The Gate

The Gate Employee Reviews

Good team I liked. Is a good place to work unfortunately my contract was just for 1 months but I would have liked to stay a bit longer. My colleagues were good peopl
One of the best security jobs Ive ever had. Highly recommend. Paid breaks and competitive salary. Great security management. Can not say the same for the actual gate management.
It is one of the best places I have ever worked. Even though it is hard, once you learn, it gets really easy. The staff & management are strict but conforming. You become apart of a family.
You sit in the back office all day being more productive than anyone else and some kid who browses facebook all day is given the job over someone productive.
I was in charge of shifts ensuring that staff are motivated, monitored and measured in accordance with company targets and performance with brand standards. Am responsible for addressing and highlighting gaps in performance quality, hit targets, organise time efficiently and improve best practices, Reporting these back to senior management.
On a typical night, it is just pot washing and dessert making starting at around 5pm till about 10-11pm and is not too difficult, sometimes gets busy with desserts but is what is expected with a busy restaurant
Pros
Nice tips shared equally between everyone
Cons
sometimes get very busy so work builds up
I enjoyed working here as there was always something to do and always someone to talk to. Each day was productive and there was never really a dull moment here.
a typical day at work is starting at 7pm and finshing at 12pm, i would learn how to treat costumers with respect and help them with their needs, the co workers really helped out and made sure i felt at home but also made sure i knew what i was doing, the hardest part of the job is dealing with drunk costumers which if they are too aggressive i would alert the Doorman.
A typical day at work here would consist of washing dishes and occasionally taking out food. I didnt learn much more than i already knew when i did not work here. The management was good but they did not tell me when i was working and didnt respond to my texts.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
mixed bag of work, teaching, helping, acting in dramas, creating films, being taught technology inc bits of apple mac for film editing, work collegues brilliant and couldn't fault manager, hardest part of job was seperating from service users, and not over stimulating them, best bit was there learning, and ideas.
Pros
brilliant team
Cons
not being there enough, and people from outside attitudes, towards service users
This was a Job I loved and both hated at the same time, which has ultimately moved me away from the catering industry full time. The people were great the work was great but the pay and hours were terrible.
Pros
Great people and good enviroment
Cons
No life outside of work due to hours being so unsociable
28.2.2004 - 26.6.2009 Zizzi restaurant 42 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 6AE Kitchen porter and cleaner Duties: Washing dishes and tidying of the shop floor, sorting and steaming clothes. 27.6.2009 - 19.10.2012 The Gate, Newgate Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 5TG cook chef, Kitchen Assistant Duties: I prepared food,cook food, clean the kitchen
Pros
cook chef, Kitchen Assistant
Cons
cook chef, Kitchen Assistant