The Lawnmower Company Ltd

Working at The Lawnmower Company Ltd: 12 Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Interesting job with good rate of pay.

As a company TLC are fantastic to work for with a good rate of pay .The only reason I left the job is to be home more. Like any other company you have the odd run in with management but at the end of the day they have to answer to the clients if the job isn't done properly. I'll miss the job very much and encourage anybody applying for a job not to read all negative reviews as the company can't defend itself. All the best to the company in the future

Pros

On site discounts

Cons

Nights away

Great job and always busy

Been working here for 6 years and great job to have. Always busy and very satisfying to help customers source machines and spare parts when needed, especially when other companies won't.

Pros

Time off when needed

Insights into The Lawnmower Company Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Failing company without standards

Very poorly ran company to small for what it's trying to do but filling managers pockets. Tools are repaird scrap. Hours are ridiculous full days driving then fulls days work no organisation of jobs. There are no job advantages no progression no training nothing spent to vaule staff members that's why so many leave

Pros

Cons

Long driving hours no heath or safety no organisation

Official response from The Lawnmower Company Ltd

13 July 2021
We disagree, new machinery is bought every month, machinery is constantly being repaired due to misuse and lack of general maintenance. Hours are very standard and are always made clear at the interview. Longer hours are always expected during peak season within the industry. There is always progression at the company, and we even pay for courses for employees who show a general interest and actually want to progress.

Worse place I’ve ever worked

Started off ok then just got progressively worse salary ok but then with the ridiculous amount of hours you do end up below minimum wage your expected to drive 4 to 7 hrs a day and then do a full days work management really haven’t a clue how to run a grounds maintenance company at all tools are shocking go into be repaired and come bk clean but still with the same problem vans trailers are unfit for use. And if one person didn’t get involved it would probably run a lot better. And health and safety don’t exist.

Pros

Cons

Just bad

Official response from The Lawnmower Company Ltd

13 July 2021
Salary and hours are always made clear at the interview. Long hours are always to be expected in peak season within our industry. We pay for hotels when needed to reduce driving hours, new tools are purchased every month, but sometimes get mistreated by employees not carrying out general maintenance, straight abuse or even left on site. Vans and trailers are always repaired asap, but some repairs could be avoided if drivers carry out their daily vehicle checks and communicate with the office.

I have worked at the Lawnmower Company for the last three yearsIt can be fast paced especially in the busy season and 2 days are never the same which I love The management are fair but do expect high standards from their staff as they are very customer focused

Pros

No 2 days are the same

Nice colleagues and work environment

Took on as a grounds maintenance operative and looked after the grounds on multiple industrial sites with a team of 3. Great working outdoors in the sun and great to see my work being complimented by site managers.

Found this to be a good place to work. Started off as part time, and turned into full time due to me wanting more hour. Always something to do and can got on great with the other members of staff.

Pros

Flexible

Busy, productive and interesting

Every day is different and never the same. Get to work and sell interesting garden machinery, and a pleasure to source parts for customers who can't them elsewhere.

Pros

Flexible hours

Great place to work, pay was great and hours suited my needs. Worked for this company for around a year and didn't have any issues with the management. It is a busy place to work, but this is expected when having multiple sites nationwide.

Pros

Training

Poor Company to work for

Awful company to work for the staff working there are good guys. But management is very difficult to work for they like to talk behide all staffs back. This caused difficulty to run a team because of the back stabing of the manager. Never have I worked for a company like this. Machinery never works as its faulty before being handed to you.. The manager will never come to you to deal with a problem just go and talk behide your back

Pros

Lads are Good pay is slighty better then most

Cons

Management tools and hours

Depressing workplace

I would not even ask an enemy to work there as all the management like to do is talk behind your backs and cause trouble between workforce. There is no structure or leadership due to poor conditions , no health and safety in place, I could write a book but will stop there

productive and fun workplace

turfing, flagging, kirbing, concreting, tarmacing, planting, general gardening, cleaning, using a ride on too cut grass, leaf blowing, strimming, hedge cutting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lawnmower Company Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement