The Garden Design Company

The Garden Design Company Reviews: Working at The Garden Design Company

United Kingdom6 reviews

GDC is like nowhere I have worked before...

GDC is like nowhere I have worked before for the following reasons:-It values the opinion of all of its staff shared at monthly meetings-The company is very family orientated-Hard work is rewarded and recognised -It has a culture whereby we learn from our mistakes -It is transparent with results -Generous with training and focused on development-If something doesn't work its changed quickly!I enjoy the fact that no one day is the day and I am surrounded by a great team of like minded positive individuals.

Pros

Progression, reward, salary, positive working environment

Cons

Fast paced, dependant on the individual this could be considered as a con

Fantastic, family feel company

I have been at the company for just over a year and can safely say I love going to work. The whole company works together to ensure that no-one falls behind and that everyone enjoys their day to day tasks.The little things all add up to ensure happy work life; such as lunch treats, team building days and many more.If you're looking for a company to progress yourself whilst enjoying your time, you're applying to the right place!

Insights into The Garden Design Company

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Progressive company that retains a family feel. Open working culture

A small company with big ideas! Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Great company ethics of setting high standards, personal development and learning... plus having fun where appropriate! Lots of people who started in one role who have progressed into different areas / up the ladder.They are open about their successes (and failures). Everyone has an important part to play and is valued.

A wonderful atmosphere and lovely company to work with

Had a fantastic time with the garden design company! Well Looked after! Recommended to ant one wanting to learn the industry!was involved in some amazing gardens! And thoroughly enjoyed my time!

Official response from The Garden Design Company

1 August 2022
Thank you so much for your comments! It's great to know you enjoyed your time with us and felt you learnt a lot.Wishing you all the best on your journey!

What a great team we are!!!

What stands out about working for this company for me, is what we as a whole team create. We take any problem and find the solution. We crack on with it and change our customers lives and living space (for a life time).A typical work day for us is great, you have a great laugh and get along with everyone. You are always learning something new and get given chances to prove yourself by the great management team. For me the toughest part off the job would be making sure everything is the correct measurements to meet the plans however, the most enjoyable part is doing the finishing touches, seeing the customer happy and also seeing the project come to an amazing finish.

Official response from The Garden Design Company

1 August 2022
That is fantastic feedback, it is great to hear how much you enjoy your role. You make a good point about the accuracy / quality of your work being challenging, but so worth it in the end!Thank you.

A sound place to work with lots of perks

the garden design co helped me develop a can do attitude with very early starts and long hours. the staff are very helpful and welcoming and I would recommend this company to anyone looking to work in the world of horticulture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Garden Design Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement