The Guinness Partnership

The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

United Kingdom236 reviews

organisationpartnershiphousingcolleaguetenantprogressionlovelyprogress

Guinness

Great place to work despite being a very challenging fast paced role. Managers all very good, although there has been big changes and shake ups through departments very recently.

Postitive happy work environment

Good job all around decent. Long term if you hardworking. Ppe is great, was provided with everything I needed for my job, also supply boots uniforms. Only bad bit to the job was laptop work but is needed and you get qualified for the job.

Pros

Work

Cons

Better pay.

Insights into The Guinness Partnership

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Too big a company to care

Too big a company to care about the staff or tenants, you are just a number. Pay is the only good thing. I don't know any administration staff that love their job, only the ones that are above passing down the orders, because they think they are important to the company, but again they soon realise they are just a number. Tenants locally left high and dry once Guinness get hold of the smaller housing associations!

Loved working for Guinness

Lovely management, supportive. Lovely clients. Training was brilliant.Rotas changed but always informed and they listen to employees. Very high standards on compliance

dont bother working for them

management that doesnt listen to your concerns about a healthy work environment, expectations too high, wages arent great, struggle to book time off as managers dont listen

Pros

no pros

Cons

shoddy management, nobody listens, not a healthy working environment, total lack of respect from managers

Hard but rewarding

Hard work, pay isn't great and done per care call so half the time sat in the car not getting paid.Management are okay, try to support you but overall the care more about making sure their time is spent in the office.

Good pay

Hybrid working and good pay. Can be a challenging role at times but overall a good place to work.

Great company

Excellent company, management and work/ life balance.Excellent serviceVariety locations within North east area.Variety of jobs daily.Supportive management.

Rewarding work place

Great company to work for. There’s Potential for progression through qualifications. Lovely customers. Every day is different. Challenging but rewarding job.

Overall perspective

I would strongly advise against joining The Guineas Partnership. This is not sour grapes!!A poorly managed IT department where one persons voice is here’d above everyone’sHopeless management no support one to avoid.

Management very bad

I was saked on a friday without any reason ore explanation ,so management sucks Threten by colleagues ,plenty coleagues sniches ,management the same ,bad enverioment to work ,threten by tenants

Pros

Lunches time not payd

Cons

Long hours not payd

Guinness All,s Fair

Quite frankly the best job I have ever had understanding and great boss, brilliant salary and prospects can't fault Guinness as a company hope to be there till I retire.

Job

This company is not a good place to work , staff are all clickly and do not like new people, and when Covid hit they didn’t supply any laptops to work from home had use my own . Then had a manager laugh at me and to tell me how that I wasn’t needed, and to go on benefits awful awful place to work

Enjoyed every minute staff worked as a team always helpful wish they had not moved from Sheffield

Amazing place to work fast pace not one day the same staff work as a team and there is someone always there if required a lot of problem solving and can be challenging however the satisfaction knowing you have helped in every way you can gives you such satisfaction

Avoid

Avoid avoid avoid!!!! Don’t even bother, horrendous management skills. No work life balance, everything is brushed under the carpet to protect the higher management!

Pros

Absolutely none!

Cons

Absolutely everything!

Don't do it

Extremely poor user management, clueless, bullying, and out of touch and out of their depth all management back stab and will step on anyone to further their own gains in achievable targets, unorganised stress ridden, corrupt higher management, holidays are good pay not bad, but that is far out balanced by the negative sides to working at this organisation. Most things boil down to tick box exercise to cover the incompetence if the management. My advice would be to work as a trolly boy or greeter at a super market.

Pros

Van and phone supplied

Cons

Everything else! Bad management, backstabbing, corruption, un organised, blame culture, victimisation

A good company to work for. The management know what they are doing but are not consistent in the way thing are done. Has a tendency to be a bit clique in some departments. Career progression is limited but still a good 9-5 place to work. Really good benefits for the staff

Absolutely terrible

Working in Guinness was such a nightmare, the whole place is a joke. I was given a zero hour contract and was massively taken advantage of, being made to work over 15 hour shifts at times, always being underpaid and pretty much all of the staff were incredibly toxic. Even for making small mistakes when you have just started working there, other staff would be incredibly horrible and shout at you, gossip 24/7 and make digs directly. There was clear favouritism from the managers, who were not the best people too. The service users would not recieve great care and would often be told to ‘go away’ or just get completely ignored. This place massively impacted my desire to work in care, I would steer clear of them.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, horrible environment, poor management

Management poor. Non existent. Looking for another job now.

No comment. Poor . Very poor. Management non existent... quite useless.. I would recommend guinness. But managers in charge on the ground are completely usless...

Pros

Cons

Managers

So, so rewarding!

Working at Guinness Care has been the most rewarding career step I've made - the people are amazing and the stories I get to hear from colleagues and customers are truly special. Yes, It can be hard at times, tiring and Covid-19 has been a real strain - which is why determination and passion to help others is a massive impactor, and can actually be so motivating seeing the real difference made to people's lives.

Pros

Rewarding and special moments

Cons

Can be tiring!

No stress but no career ladder

Guinness as a whole is great to work for, you don’t come home feeling stressed and can totally forget about work once it’s 1630. The only downside to Guinness property is that there is literally zero training and zero progression. So if you have plans to get more qualified then don’t come, but if you are happy with where you are at and want a steady income then it’s a great place. Job opportunities never arise for people on the tools but in the office they do seem to get on it’s quite frustrating. As long as you are a good solid worker and don’t create problems management will leave you to it and if your half good then that is great. Overall I’d give it 7/10 it’s just a shame that people’s ambition can’t be helped along

Pros

Good basic pay

Cons

Zero training zero progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement