The Guinness Partnership

The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

United Kingdom282 reviews

organisationpartnershiphousingcolleaguetenantprogressionlovelyprogress

Challenges and Rewarding

Days are challenging but also in some cases rewarding. Recognised for the work you carry out. Collaborative working is encouraged but can be difficult with some departments.

Average

Understaffed and overworkedLike most care jobs the staff aren’t highly thought off more seen as a disposable commodity then a human being. Management doesn’t have a grasp of the staff

Insights into The Guinness Partnership

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

No job security

Enjoyed my time at Guinness but zero job security with constant restructuring.Spent 4 years working on a big problem region & we got it to it's best ever.All then taken away & given to contractors instead,who as predicted would give a poor standard of work.Guinness don't really care,they say they do...but categorically they don't.Bit thick really.

Pros

Short days

Cons

Will happily throw you on the fire.

Avoid working here.

Management don’t care about support enablers and have any time to help staff out. One of the worst care companies I have worked for, they aren’t at all caring.

Cons

No communication between floor staff and management

Postitive happy work environment

Good job all around decent. Long term if you hardworking. Ppe is great, was provided with everything I needed for my job, also supply boots uniforms. Only bad bit to the job was laptop work but is needed and you get qualified for the job.

Pros

Work

Cons

Better pay.

Too big a company to care

Too big a company to care about the staff or tenants, you are just a number. Pay is the only good thing. I don't know any administration staff that love their job, only the ones that are above passing down the orders, because they think they are important to the company, but again they soon realise they are just a number. Tenants locally left high and dry once Guinness get hold of the smaller housing associations!

Guinness

Great place to work despite being a very challenging fast paced role. Managers all very good, although there has been big changes and shake ups through departments very recently.

Loved working for Guinness

Lovely management, supportive. Lovely clients. Training was brilliant.Rotas changed but always informed and they listen to employees. Very high standards on compliance

dont bother working for them

management that doesnt listen to your concerns about a healthy work environment, expectations too high, wages arent great, struggle to book time off as managers dont listen

Pros

no pros

Cons

shoddy management, nobody listens, not a healthy working environment, total lack of respect from managers

Amazing place to work.

I have worked at the company for a short period of time and can not fault it at all. Thorough training prior to starting, including face to face training, uniform provided and paid breaks. Every new job comes with new challenges and i have found my manager and colleagues have all be very supportive when i have needed them, always there to answer any queries. We have monthly thank you awards for nominated staff. Free refreshments at work all provided by the company. Lots of opportunity for career progression and support with NVQ's etc. Very open company where you are encouraged to voice any concerns you have or suggestions on how to make the company better. Set days and hours to promote a healthy work/home life balance, plenty of opportunity for overtime at your place of service or another local service. No need to travel unless you are working out in the community. It's nice to work for somewhere that shows you are valued and a part of the team. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

– 29 June 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and share your experiences working at Guinness. It's lovely to hear that your short time with us has already left you with such positivity. Thorough training is something we're so proud of so it's great to receive that feedback. You sound really passionate about the work you do and the difference you are making to peoples lives. We are so passionate about having like minded people within the team to ensure we deliver the highest standard of care to our customers. Thank you for joining Guinness and working as part of the team making Guinness Great!

Hard but rewarding

Hard work, pay isn't great and done per care call so half the time sat in the car not getting paid.Management are okay, try to support you but overall the care more about making sure their time is spent in the office.

I feel a very valued member of the team at Guinness Care

every day is different and even through the ongoing challenges of the industry i am inc4redibly proud of the work we do here at Guinness care and of my team out delivering the front line care to our customers

– 29 June 2022
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about working for Guinness Care. It's fantastic to hear that you are enjoying the work and feel the benefits of how rewarding it is. Thank you for your continued hard work and making Guinness Great!

Important and rewarding work.

There is never really a typical day in my job, every day is different , so many tasks to complete , its never boring. My manager is a great support to me and I feel I can go to her with anything. We have an amazing team of care and support enablers who pull together to get things done properly and effectively. The hardest part of my job is trying to cover the calls when we don't have enough carers , the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we are enabling someone to live at home in the safest , happiest, environment possible , and being able to feedback to carers the many compliments we get from healthcare proffessionals and families .

Pros

Working with a wonderful bunch of people

Cons

not being able to switch off

– 29 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic to hear how passionate you are about your job. The difference you are making to peoples lives everyday is truly amazing. Thank you for all your continued hard work and your honest feedback will be passed on to our Management team.

Rewarding company who appreciates staff

I have been encouraged to progress my career in the company and am actively encouraged to try my best. Management are very supportive in a demanding sector of health and social care. I love my role within the company supporting staff and society's most vulnerable. I love hearing from the customers their stories they want to tell and the staff when they have supported a customer to achieve something or when they themselves have achieved.

Pros

Team work, the customer's, management. Have received gifts in the post like chocolate bars, mugs, cooler bag full of goodies and most recently a bum bag.

Cons

Can be long hours but management can be flexiable.

– 29 June 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Taking care of our employees and ensuring they have everything they need to do a great job is so important to us. It's great to hear our employees feel so valued and enjoying their role with the support from their Managers. Thank you for your continued hard work and making Guinness Care an amazing place to work.

Enjoyable workspace and great work life balance

I'm a hybrid office based staff member, who comes into office 2/5 days. This has helped with balancing my work life and my activities outside of work. The management are friendly and understanding, which helps with the workplace culture. I've been at Guinness care for over a year and enjoyed every second so far and would recommend to anyone applying to come to this organisation.

– 20 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is fantastic and I am so pleased to hear how passionate you are about the amazing work we do at Guinness Care. It's great to hear that the hybrid working has supported you in your role and enabled you to have a great work / life balance. Once again thanks for your feedback!

The best Care Company I have worked with

I have worked at Guinness Care for over 7 years now as a trainer and as the Care Certificate and Skills Coordinator.I love my job - it is challenging and diverse and I am never bored!I work with a creative, energetic and supportive team and have an excellent Manager who enables me to achieve the best I can in all I do.Guinness Care has a strong ethos of inclusion and is the best Care Company I have ever worked with.

Working for Guinness Care

I work Mon to Fri 35 hours a week. I have been with Guinness Care for 13 years this month. I have always been treated with respect by all colleagues and listened to by my Manager, with all the support I would need. I had good training and advancement opportunities. I enjoy working in Training as I feel I can help the staff learn and understand Policies and Procedures. The culture is relaxed and understanding of work life balance needs.

Pros

I feel Valued, respected and a valuable member of Guinness Care.

– 20 June 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. You sound really passionate about what you do and a great example of how rewarding the role is. Taking care of our employees and ensuring they have everything they need to do a great job is so important to us. It's great to hear our employees feel so valued and enjoying their role with the support from their Managers. Thank you for your continued hard work and making Guinness Care an amazing place to work.

Excellent Company

I have only been with this company a few weeks, but can already tell it is an excellent place to work, the homes are lovely, the staff are dedicated and the organisation is supportive.

– 20 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is fantastic and I am so pleased to hear how passionate you are about the amazing work we do at Guinness Care. It is fantastic to hear that in a short space of time Guinness have provided you with a great experience. A big thank you for your continued hard work in making Guinness Care Great!

Good pay

Hybrid working and good pay. Can be a challenging role at times but overall a good place to work.

Happy Workplace , Incredible management & Inclusive Company

I would highly recommend working for Guinness Care. They have supported me to gain incredible experience whilst enjoying my work. The whole team are amazing and so supportive if you’re struggling. The job has so many benefits! It can sometimes be stressful (like any job) but it’s so rewarding.Unlike other companies Guinness Care are very flexible and open to suggestions meaning you have an amazing work/life balance.

Pros

So many benefits. Amazing team. Incredible training and development opportunities

Great company

Excellent company, management and work/ life balance.Excellent serviceVariety locations within North east area.Variety of jobs daily.Supportive management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The Guinness Partnership with

Learn about The Guinness Partnership in popular locations

• The Guinness Partnership
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?