The Gallery

United Kingdom19 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Fun workplace

As I am at college I only work on Saturdays at the moment but I am wanting a new job where I can work the days which I a not at college. A typical day at work includes stocking the fridges up, serving customers coffees and other drinks as well as food, helping in the kitchen to prepare the food, handling money when people come to pay and making sure the cafe and the kitchen re clean or tidy ready for the cleaner.

Pros

meeting new people every week

Cons

not the best salary

Productive and fun workplace

Overall it was a good place to work in, very kind and polite people to work with. Time management was also very good there and the hygiene was also very good!

Pros

Free drinks or food at end of shift

Cons

Too hot in there

Insights into The Gallery

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Gained experience needed but time for a new change

A typical day at work would be to carry out various treatments on various clients which was great fun. i have learnt to deal with situations in a professional manner and have been given the chance to manage a salon and cash flow. My co- workers have been a challenge and have taught me what i need to know in order to be a strong individual, the hardest part of the job was hardly any breaks and poor equipment provided as well as ventilation, i enjoyed working on various clients the most.

Pros

gained confidence and experience

Cons

hardly a lunch break, poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement