The Good Care Group
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

The Good Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom98 reviews

carerscarerplacementclientsupportcaregroupsupportive

A great company to work for.

Featured review

The Good Care Group selected this as a representative review
A responsive, inclusive employer. The team work together and there is a real feeling of belonging to a team where ideas are listened to and success is celebrated. There are multiples level of support to ensure all bases are covered.The best care business I have worked for.

7 February 2022
Thank you for being a part of our team and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so pleased to read that you feel listened to and well supported in your role. We are very proud of our team and having a great workplace culture is something that is very important to us - thank you for being a part of what makes us 'Outstanding'.

Understanding management and ongoing support.

I enjoyed my time at the Good Care Group. The management were friendly and understanding of personal circumstances. The company works closely with clients family members and carers to ensure that those using the service and working for it are comfortable and left feeling valued.

23 January 2023
Firstly, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to see that you found our management friendly and supportive, as support is at the forefront of everything we do and is why we have support available 24/7 365 days for all our staff.Thank you for being part of the team and for all your hard work.

Insights into The Good Care Group

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Fulfilling and interesting- but full on, 24/7

Consistent support from a responsive management team. Great opportunity to work on a 1:1 with the client and an insightful work experience. On the downside, breaks not consistent and quality of sleep variable due to client's needs overnight which had not been realistically assessed at the time. After 2 weeks on duty I needed 3 full days to recover

Pros

1:1 time with the person you ate caring for

Cons

Can be isolating, you are basically on call 24/7

6 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to read that you feel supported within the role, as people are at the forefront of everything we do, that is why we have a local care manager available, an Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7/365 support from our central team. We are sorry to see that you feel your breaks haven't been consistent, as we want to ensure all our carers have time to rest and recharge by offering 2 hour breaks per day. However, if you experience a night disturbance again that has affected your ability to work, we advise you to please raise this with your care manager. Thank you for all your hard work, we really do appreciate it.

A company true to it's words - There's Nowhere Better

I'm currently 3 weeks into my role and could not be happier, I have found what feels like a genuine work family that stand by and fully promotes their values to each & everyone. Every member of staff I have met truly & honestly loves their job; this feeling can only come from the top so management has focus in the right areas! I have to force myself to stop working at the end of a day and I don't think I'm alone with this! Full marks

Pros

Independant working with all the support there if needed

Cons

Currently I really can't think of anything

28 December 2022
Thank you so much for your 5* review and welcome to the team! We are pleased to read that you are enjoying your time at The Good Care Group and that you feel valued and part of the family as people are at the forefront of everything we do.Thank you for choosing The Good Care Group.

5 Star

I decided to join The Good Care Group in September of this year, because i wanted to be a part of a company which shared the same values and passion for care that i do. The Good Care Group takes pride in their staff, which clearly shows through in the community, supporting our venerable clients. For me to be efficient in my post as Care Manager, a 5 day training with the wonderful Live in carers completed. the content and dedication that goes into the training, by the trainers was outstanding, we were all new to the company but made to fill part of the family from the minuet we walked through the door, myself and the Live in carers left feeling fully trained, confident and understanding the Values of the Good care Group, this is something i feel very passionate about. i feel honoured to be working for such a company and wouldn't change a thing

Pros

professional caring staff, very good induction for all new starters

Cons

To be honest i have not come across any yet

4 November 2022
It is great to have you on the team and we thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you recognising the efforts we put into the 5 day induction training as we want all our employees to go into their role feeling confident, we also have on-going training available to further skills development.At The Good Care Group we only deliver the very highest standards of care that enable people to live happy in the comfort of their own home, and this is guided by our values so it is fantastic that your values align with ours.Thank you for choosing The Good Care Group.

Good company

Nice atmosphere ,and people are really friendly . A Great cultural . The only cons i can think of is lots of changes in the management .

Pros

Lovely atmosphere

4 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time leave us a review. We are pleased to read that you were happy with the working environment and find everyone friendly as people are at the heart of everything we do. Thank you for all your hard work during your time at The Good Care Group.

Good company, reliable one, support from the office, good pay, travel is paid to the placement and from the placement, various shift patterns, pay rise annualy.

Pros

paid travel to and from placements

Cons

hiring only vaccinated staff

19 October 2022
Thank you very much for your positive review, we really do appreciate it. We are pleased to read that you feel supported from the office as we have this available to all our carers 24/7/365. Also, that you are happy with the various shift patterns as we believe all our carers should have a good work life balance. Due to increase demand, we are only accepting applications from vaccinated or medically exempt Carers.

realise now how good this company is !!

I left the company 2 months ago , for personal reasons I had worked for them for just over 3 years . After a couple of unsettled months since , working with different care companies , that failed to deliver,I have now just signed back up with them . Always plenty of work , good pay and you can choose your shift pattern to suit you . Im going back on a different shift pattern (my choice ) but I may increase my hours with them in the future . Feel so much better now !!

Pros

work pattern to suit you, decent pay

Cons

work away from home which may not suit everyone

27 September 2022
Thank you for your length of service at The Good Care Group and leaving a 5 star review! It is great to have you back on the team. We are pleased to read that you are happy with the pay and the flexible shift patterns we offer as we believe that our carers should have a good work-life balance.

Great culture and purpose

Working at The Good Care Group is not like other companies. The culture is extremely supportive and positive, and you immediately feel that you are part of something that has a greater purpose; to provide the best support to people who need assistance at home. I would certainly recommend working here to others, not just for the quality care the the company is renowned for, but for the inclusivity and excellent staff culture.

27 September 2022
Thank you so much for your positive review. Our employees well-being is extremely important to us and we ensure to support them as much as possible by providing 24/7/ 365 support from our central team. By our Carers having a great work life balance, this enables our clients to receive exceptional care from their home. We want to thank you for all your hard work and choosing The Good Care Group.

Great Workplace

The company is great to work for. The role can be challenging sometimes but the managers and other staff are always so helpful and encouraging. The workplace is modern and a great community vibe. There is always room for improvement and the Good Care Group are always looking for their employees to get the best out of their time here.

27 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you feel comfortable speaking to the managers and staff when you are faced with challenges, as we want to do all we can to help and support our employees. We value your review, and thank you for your hard work at The Good Care Group.

Satisfying work place

This isbthe most professional and caring company I have ever worked for. You can trust the management stuff. The company has the best care for professional carers than all the care companies I have worked for.

2 August 2022
Thank you for being a part of our team and for taking the time to share your experiences in working with us. It's great that you feel our passion for providing the very best care - it's something we simply couldn't do without our amazing Professional Carers, office staff and regional teams. Thank you for the difference you help us make to our clients.

There's nowhere better - literally!!! Great team, always very supportive and the training you receive is better than you would receive with any other company.

25 July 2022
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed the training and we are grateful to have you as part of our team. Thanks for all your hard work!

Great company

I had such a wonderful time working for TGCG, I felt always supported, at the time I was working there my brother suddenly had a stroke and I had to leave my work placement for a while, it was amazing the support I received ,never pressured me to go back to work and offered me emocional support when I went back to work, I will never forget that,my brother finally died and TGCG always supported me.Unfortunatly the pandemic started and I couldn't manage to work in the UK, it was very stressful travelling there every 3 weeks under all the goverment rules, so I left my work in TGCG company, what a shame...I would recommend TGCG to everybody that loves caring people and would like to develope skills,TGCG brings confidence, love,compassion to all: carers and clients.Thank you for this great opportunity you gave me.

20 July 2022
We are very thankful for your wonderful review, thank you for being such a valued member of our team. Hearing the challenges you have faced recently, we are pleased that The Good Care Group gave you the support you needed. We understand the pandemic brought some additional challenges and we know how difficult it became to travel. However, if you are ever in a position to return to The Good Care Group, we would love to discuss this with you. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.Thank you for your length of service with us and for all your hard work.

Great place to work and a very welcome team. Amazing support throughout the settling in period. Flexible working and very diverse working environment.

Pros

Free lunch, paid expenses

20 July 2022
Firstly, thank you for being a member of our team. We are thrilled to read your comments, in particular the support you received when joining us. We are excited to continue working with you in the future.

Great Atmosphere

Since Joining the company in April, I have learnt a lot.The team at The Good Care Group is very strong, The Good Care Group is an amazing company to work for.The company is very inclusive and has great culture.

20 July 2022
Thank you for your highly rated review! We are pleased to have you as part of the team and appreciate your hard work over the last few months. Our inclusive and diverse team make The Good Care Group a great place to work. Thank you once again for being a part of what makes us 'outstanding'

One of the best companies to work for

I started with the Good Care Group nearly three years ago and I never regretted my choice. Very supportive from the beginning, great management, the only thing I feel sad about is that since they were taken by the Sodexo group, that feel of a being part of a big family that I had before is lost, if before we were informed about every change now is a lot less transparency and communication, now it's a corporative impersonal management feeling.

29 June 2022
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of working with us. We are thrilled to hear how supportive you have found The Good Care Group since joining us almost three years ago - thank you for your commitment throughout this time. We are incredibly passionate about supporting our carers through all the hard work you do. We appreciate that you have seen some change whilst joining The Good Care Group. Being part of a bigger organisation does bring with it lots of great opportunities for development and personal growth that we are very excited about. Having an open and honest workplace culture is very important to us, so we were sorry to read that you felt some of the changes had not been communicated in an open and transparent way. We are always looking at ways in which we can improve and would welcome the opportunity to better understand this and would encourage you to reach out to your line manager to discuss this further.

The Good Care Group is a lovely place to work, all the teams are super helpful and everyone is always there for you if you need anything. You feel valued, and it's great knowing that you are working for a company who want to achieve the best care for others.

25 May 2022
Thank you for your highly rated review. We're glad to hear you feel The Good Care Group is a lovely place to work and you feel supported by other staff members. We are always here to help you!We truly value the work that you do, thank you for being a member of our team!

Very supportive, ways help available

Always had support when in placement and on time off, always advertising internal jobs for career advancement. Competitive pay and flexible shifts. Always kept in the loop of changes at the company

9 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of our team. It's lovely to read that you feel well supported and kept up to date with any changes. Thank you for the important part you play in making a difference to our clients.

what to expect definitely the unexpected

This job is certainly an adventure you could be in a luxury house or two up two down, you do the cleaning or the client has a cleaner that doesn't matter cause it's all about the client some are amazingly talented some are very poorly but all have a story to tell and are very worth listening too I have had broken sleep and unpleasant mess to clean up but the gratitude and thanks you get make it so worthwhile to be open-minded flexible and kind are the best tools you will ever need oh and a good sense of humor.

14 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the difference you make to our clients. As you have touched upon in your review, being a Professional Carer is an incredibly rewarding role where you can build a lasting meaningful relationship with the client you are supporting. Thank you for being a part of our team.

interesting and varied work

I am a returnee to TGCG, I think that says enough in itself. They are one of the few companies that pay UK travel expenses and I think the only company that assist with air fare costs over £150.Communication between HO departments and care managers and carers can get confused. Support from care managers varies in my experience. But when I have needed help there has always been someone at hand. The computer systems are excellent, however the inflexibility of mars system sometimes cause errors to appear, when in fact there is no error . Sometimes HO staff can be dismissive, they really dont seem to understand how stressful it can be working in isolation in rural areas with dodgy wifi and mobile signals. Our phones dont always work, or we could be working with our client so please dont moan that we miss calls.

14 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - and welcome back to the team! We are pleased that you feel there has always been someone on hand to help when you need it. We absolutely understand the challenges of lone working and try to ensure that everyone has the support they need, when they need it. That being said, there is always room for improvement and we are sorry to hear that sometimes you feel as though team members are being dismissive. We would encourage you to reach out to your Care Manager so that we can better understand your experiences.Thank you for the difference you make and for being a part of our team.

Unsupportive

They give a big pretence of being supportive of carers however the reality is very different. On call support and managers can often be dismissive when approached with issues. I do understand the company has large overheads but the wages are shocking low compared to the amount client's are billed. They advertise upto £1000/week but I don't know anyone who has come close to receiving this amount.

Pros

Payed travel

Cons

Very long hours and stressful.

30 March 2022
We are saddened to read about your experience with The Good Care Group. Ensuring our Professional Carers feel well supported in placement is incredibly important to us and the majority of feedback is that our Carers really value the support they receive. Our robust support systems include a dedicated Care Manager, our carer services team who are available 24/7 via phone, our buddy system and our employee assistance programme that supports employees with any personal problems that might adversely impact their wellbeing, health or their work. We have recently invested in being able to further reward our Carers for the work they do. All of our Carers' pay is based on their skills, experience and qualifications. We also have some placements with daily salary enhancements meaning Professional Carers are able to earn up to £1,001 per week. Our benefits package also includes payment of all UK travel expenses and paid holiday.Whilst it is difficult to know your individual circumstances we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to understand this in more detail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Good Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement