The Great Care Company

The Great Care Company Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
4.4Job security & advancement

Helpful and friendly company

I currently work for this company and have been for the last 17 months. I find them friendly, easy to approach when there's a problem. Having started at the York office and recently been transferred to Harrogate Office. It has been easily done with the help and support from both sides . I would definitely recommend The great company to anyone who is thinking about been a carer . Such a fabulous team to work for am proud to be one of them .

Pros

Free PPE, online training

Cons

Long hrs

The best domiciliary company I've worked for

There will always be good and bad things people say about a company but for me, this is the best company I have worked for. The pay is more then competitive and you get your fixed contracted hours as well. Gone are the days of the zero hour contract stresses. I enjoy my work every day, it can be challenging at times but you have masses of experienced people around you to ask for advice and guidance. The company really supports and encourages you to build a career with them. The clients are lovely to assist to remain in their own homes and I love the extra hours scheme that means you can bring one of your passions or hobbies into your working day and get paid for it! The owners and registered managers of the company are passionate about delivering an outstanding service and they also want to give the best possible employment packages to the carers that work with them. It is a team effort and some of the carers I have worked with are some of the best I have ever come across! I feel blessed to be part of this work family!

Pros

Good rates of pay, contracts, flexible, supportive

6 April 2021
This is such a fantastic review - thank you. You are quite right, there are always good and bad things with any company, and we always work as hard and smart as we can to address any bad things. We are really proud of you for your progression so far in the company, especially as you started as a Home Care Assistant with us and now you are an Assistant Manager. We are really excited about your future with us and we are looking forward to continually building a positive working environment with you and caring for the wonderful clients who deserve to have the choice to remain at home. And you are also quite right... we are a family! We will always support you, as family do.

Great care company to work for .

I started working for the Great Care Company as a home carer after undergoing mandatory inhouse training and shadow shifts before I was out on my own working. It was a bit daunting but I was given plenty of telephone numbers to call just in case I needed a little help and reassurance and trust me I was always on the phone. Nobody ever grumbled and they were always there to give me the help if I needed it . I soon got relaxed and really started to enjoy the clients visits and it was so nice not to have to rush as we have always got plenty of call time; so spending that time we have with clients is so very important to them, having that cup of tea or even a lovely chat and it is nice to think when I leave it has made a difference. Unfortunately not work related I injured my back and had to be signed off work sick from November 2021. I was devastated. My employer couldn't have been more supportive and reassuring . My manager telephoned me to see how I was and how my progress was as I was receiving physiotherapy treatment and also awaiting a hospital appointment .After being off for several weeks I began to become extremely bored and so I asked if I could do some work at home to keep me occupied. My manager soon sorted out some work that I was able to to at home and this helped; still signed off from work my doctor agreed and I began to take on some light duties. As a company, they always asked if there was anything further that they could support me with. I have worked now for The Great Care Company for around 14 months and feel lucky to work with a company that not only -

Pros

Plenty of support and communication to staff.

Cons

Cannot think of any

25 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of working with The Great Care Company. As you say, we believe in being as supportive as we possibly can to our team and we really put everything we can into making sure that everyone has everything they need. We know that since November last year it has been quite challenging for you and we were really pleased to welcome you back with light duties. As you know, we value every single team member and we will always find a solution to support our team when they encounter difficult times.Thank you for sharing your experiences of how you have felt supported. We are very grateful.

great place to work

I have worked for the York branch for some time and I wanted to leave an honest review.management are approachable and will always help you if they can.throughout the pandemic, we had 3 pay rises and got 2 weeks extra annual leave and a bonus at Christmas.the company paid for all the staff and customers to have home cook Christmas dinner and gave the staff who was working Christmas day time free social care call so we could eat a Christmas day meal with the customers to combat loneliness.we are all on fixed contract so you have job security.

Pros

approachable helpful management

Cons

not found any

25 March 2021
Thank you for your honesty. We know that the working in the care sector is very challenging, even more so due to the pandemic. It really has been a tough year for everyone. However, this is also one of the most rewarding jobs any of us could ever ask for, as we get to support people to remain independent, maintaining their dignity, respect and privacy. We are pleased that you feel that management is approachable and will always help you if they can. The 3 pay rises last year, the extra 2 weeks of annual leave and the Christmas bonus were all very well deserved, as was the Christmas dinner for everyone. Our team, including you, have been magnificant especially during the pandemic and we are really excited about the future, about making a positive difference. Thank you again for your review. It is really appreciated.

Not great

Didn't have a great experience with this company. Great clients although not very understanding managers. Found quite judgmental and not allot of hours as advertised when starting. Other colleagues are great. But would never work for this company again. Not very caring for a care company.

28 April 2020
It has clearly been some time since this review was left but we wanted to respond to it nonetheless.We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We are proud of our employee retention and of the work that our team put into providing an excellent standard of employee welfare. The current COVID-19 crisis and our handling of this is certainly a testament to this, whereby both staff satisfaction and client satisfaction is at a record high, despite the outlook for the country.Whilst there may not have been enough hours for you when you joined, we have now moved to Fixed Contracts only (abolishing zero hour contracts within the company) and this has certainly addressed this issue. Our team are now guaranteed their hours and expectations are managed from the offset, which is what we think may have caused your negative experience.It is especially disappointing to hear you state that we are not a caring company. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds but the one thing that connects us all is our caring nature and our strong values. This is supported by the face that we were rated as "Outstanding in Caring" by CQC, it is supported by our amazing reviews from our lovely clients, it is supported by the free social care and free shopping support we provide to our clients, and it is supported by our amazing teams approach to handling the COVID-19 crisis (which you can learn more about by visiting our website). It would be fair to say that we can continually improve and learn, but we certainly cannot be accused of not being caring.Nonetheless, we would like to wish -

A small team with lots of benefits

I have been with the company for over a year now and in that time I have been promoted to senior care companion, to which I love. I work with a small team and alongside management. We maybe small but we are growing. The job is fab and the company is supportive with my request for hours and they support me when I require time off to support my children with there sporting careers.

Pros

Job security, flexibility, great teamwork

Cons

Not come across any yet

15 April 2019
It's great to read that you are enjoying your position in the company. As with all of our team members you are valued for the commitment and effort you continually show. We hope you continue to progress with the company as we grow!

15 April 2019

Great place to work friendly staff lovely clients if I have any problems I always get the help and answers that I need. Since starting this job role with the Great Care Company I have grown in confidence and look forward to the future with all the team and clients and the GCC.

Pros

The GCC give you the chance to work your way up higher if you wanted too.

15 April 2019
It's great to hear that you enjoy being part of the team as much as we enjoy you being part of it too. We appreciate your hard work and commitment and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Great job, approachable staff.

I am really enjoying my role at The Great Care Company. I have returned to care after a break from the sector. We have nice clients that we visit with varying needs. No two days are the same. Its great to know that there are options with the fixed hours contracts from 16 - 30 hours which gives me assurance in my job.

Pros

Friendly and approachable office staff, options with fixed contracts

Cons

Lone working

31 October 2018
We're really pleased to read that you're enjoying your position and are sure this feeling will continue to grow during your career with us!

Young company striving to be great.

Having read one review in particular i feel it a little unfair. I know that if any one of us is unhappy about such things as training or hours worked the management will listen and assist in any way they can. I have worked for other companies who are just not bothered about their workforce but this one is different. The old addage "you cant please everyone all of the time" comes into play. We all need to work together and help in making this company Great.

Pros

Fixed contracts. Lovely service users. Approachable management

Cons

Cant think of any

31 October 2018
Thank you for your review. Our team are crucial to we do, without them the great service we offer daily would not be possible. We're pleased you enjoy being part of the team!

The GREAT Care Company

I've recently joined the company in York, it is great to have the security of full time hours contract with them being really flexible on my hours. From my first interview the manager has been really friendly and helpful, I feel like they really want me to succeed within the company.I'm really happy to finally have found a company with similar goals to me, very focused on care centred to the client!

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

I haven't found any so far!

31 October 2018
Our clients are at the centre of what we all do each day, we're happy to have you as part of that team!

Jobs at The Great Care Company