The Guinness Partnership

The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

Some teams are very busy but have fun whilst working others are quite strict.Processes can change overnight without proper communication.Management portray open, honesty and communication but in reality if you disagree then tough.
Pros
Decent Canteen (main office) free parking
Started with Guinness care just before Christmas. Previously worked in retail but lost job due to covid so had to try something new. Was nervous about starting in care but I wish I find it years ago. Did 4 days of training at the office with great trainers and I learnt so much before going out to visit people in their own homes with my new buddy. Made to feel really welcome. Manager is great, though runs a tight ship! Staff in training seem very knowledgable, and recruitment team friendly and helpful. Thanks to Exeter team for making me feel welcome!
Pros
Flexible hours, detailed training, paid training, free DBS
Cons
None so far
Any Job role within the Health and Social Care sector is bound to be fast-paced and, at times, stressful. However, Guinness Care (Plymouth) is understaffed and overworked. Constantly bombarded with texts to work and cover shifts. Any concerns about clients or visits are not taken seriously. This means that for some days I’m dreading going to work which I never ever used to - as I’m scared of being belittled by certain clients for just trying to do my job . They (management) are sometimes helpful, but for the most part I feel used and drained. They do allow you to progress through your NVQ if you wish which is a nice benefit and does mean you get a small pay rise. On the whole, the initial work experience was great everyone was super lovely and helpful, but after a while they do demand more from you and almost try to guilt-trip and manipulate you into working extra shifts which the management or senior staff do not want to cover. Also I feel like, once a client gets to know you, they are taken off your run and you no longer see them as much which means it is difficult in building that trust and rapport which I believe is essential in any health Carr sector.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, NVQ progression if desired
Cons
Long hours, overworked, stressful, management not that supportive
You dont earn what is advertised. Not enough time given between visits so you only get paid the time they estimate. You only get advertised wage after 6 month probation. You only get paid a per cent of your mileage . Management awful. Problems not resolved. Worrying safeguarding issues not resolved. Staff turnover very high. Avoid company based in Roche Cornwall. Area advertised was not area worked. Often worked miles from home for first visit with no mileage paid. Training non exsistant and no opportunity to progress. Customers are fed up as often given times that don't suit. Some customers nice but others rude as fed up with company. You are expected to keep up with customers via mobile on days off and meetings on days off often. Very stressful.
Pros
Cons
Management . Pay. Hours.
Loved work with Guiness very supportive attentive to records kept. Customers were all a delight. Such worthwhile work. Had a great 8 months loved the work. Exhausting though.
Pros
Worthwhile work
Cons
Exhausting
I have been working for Guinness for two years and would never want to leave. The staff really do care about the customers and you and that makes me feel appreciated and rewarded day to day. Management are always available to discuss concerns and will take the time to help you with anything. Fantastic company 5*
Pros
Free DBS and Uniform
Cons
More time to spend with each customer
Joined Guinness Care 6 weeks ago. Easy application, friendly interview, and great induction training. It’s great working for a not for profit care provider. The work isn’t always easy, but it is really rewarding. The management teams seem to be working hard to raise the status of the care profession which is great. Pay is typical for the care sector, but as a not for profit company they offer lots of other benefits that other care companies don’t. I’m sure I am going to be very happy here!
Pros
Induction training, flexible hours, good culture.
Cons
None yet!
In the first days as a carer for Guinness I was really excited for what was to come. Met an incredible bunch of carers and some of the hardest working people I know who gave up their lives essentially for the company. Shortly after I joined the management fell apart and we was literally without any manager or senior carers. Head office took over and completely ruined everything and messed up rotas and relationships with clients and carers. They didn't care at all how many hours you worked and would very rarely give any time off, if you have a contract for 25 hours forget it because they'll make you double that anyway. When I joined they was a good strong team of 15+ and over the year it dropped to 6. Very rude management very poorly run. The only thing that kept the branch together was the carers coming together as a family and the service users being so understanding. THEY WILL NOT HESITATE TO DROP CARE PACKAGES IF ITS INCONVINENT FOR THEM AND WITHOUT NOTICE. AVOID!!!
Pros
Good pay - incredible care staff - the best service users you'll find.
Cons
Can't think of a single good thing to say about the company as a whole. Its all bad
On the face of it, it looks like they are doing all the right things, inclusive, diverse (except the HR team and Board of Directors of course) promoting all the right things on the carton! Big thumbs up!But behind the scenes there is a lack of management, drive, ambition and you realise everything is lip service to show off a façade that is simply not true.The least progressive business I have come across with no regard for employee welfare (don't let the social media posts fool you! - simple tick box exercise) stuck in the dark ages with processes - don't even bother putting forward new ideas - they wont work in this archaic set up!The lower down you are in the hierarchy - plenty of diversity there. The higher up, not so much! All this selling of being an understanding and flexible employer - no flexible working offered, despite there being a policy for it! The only thing understood in that place is how to try and hide management flaws and inappropriate behaviour. Bunch of paper pushers!
Pros
Working hours
Cons
poor management, promote garbage re being inclusive and diverse, mental health advocates etc
I thought it was a job for life. As it would have been if Guinness did not merge with the big corporations. They shut all the regional offices and I had to interview for my job 3 times. And I had been doing that job for 10 years. Then they got a troubleshooter in and I was not successful in interview. So I was made redundant. I am glad now as they moved again to central London. So not such a great company now.
Pros
Cons
No loyalty
I feel appreciated for my work and effort in my Job! Good management and feel supported. Fun and loving place to work.Progressed in my job role and many opportunities to achieve higher learning qualifications. Guinness are always asking for ways to improve service and Listens to any concerns and are dealt with.Lots of lovely activities to do with all residents, never a dull day! Always ensuring everyone has a smile on their face!
Excellent place to work , staff are friendly & willing to help excellent team work , good training updates , manager very approachable & willing to help staff as best she can , very happy to work here at southlands , it’s a happy & safe environment .
Unfortunately this company was managed by senior people who had no realistic understanding of the building trade and how long work actually took to complete!! Unachievable expectations put upon the tradespeople with no consideration for the tenants whilst the work was being done Poor planning from management
Cons
Management in positions that clearly have no idea. Employees act and treat other employees as job worth’s. So unprofessional at every stage from offering a position to you leaving. Low paid and treated like a jobseeker. Would steer well away from any position and highly recommend anyone think twice prior to accepting any job with this bunch of cowboys. In fact, I think I’d rather be on the dole rather than work for these. You might as well go to work everyday with ya pants down because ya gonna pineapple’d because they really have no idea.........
Pros
None apart from the managers are think So ya can get away with anything
Cons
To many to list
Assessing buildings for structural and compliance defects and carrying out building surveys for planned maintenance. Duty’s included communicating And dealing with members of the public and contractors. Preparing and inspecting quality / quantity sheets for building materials.
Stay clear. You have no hope with progression unless you’re one of the favourites, in which case you and the work you do goes unnoticed. Need extra training? Don’t ask for help to help you improve the job you do, you won’t get it. They’ll make excuses in the way of high work volume coming in but will give more training to staff that have already been in the company for years who don’t need it. HR are only there to support the managers and never there to help the employees. Company claims to have mental health first aiders to support struggling staff - Rest assured if you have mental health issues you’ll be pushed out of your job rather than getting the support you’re entitled to from a decent manager. Managers have been known to behave inappropriately with other staff members during work hours on the premises and still get to keep their jobs, yet those who do their job and Keep their record clean are pushed out without warning. Horrendous company to work for, stay clear unless you’re prepared to sleep your way up the food chain. No wonder there is such a high turn over rate with staff, anyone with half a brain wouldn’t put themselves through the toxicity of Guinness management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
I don’t have enough hours in the day to list
The CEO hasn't a clue how to run a social housing association, New broom sweeps clean. They dont care about the staff your just a number and line managers bully and patrionise good hard workers.
Pros
Cons
It is a con
I loved my time working for Guinness they supported my through adjusting rotas to benefit me being a mother, they offered me lots of training, manager were always there when you needed them. The home was always kept to high spec by staff and the customers were supported fantastically. Amazing staff team and customers.
Pros
Loved it all
Cons
Lack of staff
I enjoyed working for the Guinness Partnership. The work was varied so it was never boring. I started as a temp but was offered a permanent position through the restructure. It was great to start with but the team leader that was employed was very poor and had very poor leadership skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Excellent place to work.good support from management. Training is a big issue, plenty of scope to develop. There is always good updates on the intrrnet such as support for maginal groups. Plenty of activities in and outside work to take part in.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Too many managers
Not a great culture of support for employees within IT. Backward looking in terms of training and investing in people... Good points are its a great cause to be working for.