The Gallery

United Kingdom19 reviews

Insights into The Gallery

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Very welcoming

Don’t put any pressure on the workers, make sure that all customers have a drink and are always checking on them. They are very skilled hair dressers and have always done a good job whenever I’ve been in.

average

Typical day is making food , drinks , cleaning tables etc. I have learned many valuable skills such as interpersonal skills. The community it is set in is lovely and i thoroughly enjoy meeting the customers.

Hard Work

A typical day would include me clocking in at 5pm and immediately going behind the bar to serve customers, I would essentially do this for the entire night until closing whilst also changing barrels, taking out food orders and cleaning tables when I had the chance. When all the customers were out we would clean all the tables and hoover for the next day.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

My dad was my boss

A good first job

Its a fun loving place. however, it soon became apparent that I could do a lot less work in other places for a lot more money. I kept this job and also found others.

Pros

Welcoming and friendly customers

Cons

long hours, not much pay

This was a fun working place

I loved working at the gallery being able to meet new people and communicate with the community more. I would have greeted them into the work place and asked them if they wanted any tea or coffee I would of sat and asked them how there day has been. My boss would have always said to me at the end of the day how well we had of done and are you ready for a fresh start tomorrow. I loved thinking about getting up the next morning to go in and meet new people be friendly and communicate well follow instructions

Pros

Free lunch’s

Cons

Good working hours 9 to 5

Fun workplace

As I am at college I only work on Saturdays at the moment but I am wanting a new job where I can work the days which I a not at college. A typical day at work includes stocking the fridges up, serving customers coffees and other drinks as well as food, helping in the kitchen to prepare the food, handling money when people come to pay and making sure the cafe and the kitchen re clean or tidy ready for the cleaner.

Pros

meeting new people every week

Cons

not the best salary

Horrific Work Conditions

the owner/ managers do not care for the staff and do not follow employment laws at all. As part of my time there I had been working up to 13 hour shift and not allowed breaks to which the managers continued to complain about other members of staff eating behind the till when quiet. do not apply here

Pros

I gained experience

Cons

long hours, no breaks, treated poorly

Creative Fun place

I photographed many families over the years and also framed pictures, reprinted from old negatives and restored old faded and torn photographs. I also undertook commercial projects.

Productive and fun workplace

Overall working at The Gallery 52 was a pleasure. The atmosphere was very fun and family friendly. Al the staff were very nice and treated me as if I have always been there. The hardest part of the job was always running errands and the most enjoyable part was washing and blow-drying the customers hair.

Pros

Experience

Great place to voluteer

lovely place spent 3 years there and felt very welcome. Would recommend. Would recommend for those who would like to see what a real art job looks like. Enjoyed working alongside children, Teenagers and disabled adults if only to learn more about and from them.

Pros

Cons

working alongside a talented artist

Productive and fun workplace

Overall it was a good place to work in, very kind and polite people to work with. Time management was also very good there and the hygiene was also very good!

Pros

Free drinks or food at end of shift

Cons

Too hot in there

Happy friendly workplace

My brother and sister's hairdressers. Duties involved: Welcoming customers in a warm and friendly manner. Answering calls. Taking booking,appointmemts and cancellations. Ensuring customers are comfortable. Safely catering hot/cold refreshmemts. Washing cutomers hair accordingly

amazing

has to be the best place i have worked. owner shows appreciation and thanks for the work his staff does. great relationship between owner and staff.

Pros

3 hour breaks

Lively and Exciting Workplace

At work very similar days occur, such as doing the same sort of jobs- however the jobs that are required to do arent bad jobs. I have learnt many skills by working at The Gallery such as being able to sort of the colours for peoples hair and also its giving me the experience of knowing what needs to be done and to be able to do it to the best of my ability. The staff I work with at The Gallery are all genuine lovely girls. They are very understanding people who you can have a good laugh with. They are also very helpful towards me and make me feel welcomed. Since working there for only a couple of years I believe I have fit into the work team and they are all such supportive people- who I can class as friends. The hardest part of the job is when the hairdressers is very busy and there are lots of different jobs that need doing. You are constantly rushing around however this makes the day quicker. It also gives you something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such lovely people also the day never really seems to drag and the customers that come into the Hairdressers are all lovely and easier to chat to and get along with.

Pros

Free Lunches, Tips

Cons

Short Breaks

friendly staff and customers

I enjoyed working in this restaurant as the staff were brilliant and the restaurant is set in a quiet village so the customers were lovely. I felt the management were lacking a little overall but I believe now there has been a change in management.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

lack of hours

Productive, fun, lovely team!

As long as you work hard and keep up with all the cleaning/tidying roles the job is easy going. I learned lots of basic salon skills such as hair washing, answering phone calls and taking appointments. I gained many skills such as communication skills with the public, cleaning skills. My job was also to go out and get lunches which is just a two minute walk to the various cafes the town has to offer. The co-workers are all lovely and supportive as they are happy to help out.

prodductive and fun work place

a typical day at work would be eventful deffianly keeps you on your toes, i loved every minute of the salon experience and keen to work in another salon, i learned alot more in a salon in a day than i did in a week of college, my employees and employer are easy to get on with, really and nice and they are really supportive. the hardest part of the job is stock checking as its time consuming. the most enjoyable part of the job is chatting to clients and giving them a good service

Pros

can take a lunch break when ever the salon wasnt busy

Cons

hours can be long and sometimes when busy end up working through breaks

Gained experience needed but time for a new change

A typical day at work would be to carry out various treatments on various clients which was great fun. i have learnt to deal with situations in a professional manner and have been given the chance to manage a salon and cash flow. My co- workers have been a challenge and have taught me what i need to know in order to be a strong individual, the hardest part of the job was hardly any breaks and poor equipment provided as well as ventilation, i enjoyed working on various clients the most.

Pros

gained confidence and experience

Cons

hardly a lunch break, poor salary

Productive work place

I used to go in to work at 9 Tuesday to Saturday and work till half 3. I learned how to blow dry hair professionally, talk to clients politely and how to time keep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Gallery