The Genuine Dining Co.

The Genuine Dining Co. Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

good

Relaxed workforce with some good benefits such as free lunches. Hours vary but the staff are very friendly. Managers are very helpful and accommodating.

Great career opportunities

I am very grateful to be part of GDC. I never worked in better company- support, understanding and fun! And I think it really should stand with saying you get what you gift. Everyone is working hard, reaching for better results. There are locations that are more chill and some more intense - so you can really find something for yourself. It can be a job where you come daily without stress and it could be a job that everyday you are getting closer to your career goal. Im not saying its perfect, but after working in more than 8 companies in uk, I am sure to put GDC as my number 1.

Pros

Free lunch, staff parties, paid overtime, great managers

Cons

zone 1

Insights into The Genuine Dining Co.

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Their Motto best people having most fun is not true!! There's only hard work

I'll never recommend this company to the person whose looking for live balance. The boses never listening what you saying and obviously they don't care.

Pros

Free lunch

bad managemant practices

bad management do give about there staff i was promised a rise after my trial peroid they tell you have a work life balance what a jokei was do in excess 60 hours plus i was made to leave due to stress

Can’t say a bad word against them

Great company to work for wish I hadn’t have left. They helped me out so much throughout my breast cancer. Fantastic boss which I keep in contact with

Pros

Fantastic company always there for you

Fun place to work

Busy days when the offices are full but is nice and the customers are really good people,a lot of fun with them and really friendly people,day flyes and you have the afternoons for yourself

Pros

Weekend off

Cons

Genuine dining. The future of catering

Excellent company. Great ethic, environment and team. Absolutely loved the time spent with them and would recommend it to anyone looking to develop their skills and work for the best of the best! They really are the best people serving the best food and having the most fun!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Competitive

Delicious menus are prepared

At the beginning when you start working they make you believe that you are part of a great team, and that they are very united and supportive. and as time goes by, they yell at you, they fight with you and most importantly, they try to sabotage your work so that you look bad, and all this they do in order to kick you out of your job

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad team work

Great company with superb work ethics

When applying for a job with the GDC, I felt very uncertain about what my future may hold. However coming away from my interview I felt so relaxed and enthusiastic about potentially being able to work with such a great company.I have now been working for the GDC for nearly 2 and a half years and I can truly say it was the best choice I have made for my career to date. Every day I leave my house excited about the day ahead, working with a great team who strive to be the best each and every day. The support I receive from my management team is 5 star and nothing is ever to much. Being a Chef Manager can be stressful at times but knowing I have the help and backing from not only my management but my employee's is very reassuring and comforting.We really do live and breath our company mission - “The best people, serving the best food, having the most fun”I'm so glad I took the opportunity to join the GDC and I can't wait to see what the future holds, not just for myself but for the company to.

Pros

Awesome employee's, great work ethics & being able to have fun, whilst you work.

Great ethos and career devoplment

I started as a sous chef and now am head chef of my 3rd site, i get involved in all sorts of events and new ventures. If you are willing to work hard and have a passion for food this company is the one for you, it is has a real family culture and i have gained friends, contacts and loads of experience. ''The best people serving the best food, having the most fun'' is at the heart of the business and personally am proud to be a part of it.

Pros

career progression

Cons

long travel time

Great company to work for!

I have worked for genuine Dining as a chef for a few years now , they are great people to work for and with! Always focused on how staff want to develop themselves and move up! The support from management and directors is something I haven’t seen in any other catering company, truly are the best people, serving the best food having the most fun.

Pros

Great people to work with, amazing fresh produce, ahead of the trends!

breakfast, catering Assistant, Barista

I love working in the kitchen with the chef I do breakfast and serve customers and making sure I get the fridge full up the (grab and go ) I also go to the Coffee shop which I was trained by professional. I also did Hospitality which kept me on my feed love it.. i love working along the staff. It is a great place to work in. I miss it now.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

8. Hours

Bulling company and HR

Be aware this company promotes bulling! They do not care about their employees. They do not treat people like humans. This shouldn’t be aloud in the UK. I hope this company will be prosecuted one day. BULLING HR PEOPLE AND OWNER

Genuine mess

The pay minimum wage,expects you to work double.The politcs non stop,they protect management even when these people are the worst.Plain rudeness and they only promote a certain type just look at the overall management. Undercooked,bland and dry meals no taste,prices always going up The BEST PEOPLE WILL LEAVE SERVING THE BEST FOOD ELSEWHERE.

Pros

Free lunch if you have time

Cons

No progression, underpaid

Poorly run and bad attitude from management

When I started working for this company I noticed some of the older staff insulting some of the younger/new staff, just some bad attitude coming from some of the staff. Been a mature person who I am, I tried to talk to management about what was happening but they didn't even really care. Just an overall horrible environment to work in with no good work system for the staff. Overworked/underpaid and no help from the top.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Horrible work environment

Fantastic

worked with the genuine dining company for 3 years. loved every second of it. busy and difficult at times but kept motivated and valued as an employee

Discrimination and sloppy food

Fired do to my arthritis was told “ it’s not working not the right fit You need to take care of myself “ I completed the job I made higher quality food than the burnt onion slop they would “ bulk” my dishes with same stuff everyday looked like a mess. Termination letter stated “ do to my conduct” as if I hurt someone or threaten someone they embarrassed me and humiliated me worst job experience I’ve ever had

Worse Decision Ever

this Job is a Sham. They do not fully train you. Unprofessional, managers are perverted. They don’t understand what good work ethics are. It’s a disgusting brand. They don’t offer anything they do promise. Don’t apply for this.

I have worked for the Genuine dining co for 5 years and there is always encouragement to progress from management.. although catering is a tough environment to work in now GDC still follow there policy of being a fun and unique company where creativity is encouraged.

Pros

Freedom to flourish and be creative

Cons

Catering in general is tougher than ever

Frustrating

To be honest I've not learned anything new in this employment in terms of the actual job. Its very quiet, almost pointless. I do like my work collegue but the job itself is just to mundane and not challenging me.

Pros

Cons

unpaid 30 minute break for a nine hour shift.

Shocking

Taken on as part time, set your as agreed with my.line manager and recruitment. 3 months down the line I'm told no one in upper management had agreed this and I would have to do the hours that are sent from head office. Due to child care, I was unable to do this so was made to leave. I have also recently found out that my line manager left within a week of me for the same reason.

Cons

Couldn't organise a session in a brewery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Genuine Dining Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement