The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Fantastic placement for basic rotation / first job post qualification

Challenging environment to work in which allows you to develop your personal skills. Fantastic opportunities to develop a firm clinical foundation as a band 6 rotational pharmacist. Little management support or encouragement for existing long-term staff to undertake professional development to improve work-based skills due to permanent short staffing Management is very slow to incorporate modern ways of working and switching to digital technology for speed and efficiency Very friendly staff and department

Pros

Staff benefits as per NHS

Cons

Only willing to allow flexible working / work from home for certain staff members

Failed leadership. Avoid.

Quality Care Commission inspections have rated the previous leadership as inadequate TWICE in a row. Trust seems unable to resolve this failure.£millions spent on terrible management consultants.Current cohort continues in this arrogant fashion - Avoid.

Pros

Inadequate.

Cons

Overwhelming.

Poor

The Digital Services team is not a good team to work for. There are too many people with HR related issues and so much internal politicsA typical day is just full of stress because of the types of people at work.It is not a friendly atmosphereThe hardest part of the job is the internal fighting.The most enjoyable part of the job is the delivery

Awful communication

To be offered a job and then when you chase them up you find you were unsuccessful. Poor communication, waste of time and unorganised compared to other trusts!! No surprises where the CQC grade comes from.

Great place

Good to work here.some people are really friendly.have to work hard to achieve targets.work with tight deadlines(quarterly) and working proactively on daily basis.

challenging but interesting work place

busy place but interesting Teams are really collaborante caseload really heavy most of the time community midwifery should be more supported safeguarding context really heavy

Brief Review

Hillingdon Hospital is a fast paced ever changing environment. It requires the ability to adapt to changes and working with staff/patients at all levels.

One of the most friendliest Hospitals I have ever worked at

From the moment I walked into this Hospital I knew the culture was what I wanted to be a part of. The staff are all so warm they greet you with a smile. It’s so important that you feel valued and appreciated in your job. I feel this at this Hospital. I came as an interim but was made to feel like I belonged there. Well done and keep it up.

Read

Working for admin assistant for Hillingdon hospital do not go near The management is the worst I have seen They Have u over working and doing jobs that are not part of your contract Nothing. More to. Say

Pros

Work colleges

Cons

Manger

Great place to work but very busy

Lovely people but staff who leave are not replaced, and work is being given to everyone to do. No pleases or thank yous. Lots of bad managers. Very stressful. Stayed at work after hours, took work home to complete, No time off in lieu. No pay rise for past 6 years.

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Too many to mention

Jobs at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

See more jobs

Relaxed

Did enjoy working with this company. Very relaxed and flexible place to work. Salary is also good and a lot of room to work up the ladder. Management is also very friendly

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Long shifts

Relaxed place to work

The hospital needs overall improvement in the installations. Friendly atmosphere with colleagues and low stress level. Unsocial hours are minimal in the surgical nursing posts.

Unprofessional, Bullying and Awful place to work

This is the worst Trust I have ever worked at. It is unprofessional and way behind the times. The management culture is appalling and there is a lot of bullying and harassment. There is no career development just lots of false promises. There is little regard for due process and as a results patient safety is compromised. There is a complete lack of learning incident after incident and senior management has no regard for it. The people on the ground are well intentioned but burnt out bullied and not supported. CQC were polite with an inadequate rating. I’m hopeful with the new Chief Exec the trust can turn a corner but there needs be a reality check and reshuffle between mid and upper management- not all are bad but it’s a case of an exception to the rule. If you want to progress your career this is not the place.

Pros

Cons

No support, bullying, poor systems and processes

Nice Workplace

Was quite nice to work in such a friendly environment with lovelt staff members who were ever so friendly and kind. Overal had a lovely experience in the days whihci I was there

Bank- Healthcare Assistant

I worked bank (agency) shifts as a health care assistant in various wards within Hillingdon Hospital. Throughout my time spent withinn this establishment I providing excellent care and support to patients, families and members of the multidisciplinary team assisting in the holistic care of patients.

productive

It is crucial to start your working career as a nurse in acute sector . I've learned basic nursing, hands on, decision making under pressure. 24/7 open business / shift working.

Hillingdon THH

Excellent place to work, great valued experience gained. Eye opener into the world of Health Care organisation. Good team work, all around, and lovely environment to work in.

Good Place to work

The team I worked with always friendly, polite and helpful. Management very approachable, fair. Most enjoyable being part of a team that were happy to help, want to help.

Pros

Good Team

Cons

Its a job

Good place to start your career

Hillingdon is a good place to start your career...but not to stay. You get burned out quickly and there is no care for the staff. Hr is very slow and management doesn't care not even that you're not signed off to do things or you don't have a uniform and so on. The workload is ...massive epecially in A&E dept.

Pros

Enhancements

Cons

Long hours ....too long...from 7 to 8 15pm no paid breaks etc

Lively and different

The work days are always different. The main jobs included checking patients observations, and looking after their overall welfare. On a normal day I would look after 5 patients, but if understaffed, I would have to look after up to 10 at once. Most staff are friendly, I was on 'bank' which meant I would be in a new ward every shift. Hardest part of the job are the hours and the nicest part is the meeting of new people.

Busy working environment but rewarding supporting mental health services. Enjoyed working with the service lines I looked after. Hardest part was the culture

Pros

Canteen on site

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement