Arrogant, unhelpful managers with strong favouritism. Saying that they are all also very stressed and worked to the ground.

Stressful and hard work

Long hours some which are unpaid if you do not take note of when u clock in and clock out. Managers do not care for staff. Holidays are rarely given when requested. I would be working 10 am to 9pm and within that day I was allowed a 30 minute break and in my 10-4 shifts I didn’t have one.

Pros

2 passes to use thermae pools every year, Nice hotel

Cons

No lunches, staff are not treated fairly, unpaid hours, arrogant managers

Well, it is hospitality...

Long hours, demanding guests, tired staff, stressed out managers...However, beautiful spa and hotel to work in the heart of Bath. Not many staff benefits to shout about but I was well looked after by my line manager at the time until another one took over.

Pros

Loads of history, great building and location

Cons

staff and managers are worked to the ground creating a negative atmosphere

Beautiful 5* hotel in the heart of Bath

Great training provider in many useful areas of the industry. Fantastic opportunity to work in a thermal spa environment with some outstanding professionals.

Pros

Beaitoful environemt and fantadtic staff with a great attitude.

Cons

Owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gainsborough Bath Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement