The Gallery

United Kingdom19 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

A good first job

Its a fun loving place. however, it soon became apparent that I could do a lot less work in other places for a lot more money. I kept this job and also found others.

Pros

Welcoming and friendly customers

Cons

long hours, not much pay

This was a fun working place

I loved working at the gallery being able to meet new people and communicate with the community more. I would have greeted them into the work place and asked them if they wanted any tea or coffee I would of sat and asked them how there day has been. My boss would have always said to me at the end of the day how well we had of done and are you ready for a fresh start tomorrow. I loved thinking about getting up the next morning to go in and meet new people be friendly and communicate well follow instructions

Pros

Free lunch’s

Cons

Good working hours 9 to 5

Insights into The Gallery

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Horrific Work Conditions

the owner/ managers do not care for the staff and do not follow employment laws at all. As part of my time there I had been working up to 13 hour shift and not allowed breaks to which the managers continued to complain about other members of staff eating behind the till when quiet. do not apply here

Pros

I gained experience

Cons

long hours, no breaks, treated poorly

Productive and fun workplace

Overall working at The Gallery 52 was a pleasure. The atmosphere was very fun and family friendly. Al the staff were very nice and treated me as if I have always been there. The hardest part of the job was always running errands and the most enjoyable part was washing and blow-drying the customers hair.

Pros

Experience

Lively and Exciting Workplace

At work very similar days occur, such as doing the same sort of jobs- however the jobs that are required to do arent bad jobs. I have learnt many skills by working at The Gallery such as being able to sort of the colours for peoples hair and also its giving me the experience of knowing what needs to be done and to be able to do it to the best of my ability. The staff I work with at The Gallery are all genuine lovely girls. They are very understanding people who you can have a good laugh with. They are also very helpful towards me and make me feel welcomed. Since working there for only a couple of years I believe I have fit into the work team and they are all such supportive people- who I can class as friends. The hardest part of the job is when the hairdressers is very busy and there are lots of different jobs that need doing. You are constantly rushing around however this makes the day quicker. It also gives you something to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such lovely people also the day never really seems to drag and the customers that come into the Hairdressers are all lovely and easier to chat to and get along with.

Pros

Free Lunches, Tips

Cons

Short Breaks

Productive, fun, lovely team!

As long as you work hard and keep up with all the cleaning/tidying roles the job is easy going. I learned lots of basic salon skills such as hair washing, answering phone calls and taking appointments. I gained many skills such as communication skills with the public, cleaning skills. My job was also to go out and get lunches which is just a two minute walk to the various cafes the town has to offer. The co-workers are all lovely and supportive as they are happy to help out.

Productive work place

I used to go in to work at 9 Tuesday to Saturday and work till half 3. I learned how to blow dry hair professionally, talk to clients politely and how to time keep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement