The Hut Group

The Hut Group Employee Reviews

Management are incompetent in their own positions and are disrespectful to their subordinates. Revenue is all that matters, at the expense of employee mental health. They hire fresh graduates and expect them to fulfil their role without giving them any training, they just pretend that they have hired someone that already has experience. The company's bad reputation leads to poor management because they are forced to select management in one of do two ways:1. promote 22-23 year olds from within that have been at the company since they were 21. These inevitably turn out to have garbage management and people skills.2. hire underqualified people that are attracted by a larger salary. My manager should have been about two positions below his actual position considering his level of expertise and people skills. No intelligent person with experience would choose to work here if they have the option to choose a different company to work for.
Pros
Salary is slightly above average
Cons
you can work an hour a day less for the same pay at a different company, the offices are sterile and depressing, management are incompetent, marketing strategy is unsophisticated for some brands so you will pick up bad habits, good technology available but 80% of staff don't know how to use it.
Depressing, no help given to employees. Performance is measured in numbers where each report tells you you’re Rubbish! No positive feedback at all. No guidance from managers Sat at home by yourself for 9 hours
Cons
Nice people to work with but the agency and safety team really need to be more on the ball as I saw many safety hazards when I worked there and told many people who definitely did not care.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Long hours, Poor safety, don’t get paid on time or the right amount
Great company who is very well organized. I learned to be part of a team because i have the best quality management who support me all the time . Nice place to work.
Pros
Good benefits and secure job.
Cons
I have worked here for nearly 2 years, NO RAISE and NO PROMOTION. I was an example employee, working hard with good quality emails, reaching targets double, came up with improvements. The ones that do get promotions are usually under qualified, which leads to very poor management.Good employees are rare and are not being treated right.Very low salary and make excuses to not give any raises.It took me a long time to realize that this company is bad news in every single way, please be aware.
Pros
Do not work here . Boasts to be building largest studio in Europe but will be largest nightmare for anyone joining it . Design briefs are take off Instagram and google from other peoples work . And used as their own . No respect shown , no bonus , no thanks . Run by people who only care about themselves , no empathy for others . Minimum wage and no pay rises . Make out it’s an honour to work for them .
Pros
Non
Cons
All of above .
The company is a great base for someone who wants to have a great work/life balance. Filled with great staff from management to the teams and they make you feel welcome from minute one.
The staff moral was dreadful and turn over was high. There were instances where people didn't even make it back from lunch on their first day!Salary by comparison to other businesses was poor, and very limited opportunities.Because staffing levels weren't adequate for the workload employees were expected to do extra hours each day, start earlier finish later, without overtime. On top of that staff were 'pushed' each month to do actual overtime.
Pros
Staff discount... On some things...
Cons
Long hours, staff overloaded, poor management
A lot is expected for just an average wage, including long hours, lots of stress, constantly changing demands, and of course car parking (that you have to pay for) miles away from the office. It’s a good way to learn a role really fast as long as you are able to teach yourself everything on the job. Bonuses are decent for some but not everyone will get one, even though they sell you this perk at your interview. Don’t make plans for November because you’ll probably be living in the office over Black Friday. You really get the feeling that this company doesn’t care about you at all.
Pros
Bonus is ok if you get it
Cons
Long hours, location, parking is too far away
Typical day at work started from clocking in with your card following by brief at the area you where assigned usually pick or pack after that you can log in to your device and start your tasks whcich you learned at your training. You continue this process usually for the whole day and at the end you clock out. I learned pick, pack and some romanian at work haha. management is very helpful and the workplace culture makes you forget amount of time spent at work. the hardest part of the job is foodpick and most enjoyable is inbound.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
mixed products in locations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Hut Group?
Dismissed me due to me not doing overtime, they said I was gonna get any holidays owed paid and a p45. yet it has been 7 months, and they have done nothing! I was on agency for over a year waiting for a contract.
Pros
Not all management where KPI obsessed, hot food in the canteen.
Cons
12 hour shifts, feels like a labour camp, Some management where power mad, Didn't care about health and safety, even though they make it seem like they do, Over priced food.
Where do I start? They dont care about employees, they lie to employees, they actually terminated my contract and then told me that I had resigned. They didn't pay me the money that I was owned. They are one of the worst companies that I have ever been a part of. I highly highly recommend that you dont even bother going for an interview it s all downhill from there. I would score lower than a one if possible
Great people to work with, teamwork valued highly. Management were approachable and friendly. The best part about the job were the people. The job itself can be highly stressful but the atmosphere and optimism in the office was a huge help.
Good paid , nice people , overall ok, every day was different, management was fair, no problem with pay slips, pay , holidays , when you work for the company is ok, do not work for the agency's.
Awful place to work.You can’t have a wee without having to explain where you have been,all the managers talk about you and make it very obvious your being talked about so many negatives.made me ill working here
Pros
Started working on a 3 month FTC during the Corona Virus pandemic. Working as a warehouse operative packing orders. The job itself was not particularly challenging just very boring. There were plenty of issues with some listed below... • All personal items including phones, watches and jewellery (except wedding bands) must be stored in a locker or not brought to site. • Time management is particularly tricky with very few clocks, especially when trying to monitor packaging target performance and break start times/ shift end times • The staff are 90% foreign which isnt a problem as most are very friendly and helpful. However the same cannot be said for the management team. There are one or two that are friendly and helpful, however the rest are very rude and condescending. • On multiple occasions we experienced high temperatures due to the beginning of summer. With temperatures inside the warehouse being usually at least 4 or 5 degrees higher than outside, on multiple occasions it reached 30 degrees and with no air conditioning and very little ventilation it was unbearable • Equipment issues on a regular basis - Everyday at least one peice of equipment would go wrong. Nearly all the time there was also a shortage of work / work stations due to poor staff management. This made it increasingly difficult to achieve packaging targets. I quit this job after about 6 weeks as it became unbearable.
It started off so promising, but with power driven team leaders and poor dictatorship management style, this didn’t work out too well. It’s such a shame though because it could be so great!!
Pros
Lovely colleagues, free healthcare, barbers in work.
Cons
Terrible team leaders, unfulfilled bonuses/commision, bad payroll team and a poor management style.
Was taken on as core staff and assigned a team manager. Had to leave after 4 weeks due to a drastic change in personal circumstances. Not once did I meet her. By the time I left I still had no idea who she was. They literally left you to get on with what you were doing. I guess I would have seen her if my targets were not being met, but I’m assuming that wasn’t the case.
Where do I start? They dont care about employees, they lie to employees, they actually terminated my contract and then told me that I had resigned. They didn't pay me the money that I was owned. The woman that I was speaking with on email 'Rachael' didn't even bother to call me by the correct name. They are one of the worst companies that I have ever been a part of. I highly highly recommend that you dont even bother going for an interview it s all downhill from thwre. I would score lower than a one if possible
It depend in which area you work. People is friendly and management are not so bad in most of the areas. There are some part of the staff who English are poor but it is only little part of them. I work in this company for over 2 years. Would i advice to go work for the hut ? It is 12 hour work. Some days will go slow some fast. There are busy periods when you will be pushed to your limits and then there are more relaxed time when you will enjoy the work and spending some time with your colleagues discusing the free time and hobbs. I must say that for agency staff the place are much harder and tafer than for a core staff. The targets are pretty high but achievable if you doing your job. There are lots of people who are coming to the work and taking a p...ss what making managers push harder rest of the staff and management have a targets what needs to be achieved. The pay are ok for a Wearhouse.
Why is this place still open during a national crisis? They sell clothing, make up and protein products not one thing is essential it’s all about making money acting like they have staff interest in mind if you’re not brutish you’ll go far here disgusting firm
Pros
Cons
99% foreigners bad supervisors
  1. Employee reviews