The Good Care Group

The Good Care Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Good Care Group selected this as a representative review
Couldn’t ask for more support excellent team. Training was excellent and trainers very accommodating I needed extra support and I got it if any problems the care team took care of it. I enjoyed meeting with clients then living with them give me a better insight to their condition All in all fabulous place to work
Pros
Food supplied and support amazing
Cons
Being away from home
1 September 2020
Thank you for your review and comments, we pride ourselves on our outstanding training and are really pleased that you enjoyed it and felt supported in your employment. Thank you very much for the difference you made for our clients and for being part of The Good Care Group.
It was suppose to benefit my life, help me have a more balanced life, but that wasnt the case. The money looks good as its advertised weekly, but its monthly & the cut off date changes every month, so one month I may only get a weeks pay or another month Id get the full months pay. 3 months in a row I was working 4 weeks at a time before coming home for 2 weeks & received the same wage Id have gotten if I had worked 3 night shifts in a care home. Most of my time was spent in other peoples homes rather than my own, being dictated to & very little support when serious issues came up. I was spending 4 weeks in another house so that I could pay bills for a home I was barely living in. By the time my bills were paid, Id very little money for myself. On my last day of service with the company, I received no email or phone call from the company or management to say goodbye, thank you or to check that all was fine before leaving my client. No-one checked to make sure my client was safe & that someone was there for me to hand over anything from my time at the clients home. Communication is awful & I feel let down, like I was just a number & didnt matter. This is not an unusal feeling working in care. The care industry do not care about its staff. Its very rare for me to see genuinely good employers
Pros
Got to meet lovely families
Cons
Wages are awful, bad communication
4 February 2021
We are very saddened to read about how you have experienced working in Live-in care. You are correct of course that live-in care means working away from home, often for a minimum 2 weeks at a time. We absolutely understand it’s not for everyone but many professional carers find that the advantages are that you get an opportunity to get to know your client very well and make a real difference in their life, rather than only having limited time with them. It also means much less travel and since the outbreak of the global pandemic many people appreciate the benefit of working with just one client/couple.Our salary cut-off point for payment is the same every month. If your rota pattern is different to a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off this can impact on your payment if the second part of your rota falls into the next month’s salary pay period. That said, you will always be paid for all the days that you work for us. We also have an excellent support system to help you manage your expenses and unlike most other live-in care providers we pay for all your UK travel to and from your client. We pride ourselves on the support that we provide our carers and don’t recognise the scenario described where no one would check in with you when you leave. We have robust processes in place to ensure the smooth handover from one carer to another – no client will ever be left unattended, safety comes first. We are keen to ensure that we treat people fairly, that all our processes are followed and that we continuously improve, so would welcome feedback directly to our HR department so that we can address - more...
Although no company is perfect, this company is definitely the best care company I know of and have worked for.There is someone at the end of the phone 24/7 to discuss or report work issues ( during night only for emergencies / incidents.)Up to date comprehensive IT systems enabling excellent workbase for carers.Excellent training and career opportunities.
Pros
No hassle expenses
Cons
Away from home
25 January 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Support is incredibly important when working as a live-in carer and we are so pleased to see that feel well supported in your role and that you found our training excellent. We are very proud of the whole team and the support that they give to our clients. Thank you for being a part of our team and for the difference that you make.
I really enjoyed my time with the good care group, I got help and support when I needed it and my Manager was 100% supportive..Reason I left the company was for my Family had I been able to work 1 week on 1 week off I would have stayed..The good care group Look after you if you Look after them, Just be Honest x
Pros
Travel expenses paid
25 January 2021
Thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased to read that you felt supported and that your manager was always there when you needed them. It's incredibly important to us that our carers feel well supported in placement and know how to use all the support systems we have in place. Thank you for working with us and for being a part of our team. If you are ever in a position where you want to rejoin the team in the future please do get in touch.
Empresa oferece e formação inicial e contínua obrigatória e outros tipos de formação facultativos.Muito focada na demência e além do factor físico, bastante focada no lado humano do paciente.
Pros
Crescimento profissional
Cons
NĂŁo ser em Portugal
25 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about working with us. It's very important for us to ensure that our Professional Carers receive the very best training and we are pleased to see that you liked having the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge. Thank you for being a part of our team.
I started around April of 2019 after attending their 5 day training course at the end of which they will decide to offer you the job. The training is not overly difficult and i would say it is the best i have recieved with it being 5 days long and you stay in a hotel near by provided by the company. The rota is based on a weeks on/off basis e.g. 3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off. The managment team are actually quite good with answering your calls when you need them and will come out to your live-in location if needed also. The company also pays fpr your travel too and from the service users home fot your jobs. I eventually ended up having to leave in January of 2020 to care full time for my dad and the company was very understanding of my situation.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long rota hours
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing your experiences of working with The Good Care Group. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed working as part of our team and that you felt you were well supported in placement. Thank you for the difference that you made to your client and for enabling us to help support people to remain living in the homes they love. We wish you all the best.
Working with those who need support in their own home is rewarding. It can be hard as you do 2 full weeks working in a house with usually an old infirm person. Then you have time off but if you live far away from your workplace or abroad you get less than 2 weeks at home. The line managers are great but they cannot progress things further due to higher management. It can be isolating. You only get 2 hours off a day and if for some reason the cover can not come you loose your break. You have an agreement that you only work 10 hours a day but you work more and can be up most nights. You do get a meal allowance that you use for yourself which I found more than enough. The helpline if you have an issues are supportive but don't actually do anything. You also spend your break going to the pharmacy and doctors as you cannot leave the house at any other times if you are working on your own in the majority of houses.
Pros
Good meal allowance
3 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your contribution to The Good Care Group. We are glad that you found the role rewarding, without the support of our Professional Carers many of our clients would not be able to stay living in the homes they love.The nature of live-in care does mean spending time away from home, which will not suit everyone, but we offer a number of different options in terms of rota patterns. This is so that our Carers can pick the one that they feel gives them a good balance between time spent on placement, making a meaningful difference in their clients' lives and having time off at home with family and friends. It is incredibly important to us that our carers feel well supported and able to access advice when they need it. That's why all of our Carers have a dedicated Care Manager, access to our carer services team via phone 24/7, 365 days a year and an employee assistance programme to support employees with any personal problems that might adversely impact their wellbeing, health or their work. All of our carers work a daily average number of hours with their client and it is important to let your care manager know as soon as possible if for any reason you are not able to take your daily break, or if you are regularly up at night with your client. We can then look at the best ways in which we can support you and it may be that the care plan needs to be reviewed. We would encourage everyone in the team to raise any concerns with their line manager in the first instance, and to then use our formal escalation process if - more...
Very rewarding place to work fantastic team of people. Highly recommend TGCG loved working there. Worked as a team. Always well up dated has caters were allocated placement for live in care. Training was amazing. Reports were handed in weekly by carers.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours but rewarding
17 November 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our training and being a part of our team - we are very proud of everything they do! Thank you for your contribution to The Good Care Group, we wish you all the best for the future.
You work a lot, you learn all the time, many times you have fun, sometimes you feel discouraged, other times you feel your earnings are not enough.....
Pros
Free supper.
Cons
Long hours.
11 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences of working with The Good Care Group.  We are pleased you found the role enjoyable and that you were able to develop your skills with us.  We have a very open culture at The Good Care Group and would encourage all of our Professional Carers to speak with their manager if issues arise in placement, or if you wanted to discuss your progression. Thank you for being a part of our team and for helping us to make a difference to our clients. If you are ever looking to return to us in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.
I worked for this company for six months and was apparently chosen specifically for a particular client who’s long term carer had recently resigned from. On arrival it was very clear that the care plan was totally in need of updating and I was given false and misleading instruction from the care manager regarding the advanced condition of the client and the difficulties which lay ahead. It wasn’t unusual that I could be on duty 18hrs and that was with my two hour daily break. I struggled for 4 & a half months until the family finally employed a waking night carer, I also travelled throughout the COVID crisis 300 miles until I became physically and mentally unwell and finally resigned. Profit before staff well being and also the ridiculous click travel system which invariably was always rejected as they deemed tickets too expensive. Perhaps keep staff in their own areas then, thus avoiding costly travel. On leaving I was replaced with 2 live in carers such was the difficulty with that placement. As for training, for me it was completely irrelevant as there was no training given regarding the situation that I was placed in. I’ve done this job for years and never experienced a company like this.
Pros
Office staff were extremely helpful and also we were paid on time
Cons
Not being paid for hours after your daily hour agreement
19 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very surprised and saddened to read about your experience as it is not one that we recognise. We have very robust support systems in place at The Good Care Group to ensure that all of our Professional carers are well supported in placement. It is one of the things that we have been recognised for in our "outstanding" rating from the CQC.We would encourage all of our Professional carers to raise any concerns with their Care Manager in the first instance, or to their Regional Manager or the Head of Operations if they felt for any reason that their concerns were not being addressed. We have a very open and honest culture at The Good Care Group and always welcome feedback so that we can address any issues, as they arise. Our carer support team is available 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure that our carers always have access to advice and support when they need it.We always try to ensure that a care plan is as accurate as possible when we first start caring for a client; quite often, especially when a client has complex care needs things can evolve quite quickly, as a person's needs can change all the time. In order to keep everything as up to date as possible it's so important to make sure that we are all communicating well so that we can ensure reviews pick up on any changes. This in turn ensures that we also capture how many hours a person is working and that the care level is reflective of this. We would absolutely not expect anybody to be working an 18 hour day.We would encourage you to reach out to us so that - more...
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours but rewarding
1 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you found the role rewarding and we definitely agree with you about the fantastic team of people here at The Good Care Group :-) Thank you for the contribution you made to the The Good Care Group and for being a part of the team.
If my mother will need the carer ,I will not use this Company! They do not care about people,only money is number one.You can be just alone with the problems.
20 July 2020
We are saddened to read your review, particularly as we really pride ourselves on the support we provide to our Carers and consistent feedback usually is that Carers really value this. Our advice to Carers is that if you have any concerns at all, please bring them up with your Care Manager so that they can address them.
I worked on and off for TGCG for three years. I only left because of health problems at the time and they were extremely supportive during that time. My only criticism if any would be that I think pay could be higher given the responsibility of being with a client 24 hours but I consider that an industry problem and TGCG abide by industry standards to the letter.
Pros
24 hour support at the end of the phone. Holiday pay.
Cons
Pay
10 July 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of delivering outstanding care to our clients. We're really pleased to hear that you felt supported during your time with us.
The management should treat the carers as humans not robots. Should be respectful and considerate.They matter as well. The management should respect equally the clients and the carers. They are the source of their money.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Keeping us without a job for long periods.
7 July 2020
We are saddened and surprised to read your review, it is not the usual feedback that we get and we pride ourselves on treating everyone fairly and respectfully. The scheduling team's job, in partnership with our care managers, is to match Carers with Clients and they do that very professionally according to clients' needs and the carer's skills, experience and availability. If you have any concerns, we strongly urge you to escalate those concerns to your Care Manager or your Regional Manager so that we can better understand them and address them with you. If you're not comfortable with that, please contact Employee Relations on 0203 728 7575.
Im working for TGCG since end of 2016. I never work for such company. Caring,kind from the top to the bottom. You feel secure ,safe and supported. Carers are choosing their own work rota. Company is very flexible.We are well inform about training,courses we could take . Company has Carer community site where we can talk ,exchange ideas and find support for every aspect of life and work.
Pros
paid expenses
16 June 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're really pleased to hear that you feel supported and are enjoying our unique online carer community which allows our carers to share advice, experiences and learnings from placements as well as updates etc from head office. Thank you very much for the care you give and for make sure our clients can stay safely in their own homes #nowherebetter
I enjoyed my time with the good care group i was given as much support as i required .There was always someone to give advise or to have a chat if i wanted one .I have told friends that are looking to work in liveincare a out the Good care group.I only left because of family issues .
18 May 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of working for The Good Care Group, we really appreciate it. It's good to hear that you felt supported, we make sure there are always someone for Carers to talk to whether it's our 24/7 regional support team, care manager or other carers via our online carer community. Thanks for being part of the TGCG family.
Work from home role - great company, great pay, good staff, good management, good work life balance, supportive, equipment provided, working day varied from quiet to very busy
I worked for TGCG previously and found them professional and supportive . Firstly you are welcomed in London with accommodation and first class training that is also fun. One of the trainers has been with the company from the beginning and is very experienced and entertaining. Then you will learn that you are going to meet a lot of new people and make friends for life The placements are all over the UK and I like the fact that you will be able to see new places and get paid for the privilege . The regional managers are supportive and listen to any issues you have and have an array of methods to help you deal with situations that may arise . There is also scope for plenty of overtime if you feel like topping up your salary . The pay is at the higher end of the scale for live in care companies and the quality of service reflected in the same . I really enjoyed working for this company previously and may very well retain .
Pros
Flexible working patterns, variety of clients, career development, competitive salary.
Cons
Lone working sometimes in remote locations (just need to prepare yourself for this.)
TGCG are the absolute best in the industry. I could not have asked for a more supportive employer. The business is very fast paced and you need to be prepared for this but this is exactly what you get when you work for an innovative company who always strive for excellence for their employees and clients.
27 April 2020
Thank you very much for your review, we are really pleased to hear that you feel supported. Our business is without a doubt both fast paced and innovative. In the current challenging climate which we operate in there really is #nowherebetter thanks to colleagues like yourself who make a real difference to our clients' lives. Thank you very very much.
I currently work here and I tell you don’t even bother! The management don’t check on you or your well-being and when there’s a problem with the other career coming to replace you it’s basically your problem. And it’s stressful. I get just £88 per day for looking after two clients and I do basically everything my self in the house. The management don’t help and I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy
6 April 2020
We are very saddened to read your comments. We absolutely care about all our employees, each person plays a vital part in providing the very best service to our clients. It is troubling to read that you have experienced a problem in the change-over with another carer, we can only reiterate that we have a formal escalation processes in place and that every employee can bring concerns to their line manager / Care Manager, or they can go to their Regional Manager or senior management team in the central office. We would encourage you to make contact asap so that we can address your concerns.
I was new to the care sector so I researched various companies before finding The Good Care Group (CQC rated Outstanding). It's a pleasure helping my client maintain her independence, surrounded by possessions that mean so much to her. I feel well supported by my Care Manager and have been offered career progressions and training.
24 February 2020
Thank you very much for your review, we're delighted to hear you feel well supported at The Good Care Group. Thank you for being part of what makes this organisation Outstanding.