The Great Care Company

The Great Care Company Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.4Pay & benefits

Cannot recommend enough!!

The name of the company says it all, they really are a 'great', 'caring' company. This was my first time coming into domiciliary care and to start I was very apprehensive and anxious about not knowing what I was doing. Everything was taken at my pace, with constant reassurance and positive encouragement.They have an amazing on-boarding system, which leaves you feeling supported from start to finish.There is so much room for progression within the company and staff are supported and enabled to progress higher up the bands, if they would like to do so.The company and manager really care for not only the staff but the clients, going above and beyond to really make a difference to everyone's lives. I think this is quite out of the ordinary and I've never seen a company care so much, just really going above and beyond.I'm really happy I applied for this role and even though I'm new to domiciliary care, I already feel so confident and have the lovely staff and my manager to thank for that. There's still so much more to learn, however I know I will be supported all the way!So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

6 April 2021
This is such a lovely review and we are really pleased that you feel this way. We understand that being new to the domiciliary care sector can be daunting and we are really pleased that you have found your feet with it. There are so many kind comments in your review and we feel that it really does sum up the team here... "caring". Everyone cares about our clients, our colleagues and the wider community, and your review sums this all up perfectly... so it is our turn to say "thank you, thank you and thank you" to you :-)

The best domiciliary company I've worked for

There will always be good and bad things people say about a company but for me, this is the best company I have worked for. The pay is more then competitive and you get your fixed contracted hours as well. Gone are the days of the zero hour contract stresses. I enjoy my work every day, it can be challenging at times but you have masses of experienced people around you to ask for advice and guidance. The company really supports and encourages you to build a career with them. The clients are lovely to assist to remain in their own homes and I love the extra hours scheme that means you can bring one of your passions or hobbies into your working day and get paid for it! The owners and registered managers of the company are passionate about delivering an outstanding service and they also want to give the best possible employment packages to the carers that work with them. It is a team effort and some of the carers I have worked with are some of the best I have ever come across! I feel blessed to be part of this work family!

Pros

Good rates of pay, contracts, flexible, supportive

6 April 2021
This is such a fantastic review - thank you. You are quite right, there are always good and bad things with any company, and we always work as hard and smart as we can to address any bad things. We are really proud of you for your progression so far in the company, especially as you started as a Home Care Assistant with us and now you are an Assistant Manager. We are really excited about your future with us and we are looking forward to continually building a positive working environment with you and caring for the wonderful clients who deserve to have the choice to remain at home. And you are also quite right... we are a family! We will always support you, as family do.

Fantastic company to be a part of

I've worked for this company for some time now and I find them to be very supportive, caring and understanding. The role involves supporting people in their own homes which is very rewarding. You need to be quite an organised person for this role, someone who can adapt to changing needs, but you are trained and supported every step of the way. There is a new opportunity for staff to pick extra work that they want to do to go the extra mile for our clients, which has made me really happy. The pay is good and the colleagues are great. I'm really happy and I look forward to staying with the company for as long as I can.

Pros

Supportive, good pay, choice of work, fixed contracts

Cons

Can't think of any

25 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences of working with The Great Care Company. As you know, we are all always striving to achieve the best for our clients and our colleagues, whilst also making sure we are contributing positively to our local communities. We are really pleased that you are enjoying your role and being part of our wonderful team. We value you and we are proud to be working with you. Thank you for you positive approach and for supporting people to remain independent at home.

Be very careful!

I worked at this company (part-time) they do take advantage, and will try and over work you. ‘Shifts’ randomly appear on your timetable as soon as they become ‘short staffed’. Be careful when signing the contract as they will take money off you (large sum) when you leave. Managers also very unsupportive and will expect you to work 7-3 to then do a call 6-6.30 and not get paid for the 3 hour gap but expect you to waste your day sitting around for a half hour call! Just be very careful of this company! Do NOT recommend.

18 March 2021
It is a shame that you have opted to post a negative review without discussing your concerns properly first. To give some context to your comments, you joined the company on a fixed contract and immediately changed your availability, thus breaching your contract. We could have withdrawn the conditional offer of employment, however we chose to do everything we could to work with you and your changed availability. Our Managers worked very hard to support you with this, as did other Home Care Assistants who voluntarily changed their shift patterns to accommodate you.If there are ever moments of the company being short staffed then we do ask colleagues to come together and work as a team to help cover for the person who is off (e.g. sick). This also happened on the occasions you were off sick. It doesn't happen often but, especially in the current climate, we look for teamwork. We have a fantastic team who have excellent principles, however sometimes (on rare occasions) there isn't a good fit (such as this case).Regarding deductions when an employee does leave, we do make deductions for your DBS (as we cover the entire cost) and we do deduct any training that we have paid for you to undertake (in your case we signed you up to a national qualification on a fast track because you advised you wanted to do this training). We make all of this very clear when you joined us and we often waive fees in various circumstances.Lastly, you are not expected to sit around waiting for a half hour call. This is very misleading. We have a unique system whereby you can go and work from home, -

Made to feel welcome

I am so pleased to be working at the great care company. The whole team are amazing and work really hard to make you feel welcome. There is so much help and support available, the clients are so lovely, the fixed contracts meant that your job feels really secure and the hours are really good. Theres lots of extra things you can do to help the clients, you are encouraged and supported to go the extra mile for clients which is amazing.

Pros

Fixed contracts, support, training and feeling valued

Cons

None that I can think of

15 March 2021
Thank you for your review. You are very kind to share your experience. We are pleased that you feel encouraged and supported to go the extra mile for everyone that we support. We have made a lot of improvements over the past 12 months and there are more to come. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review.

Secure and lucky

I couldn't be happier that they are my employer during the current coronavirus pandemic. They've given us all extra support and give so much information regularly. I feel so secure and lucky during a time of uncertainty for most people.

Pros

Good communication and team

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Really happy!

Everyone hears bad thing about care companies out there, but all I can say is that I am really happy working for the great care company. They have been very good to me, very early on, and I appreciate it.

Pros

Friendly team, welcoming, good training

Cons

Too early to know but it feels right here

19 August 2019
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you're enjoying you induction with us and look forward to having you as part of the team for a very long time!

At last a company who looks after their staff!!

After working in domiciliary care for a long time and working for large hungry companies where the customer was just a call not a person! it is a refreshing change to work for a young modern company who are constantly looking at better ways to do things for the customers and staff!!

Pros

Paid travel time paid mileage paid commuting miles!

Cons

none found

19 August 2019
We're lucky to have you as part of our team and look forward to working with you more in the future to keep moving the company forward for the benefit of our clients and team!

A small team with lots of benefits

I have been with the company for over a year now and in that time I have been promoted to senior care companion, to which I love. I work with a small team and alongside management. We maybe small but we are growing. The job is fab and the company is supportive with my request for hours and they support me when I require time off to support my children with there sporting careers.

Pros

Job security, flexibility, great teamwork

Cons

Not come across any yet

15 April 2019
It's great to read that you are enjoying your position in the company. As with all of our team members you are valued for the commitment and effort you continually show. We hope you continue to progress with the company as we grow!

15 April 2019

Nice service users

it has its ups and downs like evrything does. i really enjoy meeting the service users i get to meet and they make everything worth it. sometimes the days can be long that you work but i do get money for travel and miles so it balances out. the office girls are always there to help when i need it.

Pros

meeting great people everyday

Cons

long hours sometimes

31 October 2018
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the commitment that you and all of our team make to ensure that Service Users receive their required care!

The GREAT Care Company

I've recently joined the company in York, it is great to have the security of full time hours contract with them being really flexible on my hours. From my first interview the manager has been really friendly and helpful, I feel like they really want me to succeed within the company.I'm really happy to finally have found a company with similar goals to me, very focused on care centred to the client!

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

I haven't found any so far!

31 October 2018
Our clients are at the centre of what we all do each day, we're happy to have you as part of that team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Great Care Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3